daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 24th, 2017, 07:23 PM   #35761
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

I don't drink alcohol. I never liked wine and was not a big consumer of beer either. I switched to alcohol-free beer a while ago, I like not having to worry about mobility when having a drink (I never drink and drive).

I never understood the 'fun' of consuming large amounts of alcohol. Yeah, great party you can't remember anything of except the hangover and wasted weekend.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Kpc21, bogdymol liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2017, 07:26 PM   #35762
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I don't drink alcohol. I never liked wine and was not a big consumer of beer either. I switched to alcohol-free beer a while ago, I like not having to worry about mobility when having a drink (I never drink and drive).
I tried sometimes alkoholfrei beer but I found it disgusting. It is way too sweet. If I have to stay sober, I prefer water or juice.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2017, 08:07 PM   #35763
bogdymol
bogdymod

I don't like the taste of beer and I also don't like strong alcohol like vodka or anything else similar. However, a glass of wine once or twice a month doesn't hurt anybody.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

volodaaaa liked this post
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2017, 08:25 PM   #35764
VITORIA MAN
on skycrapercity

Likes (Received): 14404

http://www.carballeira.com/wp-conten...o+mariscos.jpg
VITORIA MAN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2017, 11:16 PM   #35765
winnipeg

Likes (Received): 206

I personnaly like beer, not that much, but it's good enought... I don't like red wines, but I love white wines, especially those very sugary like Sauternes, it's delightfull!! I also like a lot cider, like the ones we make in Normandy or the polish ones who are also very good (I bought some while I was in Krakow few months ago but that sadly we don't find in other countries like in Romania...).

But I don't drink much alcohol, maybe something like once a week...

Last edited by winnipeg; February 24th, 2017 at 11:26 PM.
winnipeg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 01:29 AM   #35766
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

I personally love alcohol
Beer, wine, wodka, whiskey, cider, brandy, jenever, sake, maotai, mead, soju, curacao, etc etc it is all so tasty and pleasing
Only one I avoid is wood alcohol

I never get drunk though... Im not 15 anymore...

Last edited by Kanadzie; February 25th, 2017 at 01:39 AM.
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 10:30 AM   #35767
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

I do drink alcohol. But never alone and I am very obedient when it comes to choosing a dedicated driver.

The best is wine. I like semi-sweet white, especially from Moldova. Also spirits, but never vodka or whisky. We prefer herbal spirits. The least I like is beer. I have it sometimes, but I never get drunk of it. On the other hand, you can sleep very well after drinking at least a litre of beer.

With our friends we love playing boardgames. It is good to have a glass or two of wine or some shots. You don't have to be a zombie though.

I got drunk several times, mostly of shots, but few times of wine. My worst experience is from Czech republic, Moravia. We went there to typical wine pits and the owner asked us to do a wine-tasting. Unfortunately the sample was quite huge and he kept pouring. I got drunk in about 20 minutes

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 11:34 AM   #35768
MattiG

Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
My worst experience is from Czech republic, Moravia. We went there to typical wine pits and the owner asked us to do a wine-tasting. Unfortunately the sample was quite huge and he kept pouring. I got drunk in about 20 minutes
In the era of Czechoslovakia, I made a trip to Brno to meet people of the technical university. The trip lasted a week or so, and it included sessions to get familiar to local wines, beer and brandies, too. During one warm day, I was served Burčák, which is tasty sweet young wine. The host told that, according to local habits, every man has to go blackout of Burčák once every autumn. I was careful, but I can imagine the risks of that product.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 11:50 AM   #35769
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnipeg View Post
But for foreigners it's the same, some don't even know that the city is composed from Buda and Pest. Buda is simply a better simplification.
It is just the other way around for a hungarian.
«I'm going to be in Pest for the weekend». You never use Buda alone except in a historical point of view.

winnipeg, Kpc21, Kanadzie liked this post
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 03:58 PM   #35770
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

i don't like sweet wines. for my taste it must be very dry. if white, then light tasted, for instance i rarely miss with pinot gris. if red, then it must have dense, strong and deep body. and i drink wine only with food, or maybe rarely in wine bar. never in normal bar.

beer - i like it a lot. this is opposite, i don't like to drink it with food, especially those craft things that are very modern nowadays (although i like cheap lagers too).

strong alcocholic beverages - yes, mostly rakija as aperitif or to calm when i'm nervous (for that purpose i always have a bottle of slovak borovička in the home bar)
also, pelinkovac is the thing that i often drink beside espresso coffee, perfect combination. (no, it's not like jägermeister, it's not that sweet). and when go to the club or bar at saturday night i usually take some simple cocktail, like Jack Daniels with Coke, Bacardi with Coke or with Gingerino and similar.

geez, am i alcocholic?
Old February 25th, 2017, 04:52 PM   #35771
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
geez, am i alcocholic?
The most alcoholic until now on this thread
Old February 25th, 2017, 06:03 PM   #35772
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

I'm probably the least alcoholic in this thread, as I've never had an alcoholic beverage and am not planning on drinking anything alcoholic either
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 06:26 PM   #35773
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I never smoked a cigarette, not even a puff. I always found it stinky, was never attracted to it, even in high school when it was 'cool' to smoke.

At my work only a small number of colleagues smoke (most of them over 40) but those who do smoke are also heavy smokers, going through a pack per day or two days.
Old February 25th, 2017, 06:27 PM   #35774
bogdymol
bogdymod

Dutch people are known to smoke other kinds of cigarettes

#ifyouknowwhatimean

Kanadzie liked this post
Old February 25th, 2017, 06:30 PM   #35775
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21253

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Dutch people are known to smoke other kinds of cigarettes

#ifyouknowwhatimean
That is not true. Foreign people, especially tourists to central Amsterdam for 2-3 nights, think Dutch people are all hooked on different substances.
Old February 25th, 2017, 06:33 PM   #35776
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The Dutch don't smoke that much pot in reality. Most try it a few times, but only a small group smokes weed frequently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual...use_by_country
Old February 25th, 2017, 06:53 PM   #35777
Surel

Likes (Received): 2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I got drunk several times, mostly of shots, but few times of wine. My worst experience is from Czech republic, Moravia. We went there to typical wine pits and the owner asked us to do a wine-tasting. Unfortunately the sample was quite huge and he kept pouring. I got drunk in about 20 minutes
Moravian wine cellars are great. I got some great memories from a high school trip to South Moravia .

Sentilj liked this post
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 07:03 PM   #35778
Surel

Likes (Received): 2156

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
In the era of Czechoslovakia, I made a trip to Brno to meet people of the technical university. The trip lasted a week or so, and it included sessions to get familiar to local wines, beer and brandies, too. During one warm day, I was served Burčák, which is tasty sweet young wine. The host told that, according to local habits, every man has to go blackout of Burčák once every autumn. I was careful, but I can imagine the risks of that product.
Young wine, great time of the year indeed.

Kanadzie liked this post
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 08:46 PM   #35779
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
That is not true. Foreign people, especially tourists to central Amsterdam for 2-3 nights, think Dutch people are all hooked on different substances.
Any time I crossed the border from D to NL (not in a motorway but at Aachen or Herzogenrath, town roads), needed to drive no more than fifty meters to have a Dutch guy coming and asking whether I want to buy weed :-)
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2017, 08:57 PM   #35780
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Any time I crossed the border from D to NL (not in a motorway but at Aachen or Herzogenrath, town roads), needed to drive no more than fifty meters to have a Dutch guy coming and asking whether I want to buy weed :-)
Yeah, that's because you're driving in a foreign car, aka you're a potential customer due to drugs-tourism. Certainly in the area you mention; southern Limburg.
Try it with a Dutch car (rental or something) and those people will completely ignore you, though possibly not if they recognize that it's a rental car.
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways