daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 16th, 2017, 06:18 PM   #36201
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9098

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
Does somebody know if there are police checks at A-D borders nowadays?
What kind of stuff would you like to carry? I guess if you drive a normal, passenger car you should not be afraid about any control - simply they would not be interested in stopping you

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2017, 06:23 PM   #36202
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19388

I'm guessing he wants to know if there are any delays to be expected at border crossings.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2017, 06:32 PM   #36203
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

I imagine how long delays would be if Belgium decides to impose border controls on inbound traffic from the Netherlands for whatever reason.
Old May 16th, 2017, 08:56 PM   #36204
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Does somebody know if there are police checks at A-D borders nowadays?
In the past year I crossed A-D border every month, at Passau and Salzburg. In 90% of the cases there were random controls, but the lost time was no longer than 10 minutes. You just have to drive slowly through the check point, and they just wave you through...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2017, 09:57 PM   #36205
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Temperatures took quite a jump in the Netherlands. The past 5 weeks had more or less cool to cold spring weather significantly below normal, many days hardly cracked 10 - 13 °C. But today there were summer-like temperatures.

The average July high is 22 °C. Though 30 °C is pretty common every summer, but usually not weeks on end. Today reached 28 °C which is 10 °C above average. Tomorrow may be even a few degrees warmer, it would be interesting to see if it can crack the 30 °C mark (which is considered 'tropical' in Dutch climatology).

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

MajKeR_ liked this post
Old May 16th, 2017, 09:59 PM   #36206
Suburbanist
on the road

Ameland seems te place to be!
Old May 17th, 2017, 12:04 AM   #36207
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I'm guessing he wants to know if there are any delays to be expected at border crossings.
exactly
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
In the past year I crossed A-D border every month, at Passau and Salzburg. In 90% of the cases there were random controls, but the lost time was no longer than 10 minutes. You just have to drive slowly through the check point, and they just wave you through...
thanks.

one more thing - i will have to enter to Köln with my car, and I have never been entering to (larger) cities in Germany by car. i guess I need Umweltplakette. can I buy it at any gas station or similar?
Old May 17th, 2017, 10:35 AM   #36208
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The internet says you can buy the sticker at major gas stations. You can also order it online.
Old May 17th, 2017, 11:48 AM   #36209
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
exactly

thanks.

one more thing - i will have to enter to Köln with my car, and I have never been entering to (larger) cities in Germany by car. i guess I need Umweltplakette. can I buy it at any gas station or similar?
Yes, you need an Umweltplakette, almost the whole area of Cologne is environmental area (Umweltzone). Only green stickers are allowed.
You can't buy it in any gas station, but in many ones.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #36210
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

I would prefer to visit some car service or ADAC point to buy the Umweltplakette. There you might be sure that you can buy it and it would not cost more than €5. To be honest, I have never heard about buing the Umweltplakette at any gas station, while checked it well before one travel to Berlin. Any car dealership is a proper destination

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Old May 17th, 2017, 06:09 PM   #36211
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2102

I don't think you can buy Umweltplakette at gas stations. I had to buy mine at TÜV, and they wanted my car registration papers. I don't think a pump guy is qualified
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2017, 06:51 PM   #36212
ChrisZwolle
Road user

They'll just have to match the vehicle emission type on the registration papers with the type of environmental sticker. I'm guessing they can feed the type approval into a system that says which sticker they are eligible for.

I've never got one at a fuel station, but websites point out it is possible at major fuel stations.

France also introduced a 'Crit Air' vignette this year. You need it in Paris, Lyon and Grenoble so far, but it is expected to be rolled out in many more cities. I ordered the Crit Air vignette on the government website, it cost like € 4 and it was mailed to my home address. I needed to upload a photo of my registration certificate.

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/
Old May 17th, 2017, 06:56 PM   #36213
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Kind of weird to see the Netherlands in a list of hottest cities in Europe today...

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

MajKeR_ liked this post
Old May 17th, 2017, 09:34 PM   #36214
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Quote:
France also introduced a 'Crit Air' vignette this year. You need it in Paris, Lyon and Grenoble so far, but it is expected to be rolled out in many more cities. I ordered the Crit Air vignette on the government website, it cost like € 4 and it was mailed to my home address. I needed to upload a photo of my registration certificate.

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/
Because it would be too mainstream to ask the Germans about using their kind of sticker.

Old May 18th, 2017, 01:45 AM   #36215
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

How stringent are checks for such sticker? Could I take just green circle and tape to window instead?
This stupid thing really should be resisted more forcefully... even if just by some EU-directive that cars meeting a certain emissions class get a particular sticker on the number plate, in all EU countries.
Old May 18th, 2017, 07:50 AM   #36216
MattiG

Likes (Received): 615

Quote:
The internet says you can buy the sticker at major gas stations. You can also order it online.
I ordered my sticker yesterday. Let us see what happens.

Quite a clumsy way to prove your car is manufactured no earlier than 2003. But so German: the more bureaucracy the better.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2017, 09:22 PM   #36217
Suburbanist
on the road

As I said before, the EU should pass a measure to stop all this non-sense. Create a EU-wide "environmental sticker" based on EURO standards. Disallow any other classification of vehicles other than by their weight, size, fuel and EURO standard. Introduce a standard EURO traffic sign to make clear who can and cannot operate a vehicle (like the ones they have for weight and size...)
Old May 18th, 2017, 10:23 PM   #36218
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
As I said before, the EU should pass a measure to stop all this non-sense. Create a EU-wide "environmental sticker" based on EURO standards. Disallow any other classification of vehicles other than by their weight, size, fuel and EURO standard. Introduce a standard EURO traffic sign to make clear who can and cannot operate a vehicle (like the ones they have for weight and size...)
I agree. These are the things EU should really pursue: these little things that make actually our life easier and make us feel like we're living in one big nation.
For instance, during my trip to Norway and Svalbard Islands I used for the first time free roaming cell phone connection, and it was incredibly helpful in many situations.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2017, 11:38 PM   #36219
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I agree. These are the things EU should really pursue: these little things that make actually our life easier and make us feel like we're living in one big nation.
For instance, during my trip to Norway and Svalbard Islands I used for the first time free roaming cell phone connection, and it was incredibly helpful in many situations.
June 15th is really a big day for telecommunication in Europe, with introduction of free roaming also for data. It means I can get only single data plan and never bother again with pesky unsecured WiFi, or data caps.

Something I think EU did a while ago and is really helpful is the European Health Insurance Card scheme.

Junkie liked this post
Suburbanist está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 09:06 AM   #36220
Tenjac

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
exactly

thanks.

You can buy this stickers in Croatia. HAK is selling them.
http://www.hak.hr/ino/eko-zone/
Tenjac no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways