daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 11th, 2016, 08:04 PM   #34481
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1748

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Maybe it was sent to Slovakia.
He can calm down then. I could arrive within next 10 years

volodaaaa está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2016, 08:12 PM   #34482
volodaaaa

When I was in Greece, I saw a map on wall with Macedonia covered by some papers. I uncovered the papers and found this

Btw. there is a lot of new traffic signs in Greece with direction to Macedonian cities. The white oval beside is blank

Here

and here

I know about the name dispute. I just wonder how does it reflect to common life.

piotr71 liked this post
Old September 11th, 2016, 09:40 PM   #34483
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Shouldn't there be an EU-wide document to act as both ID card and drivers licence? Most of the data written on them is identical anyway.
This is the kind of ideas who looks great when you look at it from a positive point of view.... but who actualy is a "usine à gaz" (a french expression to say that it is oversized compared to his task - it should be translated by "labyrinthine system" ), certainly too complicated and expensive for now to have a centralised ID service and certainly too complicated in the point of view of each country who will have their own requirements on it, etc...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 09:54 PM   #34484
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Shouldn't there be an EU-wide document to act as both ID card and drivers licence? Most of the data written on them is identical anyway.
Have you ever heard about the German "Entziehung der Fahrerlaubnis" or Austria "Abnahme des Führerscheines und Entzug der Lenkberechtigung"?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entzie..._Fahrerlaubnis

If you got penalized for misbehavior in road traffic**, e.g. speeding, you can "loose your driver license" temporarily, e.g. for 1 month or 3 months. You must give your document to a police station for that time. If there's just one document, you couldn't leave your country...

**It's even discussed in Germany to revoke one's driver license temporarily for criminal incidents beyond road traffic!

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 10:27 PM   #34485
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2104

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
Have you ever heard about the German "Entziehung der Fahrerlaubnis" or Austria "Abnahme des Führerscheines und Entzug der Lenkberechtigung"?

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entzie..._Fahrerlaubnis

If you got penalized for misbehavior in road traffic**, e.g. speeding, you can "loose your driver license" temporarily, e.g. for 1 month or 3 months. You must give your document to a police station for that time. If there's just one document, you couldn't leave your country...

**It's even discussed in Germany to revoke one's driver license temporarily for criminal incidents beyond road traffic!
It's not that difficult: they issue a card with a chip, where all you personal data are stored, and so is your driving license status. When your license is revoked, an officer only needs to check your ID with the database...
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 10:59 PM   #34486
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
I'm still waiting form my peronal IDs to arrive with the post form Italy. We forgot them in the camping reception in Sorrento but we found out that only after arriving home. I called them and they confirmed that they found them. I gave them address and since them I'm still waiting their post to arrive. A postcard from Sicily also didn't arrive yet - after 6 weeks. Is this normal for Italian post?
A few months ago my friend sent me a postcard from northern Italy and I never got it.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 11:48 PM   #34487
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

I once sent an envelope with few coins (taped within two pieces of cardboard so one wouldn't tell there were coins) and it never arrived to destination.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 11:52 PM   #34488
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Maybe it was sent to Slovakia.
There's a legend, not sure if true or not, that Slovenian and Slovak diplomats, meet regularly to exchange wrongly-addressed mail.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

piotr71 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2016, 11:56 PM   #34489
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
It's not that difficult: they issue a card with a chip, where all you personal data are stored, and so is your driving license status. When your license is revoked, an officer only needs to check your ID with the database...
Is there even need for a chip?
I'm sure police in Germany are checking your information on computer anyway...

g.spinoza liked this post
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 12:38 AM   #34490
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
There's a legend, not sure if true or not, that Slovenian and Slovak diplomats, meet regularly to exchange wrongly-addressed mail.
The same could go for Lithuanian and Latvian ones

Old September 12th, 2016, 01:36 AM   #34491
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadzie View Post
Is there even need for a chip?
I'm sure police in Germany are checking your information on computer anyway...
It's the same in France because most of the fines are automatic now in France (with speed radars, red lights radars and so....) and for each infractions you loose a certain amount of points on the 12 points you have on your driver licence...., but if you didn't received the notification/fine by mail, you might be using your car without a valid driver licence and only the cops can tell by checking their computers...

(For example if you are flashed by going into a traffic light, its -4 points even if the traffic light is only at "orange", you will got the fine and loose the points (that's why some people are braking brutaly on orange traffic lights in France, so dangerous... ), and for using a phone in your car (even stopped at a traffic light for example) it's -3 points, etc....)

The result of this stupid repression is that there is an estimated number of people who actualy drive without a valid driving licence in France between 500.000 and 2,5 millions according different estimations (but this number cannot be checked...). Another reason for this high number is that in France in some places you have to wait months and months to pass the test to have your driver licence, and it can cost up to 1400€ (because of the mandatory hours of driving you have to take with a school car instructor), such crazy situation...

Sorry if I went a bit off topic
Old September 12th, 2016, 09:54 AM   #34492
winnipeg

So I let my car to the garage and it will cost me 750€ to fix the turbo of my car, what a great Balkan trip...
Old September 12th, 2016, 01:30 PM   #34493
bogdymol
bogdymod

I hope you guys like today's banner
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

winnipeg liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 09:17 PM   #34494
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

All I've seen of Singapore is the airport, which had the cleanest toilet I've ever seen.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2016, 09:19 PM   #34495
volodaaaa

Very nice photo, looking like alien invasion though

Old September 13th, 2016, 03:34 PM   #34496
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

It's unseasonably hot in the Netherlands. The 30°C mark has never been crossed before so late in the season. The latest date in recorded history when the temperature exceeded 30°C was on 6 September.

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2016, 04:41 PM   #34497
MattiG

Likes (Received): 615

Quote:
It's unseasonably hot in the Netherlands. The 30°C mark has never been crossed before so late in the season. The latest date in recorded history when the temperature exceeded 30°C was on 6 September.

Not very cold in the North either. +15 currently at the Arctic Circle.

8166UY liked this post
MattiG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 12:27 AM   #34498
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Following the mock-ups of the World Cup and the March Madness, as well as several matches of the Spanish La Liga (involving ADPI Rivas, UD Ariza and Rosales CF replacing Barça, Atlético and Real Madrid respectively, the first two are actual teams playing at regional level, the other is fictional), I decided to make one of the UEFA Champions League, with teams from all over Europe like Arminia Ausfahrt, Ecce Homo, SC Fail, Scunthorpe United (another existing team) or Asperger (yes, there's a town named Asperg North of Stuttgart and obviously all its inhabitants are asperger but don't necessarily have Asperger's). And this couldn't have started worse, as the match between the last two has been suspended due to rain (to top that, today is Tuesday the 13th, considered an unlucky day in Spain). PEC Zwolle (yet another real team) is also in, and in fact today has been visited, and beaten, by UD Ariza.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 09:58 AM   #34499
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Uh, what?

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

bogdymol, Verso liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2016, 08:53 PM   #34500
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Asperger (yes, there's a town named Asperg North of Stuttgart and obviously all its inhabitants are asperger but don't necessarily have Asperger's).
There's also a village north of Stuttgart which is called Großaspach. There's a football club, 3rd division: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SG_Son...ro%C3%9Faspach.

I prefer Asbach though

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways