daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 30th, 2016, 10:31 PM   #33921
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Greetings from a village somewhere in the Pyrenees . I barely have mobile connection here. I'm climbing a 2000 meter high mountain tomorrow.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

g.spinoza liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2016, 05:37 AM   #33922
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2111

Greetings from somewhere in the Rockies... I'm climbing a 4400 m high mountain in a few day.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2016, 06:14 PM   #33923
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21240

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Greetings from somewhere in the Rockies... I'm climbing a 4400 m high mountain in a few day.
Cool! I miss Colorado.
Old May 1st, 2016, 07:33 PM   #33924
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1750

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
It was the same here too
The journey back was even worse. It was heavily raining from Trieste to Vienna I only hope it had the same effect as high-pressure water hose to my paint.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 08:10 AM   #33925
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Hello from Москва. Nice weather all the way, we've driven over 3500 km and counting. We continue further east to Nizhniy Novgorod.
On Finnish-Russian border we met a Brazilian couple, traveling to Vladivostok with their Brazilian jeep.
Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:11 PM   #33926
volodaaaa

Is there any chance to get my broken windscreen prepaid if I wrote down the licence plate, place, time and date of a car driving in front of me in foreign country?

Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:42 PM   #33927
Sentilj

Likes (Received): 24

Probably not. Which proof about guilty of that particular vehicle do you have?
Sentilj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:49 PM   #33928
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

The Netherlands has a 'guarantee fund' where you can claim damages if the other vehicle owner is unknown or uninsured. It is funded by the government and insurance companies.

I'm not sure if you can claim damage that is the result of a stone chip or something. They'll tell you to keep a safe distance.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 09:55 PM   #33929
MattiG

Likes (Received): 616

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Is there any chance to get my broken windscreen prepaid if I wrote down the licence plate, place, time and date of a car driving in front of me in foreign country?
What is the crime the other party is guilty of?
MattiG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 11:09 PM   #33930
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

My windshield was repaired today (not replaced!). It's paid 100% by insurance.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2016, 11:53 PM   #33931
MattiG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
My windshield was repaired today (not replaced!). It's paid 100% by insurance.
I have had the windscreen replaced every 20th years in average. I have saved a huge amount of money by not buying the extra insurance coverage for the windscreen.

My previous car was a Skoda Yeti, and its windscreen was hit by something nasty. The cost to replace was 320 euro. The guy behind the garage desk desperately tried to sell me an insurance. I explained him by a calculation why that insurance would be beneficial to me only if I had to replace the windscreen every 11 months or more frequently.

My current car is Grand C4 Picasso. Its windscreen is huge (2 sq meters), UV-resistant, equipped with a rain sensor, etc. Thus bloody very expensive. In this case, the extra insurance is well justified.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 09:21 AM   #33932
volodaaaa

You are lucky guys. I replaced the current one less than year ago. You need to have an additional insurance (which I have) to have it prepaid. On the other hand, insurance companies always charge 10 % of the value either way (however minimum charge is 160 € regardless it is more than 10 %). It is not a crime to hit someone's windshield. Insurance companies always need to know details about the "accident" because they are often very suspicious. I am aware I will pay it anyway though.

Old May 3rd, 2016, 01:04 PM   #33933
TrojaA
ß-Retter

Likes (Received): 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I don't know how such things are managed in Slovakia or that foreign country, but in Germany this comes under operating risk (Betriebsrisiko) as long as the other one didn't act grossly negligent. Which means, that there's nearly no chance to sue for damages or to claim damages.
With that said, it's usually a good idea to have a partially comprehensive insurance in Germany, because windscreen repairs can cost you a lot of money here.
TrojaA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2016, 01:20 PM   #33934
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojaA View Post
I don't know how such things are managed in Slovakia or that foreign country, but in Germany this comes under operating risk (Betriebsrisiko) as long as the other one didn't act grossly negligent. Which means, that there's nearly no chance to sue for damages or to claim damages.
With that said, it's usually a good idea to have a partially comprehensive insurance in Germany, because windscreen repairs can cost you a lot of money here.
Yeah, it costed 600 € with work last time. I paid 160 €. Still can imagine how to spend those money more wisely.

Old May 3rd, 2016, 01:34 PM   #33935
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojaA View Post
Well it is the responsibility of the road manager to keep it clean from stones.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2016, 01:40 PM   #33936
MattiG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
Well it is the responsibility of the road manager to keep it clean from stones.
Sure. There shall be a brushing station in every point where gravel meets tarmac.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 06:08 PM   #33937
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

I've dug up a hilarious thread in the AARoads forum: What is the highest classification of road beside which you have urinated? I personally can claim a motorway as I've peed beside Spanish A-23, but fortunately I didn't stop my car there, it was during my recent attempt to walk from Zaragoza to Huesca (which I ended giving up shortly thereafter due to injury risk).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

piotr71 liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2016, 06:50 PM   #33938
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Okay...
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2016, 07:51 PM   #33939
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

keokiracer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2016, 08:35 PM   #33940
volodaaaa

I guess it is not a good idea to bring up "sh*t" issue given the presented topic

Tags
highways, motorways