daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:07 PM   #35101
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
This is going out of hand.
I really cannot see why I have to pay a quarter of everything to the State. It seems unreasonably (but of course reasons are very well known) high.
Perhaps if we saw the "added value"?

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:14 PM   #35102
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

Quote:
I have no interest whatsoever in vlogs and guys publishing videos. I must admit, I can't understand why someone should want to watch a random guy say random things in a video, unless it's a thematic channel (I watched some science related shows on YouTube).
I have troubles with videos: I thing written words convey much more information in less time.
Why people would want to watch some entertainment show on the TV that are way worse than that? Same question...

I watch a lot Youtube myself (and never TV) because you can choose to watch what you want, and for example you can choose to look at those daily vlogs, even if sometimes I find them boring (mostly before he choosed to stop), before that it was great and entertaining because he was doing interesting stuffs, that a great way to think at something else after a day of work or to escape from a boring life in a (very) boring city such mine...

On Youtube you watch what you want, I personaly watch a lot of videos from Youtubers inmy native language and there's a lot of exceptional content and not only the one that are boringly playing videogames on video or praks or stuffs like that, for example what I really like on Youtube are also science-related videos, in my native language there's a lot of famous Youtubers about natural science, physics, maths, history, etc.... but also about travels, exploring some scary abandoned places, etc... That's in most possible ways, much better than TV!
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:25 PM   #35103
winnipeg

About houses, even in France, the situation has changed a lot in the last decades... 25 years ago, my parents were able to build there own house (a very large and decent house) with only one salary (my mother wasn't working, and my father didn't had a "highly paying" job at this time)...

Now it's much much harder, not only because having a stable job is harder, but also because all costs have crazily increased, for example all the materials needed to build it are costing a lot more (if you want to build a house who last on time), and now with the banks it's way much difficult to get a loan for a house building, they want the lower possible risk now, so they offer loans only to "best candidates", not those with difficult situation who are the most in need...
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:34 PM   #35104
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

I haven't watched regular TV programming for almost 10 years now. I deeply dislike all the advertising and the need to change your schedule to the TV programming schedule. Now I just watch whenever I feel like watching something, without being interrupted with advertising every 15 minutes.

It blows my mind that an archaic application like teletext is still widely used in the Netherlands. There is even a teletext app that is used by some 600,000 people every day.

On the other hand I don't consider myself an 'early adopter' of new technologies either. I'm more like wait and see.

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; December 22nd, 2016 at 08:22 PM.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 08:03 PM   #35105
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
The facility management is usually about 20 - 30 €, but we are awaiting the reconstruction to decrease the monthly payment for gas So basically we take money from one pile and put it on another one
all 3 things are really expensive.
160€ for facility managment?? what does it include, 2 full body massages twice per week?
100€ for gas - if you have gas heating, i can understand it in winter months, although again quite expensive. when i lived in Zagreb, we had gas heating and paid cca 90€ in winter months for 55 sqm, and it was one of the most expensive heating fees for that size of apartment in whole city, mostly people paid 40, maybe 50€. when we had gas heating in house, we paid in winter months up to 250€ tough.
100€ electricity?! I pay 50€ for 150 sqm house. do you own Tesla and recharge it every day?
Old December 22nd, 2016, 08:15 PM   #35106
volodaaaa

teletext I have not tried it for a very long time BTW we have a monthly plan with set-top box. The greatest advantage it has is that you can simply record the movie/show/etc. and then forward the advertisement. It is a huge problem here in Slovakia as advertisements are incredibly long. For example Titanic film takes 5 hours which adds up to 2 hours of ads.

Old December 22nd, 2016, 08:25 PM   #35107
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
For example Titanic film takes 5 hours which adds up to 2 hours of ads.

I hope she also watches Bud Spencer movies with you.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 08:54 PM   #35108
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

I don't even own a TV.
I watch movies and TV series on my PC, only after careful evaluation and after reading a lot of reviews.
I have far too little time to spend going on youtube and hoping that the next video will be interesting. There are no reviews for youtube (number of visualization do not count - usually the more a video is watched, the stupider it is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
Why people would want to watch some entertainment show on the TV that are way worse than that? Same question...

I watch a lot Youtube myself (and never TV) because you can choose to watch what you want, and for example you can choose to look at those daily vlogs, even if sometimes I find them boring (mostly before he choosed to stop), before that it was great and entertaining because he was doing interesting stuffs, that a great way to think at something else after a day of work or to escape from a boring life in a (very) boring city such mine...

On Youtube you watch what you want, I personaly watch a lot of videos from Youtubers inmy native language and there's a lot of exceptional content and not only the one that are boringly playing videogames on video or praks or stuffs like that, for example what I really like on Youtube are also science-related videos, in my native language there's a lot of famous Youtubers about natural science, physics, maths, history, etc.... but also about travels, exploring some scary abandoned places, etc... That's in most possible ways, much better than TV!
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 09:59 PM   #35109
winnipeg

Quote:
I don't even own a TV.
I watch movies and TV series on my PC, only after careful evaluation and after reading a lot of reviews.
I have far too little time to spend going on youtube and hoping that the next video will be interesting. There are no reviews for youtube (number of visualization do not count - usually the more a video is watched, the stupider it is).
That's why you suscribe only to the channels that produce the content that please you the most, you are your own critic, you don't need anyone to tell you what you have to watch, how great is that?

If you look only by the number of views, then you are looking at Youtube the wrong way...
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:00 PM   #35110
winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I haven't watched regular TV programming for almost 10 years now. I deeply dislike all the advertising and the need to change your schedule to the TV programming schedule. Now I just watch whenever I feel like watching something, without being interrupted with advertising every 15 minutes.

It blows my mind that an archaic application like teletext is still widely used in the Netherlands. There is even a teletext app that is used by some 600,000 people every day.

On the other hand I don't consider myself an 'early adopter' of new technologies either. I'm more like wait and see.

Seriously, teletext? That's the useless thing I used to look on the TV of my grand parents when I was bored maybe 15 years ago....

This is so useless...
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:08 PM   #35111
volodaaaa

Some tv channels had even games built in teletext. Or dating chat.

Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:16 PM   #35112
winnipeg

Quote:
Some tv channels had even games built in teletext. Or dating chat.
So it's more evolved that the teletext we know here, which is basicly only informations about the channel and the programs and some other useless things... (but it was obviously only in "one-way" as it was working with the TV signal....
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:23 PM   #35113
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
That's why you suscribe only to the channels that produce the content that please you the most, you are your own critic, you don't need anyone to tell you what you have to watch, how great is that?
Maybe, I don't know.
But I like video content to be made professionally. I don't like amateur wannabes.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:47 PM   #35114
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Well, many people go to Youtube for entertainment. And they feel amateur / semi-professional videos are more 'real' than corporate overproduced TV series.

Casey Neistat is a professional filmmaker. His productions are more complex than sometimes meets the eye, there are numerous vides on Youtube detailing the skills he puts into his daily vlogs compared to others who just point a gopro or phone on themselves. The snowboarding/drone video required 5 days of filming and a crew of 30 for a 4 minute video.

Of course, with daily vlogs, you need to edit the entire vlog on the same day, whereas a professional studio may take weeks or months to produce a number of episodes.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:48 PM   #35115
winnipeg

Quote:
Maybe, I don't know.
But I like video content to be made professionally. I don't like amateur wannabes.
So you're lucky , there's plenty of amateurs and professionals on Youtube that are making both creative and professional content, at least in french and english.... for other languages I don't know...
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:49 PM   #35116
winnipeg

Not an example of what I just said, but a great video about christmas in Norway : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6plKMU0tTTk&t=0s
Old December 22nd, 2016, 10:50 PM   #35117
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
So you're lucky , there's plenty of amateurs and professionals on Youtube that are making both creative and professional content, at least in french and english.... for other languages I don't know...
That's hardly a problem, I rarely watch videos in Italian... usually, English, Spanish or German.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 11:10 PM   #35118
winnipeg

An example of what I call "great" content (in french)...

-Animal exploration : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvbaVEqFZcs (with english subs)
-Biological sciences : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGL_LJosToY (with english subs)
-A guy who explorate abandoned buildings/places : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmBEcWhc7g
-We even have internet shows that are produced by TV companies but only for internet with peoples who comes from internet (the presenter has his own Youtube channel) and for example this one is forbidden at TV but perfectly legal on internet (they drink alcohol while cooking, stupid but funny ) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCWFRnyF0wI
-A guy who talks about curious things (but with quality) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhoZzh-Fkss (with english subs)
-Some science "popularization" channels : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82jOF4Q6gBU or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G5SiVJnJM4
Etc...

In english there are plenty of similar great channel who are even more successfull as their public is way larger because they speak in english, for example today I saw this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsBT5EQt348 and there's plenty of such channels...

Maybe you should check what italians Youtubers are doing, maybe there's also plenty of quality content you haven't seen yet!
Old December 22nd, 2016, 11:37 PM   #35119
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
I rarely watch videos in Italian... usually, English, Spanish or German.
Hmm, I can't remember when I watched my last German movie, film or show on TV or anywhere else. I was used to watch some series but I need my TV for watching sports only meanwhile. I only watch anything on youtube when it's about road construction or music (more listening than watching). My radio is always on though.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 11:46 PM   #35120
volodaaaa

Quote:
So it's more evolved that the teletext we know here, which is basicly only informations about the channel and the programs and some other useless things... (but it was obviously only in "one-way" as it was working with the TV signal....
No, no.... it is the same kind of teletext here. The game was just kind of "maze" and the dating worked through text messages (which were obviously charged)

Tags
highways, motorways