daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 31st, 2017, 11:56 PM   #37381
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Yet, still it's cheaper than to have insured a car on her name alone...
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2017, 01:47 AM   #37382
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6791

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
So just register the car on a parent and give full rights to it to the child
I know even people who do it here because the parent has better rating and will pay less insurance.
Many people do it in Poland. Or, as I said, two owners of the car: the parent and the child. If I am not wrong, it doesn't matter what is the share of each of them, it can even be so that the parent possesses 1% of the car and the child 99%, they are just treated as co-owners and while the child gets some price increase (with respect to the basic fare) because of the young age and lack of experience, it can also use the discounts of the parent (for the experience behind the wheel, and, if possible, for collision-less driving).

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
If you have an accident, they'll know...
Then you can say you just borrowed the car...

In Poland, the insurance policies often have a point telling whether the car will be used by a young driver or not. If you tell not - by law it's not forbidden that a young driver uses such a car, but in case of an accident caused by him, there might be problems.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 12:04 PM   #37383
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19422

Winter has arrived in the north. Down to -25 in northern Finland.

ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 07:26 PM   #37384
Kpc21

And I have contact with some people in Sweden and Norway who are telling it's 10 degrees there
Old November 1st, 2017, 08:18 PM   #37385
riiga

Likes (Received): 126

Yeah, today was 10 degress, quite comfy. Yesterday was 1-2 degrees and windy, frost on the car in the morning, etc.
riiga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 09:19 PM   #37386
MattiG

Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpc21 View Post
And I have contact with some people in Sweden and Norway who are telling it's 10 degrees there
The coming night is cold but a warm period is approaching. Forecast for South Finland shows +7-8 degrees in the weekend. Above average in November.
MattiG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 09:45 PM   #37387
Kpc21

Quote:
Originally Posted by riiga View Post
Yeah, today was 10 degress, quite comfy. Yesterday was 1-2 degrees and windy, frost on the car in the morning, etc.
Ah, so just same as in Poland.

Although after a longer time spent on a graveyard (I wonder if this - graveyards on 1st November full of people putting candles and flowers on family graves, meeting relatives there, sometimes praying for the souls of the dead - is really a Poland-specific thing, or is it a thing in other countries too) it was quite cold to me. Even though I wore a winter jacket.
Old November 1st, 2017, 10:14 PM   #37388
MichiH

Likes (Received): 2083

Quote:
(I wonder if this - graveyards on 1st November full of people putting candles and flowers on family graves, meeting relatives there, sometimes praying for the souls of the dead - is really a Poland-specific thing, or is it a thing in other countries too)
yep, in Catholic regions of Germany like southern Germany. We had a holiday for this reason today.

Which new motorways are currently under construction?
Which new motorways will be opened next?

See 'New motorway projects' thread

** Please help completing and updating of the list **

Been/driven: A, AND, B, CDN, CH, CZ, D, DK, E, EST, F, FIN, FL, GB, H, I, L, LV, LT, N, NL, P, PL, RO, S, SLO, USA (My cumulative travel mapping)

Kpc21 liked this post
MichiH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 10:54 PM   #37389
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Same here...

Kpc21 liked this post
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2017, 11:20 PM   #37390
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2122

Quote:
Ah, so just same as in Poland.

Although after a longer time spent on a graveyard (I wonder if this - graveyards on 1st November full of people putting candles and flowers on family graves, meeting relatives there, sometimes praying for the souls of the dead - is really a Poland-specific thing, or is it a thing in other countries too) it was quite cold to me. Even though I wore a winter jacket.
Same in Italy, especially among elderly people.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 12:45 AM   #37391
Kpc21

In Poland it's whole families, no matter whether elderly or young

Then in the evening...

(probably a military grave)

But during the day:

Plus traffic jams, parking problems and changes of the traffic organization (closed or temporarily one-way streets next to graveyards because of a big number of people, temporary extra parking places and sidewalks blocked by stands selling flowers and candles).

Penn's Woods liked this post
Old November 2nd, 2017, 01:35 AM   #37392
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

How old are people usually when they move out from home with their parents in different countries ? In Scandinavia its as young as 18 years. Here its seen very natural and a duty in life but in Southern Europe its regarded almost insane and raising eye brows. Why is it like that if we exclude family relations and economy.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 01:53 AM   #37393
Kpc21

In Poland it really can vary. Some leave home when they start their studies (e.g. if they are gonna study in another city), or even high school, some stay in the same home as parents forever (either dividing the house into parts, or extending it by adding a new wing or a new level).

I have noticed that in Germany, almost all the students live in dormitories or shared flats, even if their family home is not so far away from the university. In Poland it's not the case. If someone lives 20-30 km from school or closer, he usually stays there for the period of studies.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 09:42 AM   #37394
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1756

Slovak youth uses the "Mama" hotel longest among other European countries.

However I left my home in 23, my wife was 20.

ChrisZwolle, Kpc21 liked this post
volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 11:38 AM   #37395
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
Slovak youth uses the "Mama" hotel longest among other European countries.

However I left my home in 23, my wife was 20.
I was 19, so was my gf. Being economically independent, however, is another story. I was 27 when I could afford to pay for my own apartment.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 11:41 AM   #37396
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
How old are people usually when they move out from home with their parents in different countries ? In Scandinavia its as young as 18 years. Here its seen very natural and a duty in life but in Southern Europe its regarded almost insane and raising eye brows. Why is it like that if we exclude family relations and economy.
If I remember correctly, in Scandinavia you got paid by the government if you leave your home when attending university. Nothing of the sort is happening in Southern Europe, combined with the fact that there is no job for young people (unemployment for people less than 24 is at 35% in Italy, in some regions in the south as high as 60%). It's not just "I want to be with mama because I'm lazy"...
Old November 2nd, 2017, 01:15 PM   #37397
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

We moved together when we were 25 and 24. But the apartment we lived in, was property of my parents. Then 2 years later we moved to Germany.
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 01:29 PM   #37398
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
If I remember correctly, in Scandinavia you got paid by the government if you leave your home when attending university. Nothing of the sort is happening in Southern Europe, combined with the fact that there is no job for young people (unemployment for people less than 24 is at 35% in Italy, in some regions in the south as high as 60%). It's not just "I want to be with mama because I'm lazy"...
Thats true. It is actually one of the biggest decisions to take apart from mariage and profession

What about other places outside Europe ? Anyone residing there ?
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2017, 01:46 PM   #37399
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5408

Me and my girlfriend were 24 when we left home and had to take care of everything ourselves. Lot of my friends did it earlier at 21 or 22. Next step is to build a home. We are currently renting a two room appartment. Getting a 250.000 or 300.000euro loan isnt nothing though so we'll have to think about that carefully.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 02:07 PM   #37400
Kpc21

Quote:
Same in Poland.

Another, also finance-related thing is, in Germany the students in dormitories or shared flats usually live in individual rooms. Here, most of them share the room.

So at the family home you usually are able to have an individual room, in a dormitory or a shared flat - not.

Tags
highways, motorways