daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 2nd, 2015, 05:51 PM   #32901
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Yo Dawg, I herd you like offtopics, so I put an offtopic in your offtopic topic so you can have offtopic topic while you have offtopic topic.
So deep!!!
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2015, 07:38 PM   #32902
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

btw, i still don't have answer on this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
question for Hungarians: can somebody recommend me some cheap sim card with pay-as-you-go (prepaid) bundle which i would use only for smaller amounts of mobile internet from time to time? dunno, not more than 200 mb, but without any obligations of monthly payment?
Old December 2nd, 2015, 09:10 PM   #32903
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1750

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
btw, i still don't have answer on this:
Don't you want postpaid? The prices are not bad.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2015, 11:29 PM   #32904
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Don't you want postpaid? The prices are not bad.

https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url
no because i don't intend to use it every month.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 03:18 AM   #32905
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

José having problems with the big boss at Chelsea and dealing with them well.

sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2015, 11:16 PM   #32906
piotr71

volodaaaa liked this post
piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2015, 11:21 PM   #32907
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19398

USA Today, live from Calabria.

In our regional newspaper the headline was 'Montenegro to join EU'.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 12:06 AM   #32908
volodaaaa

I am just curious, but what is going to be the benefit of that (despite the wrong map)

Old December 4th, 2015, 12:08 AM   #32909
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
I am just curious, but what is going to be the benefit of that (despite the wrong map)
To piss off Russia. Montenegro is traditionally linked with Russia.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 12:41 AM   #32910
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
To piss off Russia. Montenegro is traditionally linked with Russia.
It was a rhetorical question But it must have some rationale, so I am curios what have they made up.

Old December 4th, 2015, 08:57 AM   #32911
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21243

Etna back to activity

Source and more pics

winnipeg liked this post
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 05:54 PM   #32912
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
Anyway, nothing combines roads with paprika.
You can eat paprika at roadside rest areas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukraroad View Post
why Germans decided some time ago not to imply a speed limit like in other countries?
It is except of about 50% of the Autobahn network with an advisory speed limit of 130km/h only. Why? Because there's a strong car driver / automotive industry lobby.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 08:29 PM   #32913
winnipeg

As long as people are educated to drive on motorways, I don't see any problem...

Just to say, I have less problems/dangerous situations by going at 160-170km/h on autobahn than at 120-130km/h in other countries such as Hungary for example (with the same traffic)... because on autobahn people are carefull and for example they are watching if a car is coming before they do an overtaking so they won't go in front of you and create a dangerous situation, this happens too often in eastern Europe and some other countries...

I used to think that in some countries (also in France) people maybe don't care about how they are driving on motorway or maybe got their driving licence without knowing how to drive on a motorway...
Old December 4th, 2015, 08:54 PM   #32914
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
or maybe got their driving licence without knowing how to drive on a motorway...
In Romania it is forbidden for those who take driving lessons (together with an instructor) to drive on a motorway. So if you cannot learn how to drive there, how can you know all the rules (mostly "unofficial" rules)?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

winnipeg liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2015, 09:09 PM   #32915
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
I have less problems/dangerous situations by going at 160-170km/h on autobahn than at 120-130km/h in other countries such as Hungary for example (with the same traffic)... because on autobahn people are carefull and for example they are watching if a car is coming before they do an overtaking so they won't go in front of you and create a dangerous situation, this happens too often in eastern Europe and some other countries...
I don't agree......

I know a guy who drove 200 on German and Romanian Autobahn yesterday. The speed was only legal in one country but... There were less traffic on the Romanian Autobahn compared to the German Autobahn and I'm quite sure that the ride in Romania was much safer!

Of course, the right lane of the 2x2 German A3 Nuremberg-Würzburg was full of (east European) trucks and it was hard to drive fast. This way you can have some "unexpected" situations!

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2015, 12:20 AM   #32916
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
In Romania it is forbidden for those who take driving lessons (together with an instructor) to drive on a motorway. So if you cannot learn how to drive there, how can you know all the rules (mostly "unofficial" rules)?
I didn't knew that, this is very stupid, how people are suposed to drive on motorway if nobody teach them with practice... (If it's in a city where there is not highways, this is normal... but to forbid it, I don't understand... ).
Old December 5th, 2015, 12:29 AM   #32917
volodaaaa

Quote:
I didn't knew that, this is very stupid, how people are suposed to drive on motorway if nobody teach them with practice... (If it's in a city where there is not highways, this is normal... but to forbid it, I don't understand... ).
I think driving on motorway is the easiest thing from all driving issues. Much worse is driving in a crowded cities in dark, fog, side-wind with heavy rain.

Old December 5th, 2015, 12:32 AM   #32918
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I don't agree......

I know a guy who drove 200 on German and Romanian Autobahn yesterday. The speed was only legal in one country but... There were less traffic on the Romanian Autobahn compared to the German Autobahn and I'm quite sure that the ride in Romania was much safer!

Of course, the right lane of the 2x2 German A3 Nuremberg-Würzburg was full of (east European) trucks and it was hard to drive fast. This way you can have some "unexpected" situations!
It depends. For now, there is few traffic on the romanian A1 because as it is not yet completed, the highway is not really interesting for trucks, they are still going mostly trough the dangerous DN7 instead of following the highway that stops in Timisoara.... and also the situation about the border crossing on the highway is terrible too as there was hours of waiting this week and last week (because of the reinforced controls and the terrible organisation of romanians customs...). I crossed the border on 1st december and saved 1 or 2 hours of waiting by going trough the old road and the old border crossing...

Also yes, I don't know all the autobahns and my examples are maybe more limited than yours, but that's what I thought...

200km/h, seriously? That is really a poor guy!!! I'm sorry to tell that, but I find that this kind of guys are kind of criminals and it should be okay if it was only their life that is in danger, but they are also risking the life of others by driving like that...

I still hope that one day, romanian police will take their responsability and act seriously to stop those criminals so one day romanians road will to being covered with the blood of the too many peoples that are dying on it everyday...
Old December 5th, 2015, 12:36 AM   #32919
winnipeg

Quote:
I think driving on motorway is the easiest thing from all driving issues. Much worse is driving in a crowded cities in dark, fog, side-wind with heavy rain.
And???

You can choose to avoid driving in those conditions. When there is heavy rain or a storm, I stop my car for few minutes, it's the safest thing to do...

But avoiding motorways is very hard right now, we hopefully have motorways through all Europe. But you're right, driving on motorways is not that hard, but there is some mechanisms like watching carefuly of a car is coming, etc... that you have to learn, and the best way to learn it is to practice it!!
Old December 5th, 2015, 12:40 AM   #32920
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
You can choose to avoid driving in those conditions.
Not if you have to be somewhere on time.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways