daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 12th, 2016, 07:31 PM   #34721
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,591
Likes (Received): 19378

My first post was in the Peru forums

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...25&postcount=1

Apparently I was researching Peru at the time and found Skyscrapercity. 10.5 years ago.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2016, 07:58 PM   #34722
CNGL
Leudimin
 
CNGL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Huesca
Posts: 7,447
Likes (Received): 1931

It appears there was no Highways and Autobahns forum back then.

My first post was to register in a regional forumer census. As a fun fact, I created my account a morning, and that afternoon I went on a secondary school trip to Italy, so I posted the first day and then I didn't so again for a week.
__________________
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 08:24 PM   #34723
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,591
Likes (Received): 19378

I think Highways & Autobahns was created in 2007. I took off with a Bulgarian guy called 'radi6404' who was completely ecstatic about shiny crash barriers (and later on, his balcony, see the first page of this thread).
__________________

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

DanielFigFoz liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 08:38 PM   #34724
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

I think this was the first new thread in H&A (if we don't count older threads that were just moved here from elsewhere).
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 08:56 PM   #34725
volodaaaa
Registered User
 
volodaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Posts: 3,230
Likes (Received): 1748

I am quite a young member here. But I remember renaming of national threads. I sent my first reply half year after signing up. It was addressed to Penn's.
__________________
Been/drove my car in: SK, CZ, D, A, H, PL, I, F, E, RSM, CH, FL, SLO, HR, SRB, BiH, MK, GR, BG, RO

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 09:00 PM   #34726
Alex_ZR
Registered User
 
Alex_ZR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Zrenjanin
Posts: 2,903
Likes (Received): 4001

How can you find your own very first post on SSC? If I click on "find all posts by Alex_ZR" the oldest I can get is July 2015, not January 2008...
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 09:11 PM   #34727
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,591
Likes (Received): 19378

Advanced search > search by user name > ascending order > show posts.

Your first post was in a Novi Sad thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1581
__________________

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Alex_ZR liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 09:23 PM   #34728
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

But keep in mind that search doesn't work in the Skybar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I am quite a young member here. But I remember renaming of national threads. I sent my first reply half year after signing up. It was addressed to Penn's.
You have older posts.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 09:43 PM   #34729
MichiH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lower Franconia
Posts: 4,403
Likes (Received): 2081

January 2013:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiH View Post
I'll try to keep you up to date in the next months.
__________________

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 09:43 PM   #34730
volodaaaa
Registered User
 
volodaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Posts: 3,230
Likes (Received): 1748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
But keep in mind that search doesn't work in the Skybar.

You have older posts.
Oh my... right... I was buying a new apartment
__________________
Been/drove my car in: SK, CZ, D, A, H, PL, I, F, E, RSM, CH, FL, SLO, HR, SRB, BiH, MK, GR, BG, RO

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 10:59 PM   #34731
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
My first post was in the Peru forums
Christ!
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 11:03 PM   #34732
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I think Highways & Autobahns was created in 2007. I took off with a Bulgarian guy called 'radi6404' who was completely ecstatic about shiny crash barriers (and later on, his balcony, see the first page of this thread).
but it was for a long time part of World Forums. maybe 2 years ago it became part of new Infrastructure and Mobility forum.
i dont' remember what was with Railways and Air Traffic back then though.

btw, one of the first road discussions was this:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...579&highlight=
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2016, 11:48 PM   #34733
Verso
Islander
 
Verso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ljubljana
Posts: 22,087
Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
but it was for a long time part of World Forums. maybe 2 years ago it became part of new Infrastructure and Mobility forum.
i dont' remember what was with Railways and Air Traffic back then though.
Railways and Airports & Aviation existed before H&A, they were in the Infrastructure and Mobility forum, which was part of the World Forums until a few years ago.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2016, 11:29 AM   #34734
CNGL
Leudimin
 
CNGL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Huesca
Posts: 7,447
Likes (Received): 1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
My first post was to register in a regional forumer census. As a fun fact, I created my account a morning, and that afternoon I went on a secondary school trip to Italy, so I posted the first day and then I didn't so again for a week.
Here is it.
__________________
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2016, 11:42 PM   #34735
volodaaaa
Registered User
 
volodaaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Posts: 3,230
Likes (Received): 1748

A colleague sent me a short reportage with me driving a train Video from 1:22
http://vovlaku.teraz.sk/v-muzeu-dopr...u-rusnovodica/
__________________
Been/drove my car in: SK, CZ, D, A, H, PL, I, F, E, RSM, CH, FL, SLO, HR, SRB, BiH, MK, GR, BG, RO


cinxxx, Verso, bogdymol, keokiracer, winnipeg and 1 others liked this post
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 12:09 PM   #34736
NordikNerd
Rail & Road traveller
 
NordikNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Linköping
Posts: 2,747
Likes (Received): 1408

Interesting, a serious accident involving a truck happend on the A27.

...that is the A27 in Britain and Germany almost at the same time. UK yesterday at 3PM. Germany this morning at 5.30.

UK: The A27 has been shut in both directions after what has been called a ‘serious collision’ close to the Fishbourne Roundabout.

Germany: Truck drops down ten meters deep
A truck driver was seriously injured on Friday morning. With his truck he had driven off the road on the A27 near Bremerhaven.
The truck had fallen down a ten-meter deep embankment. Rescue workers needed around two hours to free the man from his vehicle.
NordikNerd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 12:10 PM   #34737
winnipeg
Registered User
 
winnipeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Arad
Posts: 664
Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post
Interesting, a serious accident involving a truck happend on the A27.

...that is the A27 in Britain and Germany almost at the same time. UK yesterday at 3PM. Germany this morning at 5.30.

UK: The A27 has been shut in both directions after what has been called a ‘serious collision’ close to the Fishbourne Roundabout.

Germany: Truck drops down ten meters deep
A truck driver was seriously injured on Friday morning. With his truck he had driven off the road on the A27 near Bremerhaven.
The truck had fallen down a ten-meter deep embankment. Rescue workers needed around two hours to free the man from the vehicle.
And?
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 12:22 PM   #34738
lampsakos21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 47
Likes (Received): 21

hello everybody. this is my first post in this topic. i would like to ask is there any thread regarding regular roadtrippers like me that wants to know or at least share some nice places like for example where to stop for eat and drink during a long trip per country ( near highways or highly trafficked roads and what are the most peculiar and unusal places in terms of cultural or natural beauty ?
lampsakos21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 05:21 PM   #34739
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordikNerd View Post
Interesting, a serious accident involving a truck happend on the A27.

...that is the A27 in Britain and Germany almost at the same time. UK yesterday at 3PM. Germany this morning at 5.30.

UK: The A27 has been shut in both directions after what has been called a ‘serious collision’ close to the Fishbourne Roundabout.

Germany: Truck drops down ten meters deep
A truck driver was seriously injured on Friday morning. With his truck he had driven off the road on the A27 near Bremerhaven.
The truck had fallen down a ten-meter deep embankment. Rescue workers needed around two hours to free the man from his vehicle.
you are really approving this "nerd" in your nick
j/k
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2016, 05:23 PM   #34740
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,465
Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampsakos21 View Post
hello everybody. this is my first post in this topic. i would like to ask is there any thread regarding regular roadtrippers like me that wants to know or at least share some nice places like for example where to stop for eat and drink during a long trip per country ( near highways or highly trafficked roads and what are the most peculiar and unusal places in terms of cultural or natural beauty ?
here is the thread about rest stations:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=573640

however, i suggest you to ask in each thread about it, you have active threads for all (important) countries in the world.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium