daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 17th, 2016, 01:29 PM   #34921
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Next year I plan to go to USA so I'm already wondering if Russian and Belarusian visas in my passport won't cause problems on US border. In theory that shouldn't be a problem but I've heard so many "interesting" stories about US border police so I'm not completely without worry.
I have in my passport stamps from Singapore, Hong Kong, Macao and United Arab Emirates.

I went to Vienna at the US embassy to get a US visa but they never asked anything about those stamps. When I entered USA last month the border officer didn't check for any previous stamps/visited countries... it was a very relaxed discussion with basic 2-3 questions and that's it. No stress, no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Although it will be more interesting for us to hear your experience if you keep it
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2016, 02:01 PM   #34922
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
In almost 40 years I've never had a single tooth cavity...
I'm 42. I have 7 "normal" teeth, the rest was either pulled out or has a crown. I've been quite a regular visitor of dentists since my childhood.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 02:25 PM   #34923
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I have in my passport stamps from Singapore, Hong Kong, Macao and United Arab Emirates.

I went to Vienna at the US embassy to get a US visa but they never asked anything about those stamps. When I entered USA last month the border officer didn't check for any previous stamps/visited countries... it was a very relaxed discussion with basic 2-3 questions and that's it. No stress, no issues.
Singapore, Hong Kong, Macao and United Arab Emirates haven't problems with the United States.
A source of immense problems while entering US would be having stamps of some Islamic countries, especially those that are at war at the moment (Iraq, Syria, Lybia), as nobody go there as a tourist, so people going there usually have another reason (i.e. are 'foreign fighters').
I don't know whether Russian and Belarussian stamps can be a problem, although USA-Russia relationship will probably improve next year, as Trump is against sanctions.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 06:36 PM   #34924
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
I'm pretty sure that transporting drones over most world borders is not something that would be trivial with respective border police or customs. People, that have visited just EU countries usually don't have a clue, that crossing borders with a car is still a complicated thing in most cases.

Next year I plan to go to USA so I'm already wondering if Russian and Belarusian visas in my passport won't cause problems on US border. In theory that shouldn't be a problem but I've heard so many "interesting" stories about US border police so I'm not completely without worry.
Yes, but in occidental countries (not only Europe) there is no such problem, this is really the first time that I heard that, they usualy mostly are looking for prohibed products...

And some US border police can be very hard with you, they just do their job... and for example I traveled twice from Canada to USA with car, and they only made us write some form and checked our identity but they don't even check the other stamps on the passport and they didn't look at our bagages...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Maybe you should make a new passport just to be sure
Although it will be more interesting for us to hear your experience if you keep it
Absolutly not, since the cold war is finished, you will not be considered as a russian spy even if you enter in the USA with a russian stamp on your passport or something like that...
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2016, 06:38 PM   #34925
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by VITORIA MAN View Post
bienvenue en France !!!
Those controls are unusual, those photos are from december 2015, right after the Paris attacks and some of the terrorists were Belgians, that's why they were looking at the Belgium/France border (but which is totaly useless as there is hundreds way to go from France to Belgium and the opposite...)

Last edited by winnipeg; November 17th, 2016 at 08:43 PM.
Old November 17th, 2016, 07:47 PM   #34926
bogdymol
bogdymod

I have crossed from Germany into France nearby Strasbourg twice in December 2015 with my Romanian-registred car (black car with with black tinted windows... so might look suspicious ), there were similar controls like in the photos above, but they just waved me through, without having to stop.

winnipeg liked this post
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:47 PM   #34927
winnipeg

Quote:
I have crossed from Germany into France nearby Strasbourg twice in December 2015 with my Romanian-registred car (black car with with black tinted windows... so might look suspicious ), there were similar controls like in the photos above, but they just waved me through, without having to stop.
I could imagine

BTW, be carreful with those tinted windows, from january 2017, windows that have less than 70% of transparency will be forbiden in France, you could get 135€ of fines for that (even if I don't really believe that they will check every car for that...)

http://droit-finances.commentcamarch...ation-routiere
Old November 17th, 2016, 08:50 PM   #34928
bogdymol
bogdymod

It's standard from the factory, I haven't modified anything. There's no foil, but all rear windows are tinted (the glass itself is darker) and you can barely see something from outside.

Here it is:

winnipeg liked this post
Old November 17th, 2016, 09:38 PM   #34929
winnipeg

I see!

Very nice car by the way!

bogdymol liked this post
Old November 17th, 2016, 11:27 PM   #34930
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Due to the app bug I decided to switch to the browser from my cellphone.

Anyway, a few minutes ago I confirmed I'm going to do another walkover next Sunday .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2016, 09:26 AM   #34931
bigic
(-_-) -<>- ♂♂

Likes (Received): 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Due to the app bug I decided to switch to the browser from my cellphone.
I have accidentally discovered that Tapatalk works again, so I switched to Tapatalk because the app is buggy.
bigic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2016, 11:56 AM   #34932
MattiG

Likes (Received): 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
I could imagine

BTW, be carreful with those tinted windows, from january 2017, windows that have less than 70% of transparency will be forbiden in France, you could get 135€ of fines for that (even if I don't really believe that they will check every car for that...)

http://droit-finances.commentcamarch...ation-routiere
As the text states, it applies to the windows of the front doors only. The regulation is in line with the other EU countries.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2016, 07:12 PM   #34933
bogdymol
bogdymod

Something interesting
Old November 18th, 2016, 07:50 PM   #34934
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
As the text states, it applies to the windows of the front doors only. The regulation is in line with the other EU countries.
I haven't checked the regulations from other states but it was showed by the medias as a very strong mesure, and it looked like if it was more strict than in others countries...

Anyway in my opinion the most important is the back window, it should be completly forbiden as when you are in trafic behind such cars (there is many like that un Romania) you can't see what is happening in front of the car so it makes your reaction time way more higher...
Old November 18th, 2016, 08:01 PM   #34935
bogdymol
bogdymod

Many vans don't have rear windows at all, so you can't see through them.
Old November 18th, 2016, 10:49 PM   #34936
MattiG

Quote:
Brilliant. Where can I buy one?

Last edited by MattiG; November 18th, 2016 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Wording
Old November 18th, 2016, 10:52 PM   #34937
MattiG

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
I haven't checked the regulations from other states but it was showed by the medias as a very strong mesure, and it looked like if it was more strict than in others countries...
New regulations always cause a lot of noise in France.
Old November 19th, 2016, 10:14 AM   #34938
winnipeg

Quote:
Many vans don't have rear windows at all, so you can't see through them.
But in this case it's normal, it's not a choice from the driver...
Old November 19th, 2016, 04:24 PM   #34939
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Quite thoughtful, although it can also be dangerous.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2016, 08:16 AM   #34940
bogdymol
bogdymod

I haven't played any game in the last few years, so I decided to get one. So I have purchased GTA5 as I have enjoyed this game maybe 10 years ago when I have played last time.

Yesterday I said I should install it on my laptop. I opened the package and I noticed that it came on 7 DVDs. I put the first one inside, started to install it, and then I started to do some house cleaning so that the time passes during installation. Meanwhile I have read on the package that after installation it will need to make some updated

2.5 hours later all the DVDs were installed But then the game said it needs an 8 GB update that it will download from the servers. Estimated download time (with Austrian internet): 2-3 hours Luckily it went quicker than that.

After that it requested another update, about 500 MB in size Once this was finished, I could see the "play" button

I pressed the "play" button, but it requested another 70 MB update I said ok, and in the few minutes it downloaded this I brought close to me something to eat and something to drink while I will finally enjoy the game, plus I took myself a comfortable position on the sofa. I could finally enjoy the game...

After that update was finished, it has started another one, 3 GB in size...

After that one was completed, it still needed something about 600 MB in size.

After 5 or 6 hours from the time I have started the installation, I have finally managed to play the game But just for a few minutes, as I had to leave the house and visit some friends with my wife...

cinxxx, winnipeg, Verso, Kanadzie liked this post

Tags
highways, motorways