daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 4th, 2018, 09:06 PM   #37921
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Ford Mustang V8 pricing in the Netherlands.
net price: € 38,921
VAT: € 8,174
CO2 tax: € 78,545

sale price: € 126,960
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2018, 10:20 PM   #37922
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

How much did you drive in 2017 and at what cost per km (without tolls and rental cars) - if you use some fuel statistic app?
My 2017 statistics for Honda Accord 2.4 gasoline say:
drove 29860 km with an average of 8,12 l/100 km and 0,104 €/km for fuel. With service, repairs and other administrative cost (1590 €) that means average cost of 0,154 € per driven km (year before it was 0,205 €/km because of some expensive repairs)
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2018, 10:24 PM   #37923
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Likes (Received): 13148

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Ford Mustang V8 pricing in the Netherlands.
net price: € 38,921
VAT: € 8,174
CO2 tax: € 78,545

sale price: € 126,960
Do you have an idea what would be the price for the same Mustang in California?
Capt.Vimes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2018, 10:51 PM   #37924
ChrisZwolle
Road user

$ 33,195 MSRP in the United States.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Capt.Vimes liked this post
Old January 4th, 2018, 11:32 PM   #37925
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

Well, I'll be damned! That's quite a difference.
Old January 5th, 2018, 12:02 AM   #37926
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
How much did you drive in 2017 and at what cost per km (without tolls and rental cars) - if you use some fuel statistic app?
drove 29860 km with an average of 8,12 l/100 km and 0,104 €/km for fuel. With service, repairs and other administrative cost (1590 €) that means average cost of 0,154 € per driven km (year before it was 0,205 €/km because of some expensive repairs)
Ford Focus 1.6 TI-VCT 86kW
24732 km
7,216 l/100 km

I don't make statistics of pricing. I had repair and service cca 550€.
Old January 5th, 2018, 02:14 AM   #37927
Festin
Changeable constant

Likes (Received): 1458

So....

How does it look in your countries, are gas stations or rest areas being developed to welcome the electronic cars?

I have personally only seen 3-4 parking slots at different big markets shops and ofc a bigger number at IKEA's in Sweden. Also the Tesla's supercharger at various places. But the latest "talks" is that traditional gas station will start installing chargers, so people can charge their cars and get inside to buy a hot dog or something. This would give more profit than just to sell diesel or petrol.
McDonalds went out big with this kind of talks some years ago but nothing have really changed. At most they may have 1 or 2 parking slots with charger. Most swedish gas stations already offer variuos food and snacks. In some cases they are also used as a 24/7 store.
Old January 5th, 2018, 03:01 AM   #37928
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festin View Post
So....

How does it look in your countries, are gas stations or rest areas being developed to welcome the electronic cars?

I have personally only seen 3-4 parking slots at different big markets shops and ofc a bigger number at IKEA's in Sweden. Also the Tesla's supercharger at various places. But the latest "talks" is that traditional gas station will start installing chargers, so people can charge their cars and get inside to buy a hot dog or something. This would give more profit than just to sell diesel or petrol.
McDonalds went out big with this kind of talks some years ago but nothing have really changed. At most they may have 1 or 2 parking slots with charger. Most swedish gas stations already offer variuos food and snacks. In some cases they are also used as a 24/7 store.
Ah, that method with changing the topic. Yes, it may work. For some time, at least.

Unfortunately, Poland is far from that. A few years ago (in 2015), one local courier company, having a fleet of Nissans Leaf, opened a "electric car charging station" providing... just a standard 230 V wall socket:

A fast charger was open in October 2017 in one of the malls:

Another mall opened a charging station in 2012, but I'm not sure if it still works:

There is also one station at an ABB factory in a neighboring town, Aleksandrów Łódzki:

There are about 800 electric cars registered in Poland. Including 147 Teslas at the end od 2014. There is no official dealership of Tesla in Poland.

From an article about one of Tesla owners in Poland: http://innpoland.pl/123397,kupil-tes...-auta-w-polsce

Quote:
Kupił auto od jednego z polskich posiadaczy. Na Allegro znajdziecie kilka podobnych ofert w cenie od 310 do 590 tys. zł. Po przejechaniu 15 tys. kilometrów okazało się jak trudne jest życie właściciela elektrycznego samochodu w Polsce. Dokładniej, jest „nieracjonalne, emocjonalne, geekowskie”. Dlaczego? Bo wymaga podobnie jak latanie samolotem dokładnego planowania. Bo liczba ładowarek jest w Polsce szczątkowa – kilka w Trójmieście, 1 w Poznaniu, kilka we Wrocławiu, 1 w Łodzi, 1 w Krakowie i 19 w Warszawie. To tak jakby nagle w Polsce zniknęło 99 procent stacji paliw. Trzeba rozważnie planować zasięg, tempo jazdy, a nawet ciężar bagażu. Wozisz ze sobą papiery i laptopa i sprzęt sportowy z weekendowego wypadu? Obciążony samochód szybciej wyczerpie baterie.
Quote:
He bought the car from one of the Polish owners. On Allegro (our local eBay equivalent) you can find a few similar offers in a price of from 310 to 590 thousand zł (about 100 thousand euro). After driving 15 thousand kilometers, it turn out how difficult is the life of an electric car owner in Poland. Specifically, it's „irrational, emotional, geeky”. Why? Because it demands, like flying a plane, thorough planning. The number of chargers in Poland is residual – a few in Tri-City, 1 in Poznań, a few in Wrocław, one in Łódź, one in Kraków and 19 in Warsaw. It's as if 99% of gas stations in Poland disappeared. You have to plan cautiously the range, the speed and even the weight of the luggage. You take with you some papers, a laptop and sports equipment from the last weekend? A loaded car will drain the battery quicker".
And his quote:

Quote:
Na trasie którą pokonuję regularnie z Poznania do Warszawy ciągle nie ma Superchargera, który pozwoliłby mi przez 15 minut doładować się i nie troszczyć się o zużycie energii, dlatego trzeba jechać bardzo rozważnie, a samochód zużywa niemal cały dostępny w baterii zapas prądu. Aby wrócić do Poznania, muszę po wjechaniu do Warszawy, znaleźć jeden z 19 ustawionych przez RWE słupków i podpiąć do niego samochód na niemal 5 godzin.
Quote:
On the route I drive regularly: from Poznań to Warsaw, there is still no Supercharger, which would let me charge up in 15 minutes and don't take care about the energy usage, so I must drive very cautiously and the car uses up almost the whole energy reserve available in the battery. To go back to Poznań, after entering Warsaw, I must find one of the 19 poles installed by RWE (the energy supply company operating in Warsaw) and plug my car in for nearly 5 hours.
But he is anyway happy with his Tesla

However, while the situation with individual cars is as it is, many Polish cities buy electric buses. Kraków has some, Warsaw has some too. Also some small towns go for them. It's becoming really a thing in Poland.

And our bus producers (Solaris, AMZ/Ursus, Autosan) are leaders on the European bus market in terms of electromobility.

By the way... I researched it in more detail and it turns out there is more charging stations in Łódź:

Many of them are just 230 V (or, in the best case, three-phase 400 V) power outlets, but there are also some fast chargers, not only the two I mentioned above. One opened recently, just after the Christmas

Last edited by Kpc21; January 5th, 2018 at 03:17 AM.
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 10:39 AM   #37929
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
I use spritmonitor.de for recording all my car-related expenses.

2013 Ford Focus, 1.6 diesel, 115 hp, statistics for 2017:
29.651 km
1.685 l
5,68 l/100 km on average
0,0642 €/km for fuel
0,12 €/km in total if I include all servicing, new set of tyres, insurance, tolls, taxes etc
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2018, 07:17 PM   #37930
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

makaveli6 liked this post
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 12:37 AM   #37931
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

The roadside rest area

What is the most Odd car vandalism you have had? At some point someone took the signaling light from my car. The small ones on the front doors. Another time they stole my wiper blades. Lol.

Speaking about wiper blades, did some of you ever try to buy refill rubber instead of buying a whole new set of blades ? How is the quality? Was it from eBay and were they noisy??

I am having Bosch aero twin right now but a replacement is due soon.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 10:39 AM   #37932
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post
What is the most Odd car vandalism you have had? At some point someone took the signaling light from my car. The small ones on the front doors. Another time they stole my wiper blades. Lol.

Speaking about wiper blades, did some of you ever try to buy refill rubber instead of buying a whole new set of blades ? How is the quality? Was it from eBay and were they noisy??

The only time I got my car vandalized was in 2013, they used a crowbar to force the door open and stole a handheld gps, my sunglasses and the car's documents. Since it was 14 february, they left me a romantic gift on the driver's seat: a Pocket Coffee little chocolate.
When I told the story to the mechanic he couldn't stop laughing, and every time I come back he says "Chocolate guy!"
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 11:15 AM   #37933
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

I have noticed that I am missing the shell of the rear wiper. It probably wasn't vandalism, but thing from automatized car washing service.

I had only few scratches with keys, and some deeper scratch since 3 years, but i think it is from idiot who was parked beside me (it was at my holidays).
Old January 6th, 2018, 11:38 AM   #37934
bogdymol
bogdymod

Few years ago, one winter evening I came home with my mom’s car. There were no more available parkings spaces in front of the flat where I lived, so I parked in front of the next one (free parking available for anybody). Next morning I found one windscreen wiper badly bended, the other one missing and a big chunk of ice put on top of the hood. I have no ideea what happened or who did that.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 12:17 PM   #37935
Capt.Vimes
Да живее България!

I had my rear left window broken with a stone and somebody had entered the car through the rear door and messed in my trunk. Nothing was missing.
Old January 6th, 2018, 01:01 PM   #37936
Highway89

Likes (Received): 1182

I had the left rearview mirror stolen from my old motorbike. Thankfully I had the mirrors of my uncle's former motorbike (same brand), so I didn't need to buy new ones.

Also, I had the front left side of my car damaged. I think it was a white van
which tried to park in front. The bumper and the headlight were broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfd543 View Post

Is it even worthwile? I always buy a set of VALEO blades after every summer at Oscaro and it costs me less than €20.
Highway89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 01:10 PM   #37937
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Wiper blades are fairly cheap, you can get them for a few euros and even the higher quality wiper blades with a spoiler are usually not more than € 20 for a set of two.
Old January 6th, 2018, 01:59 PM   #37938
Kpc21

Likes (Received): 6779

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Few years ago, one winter evening I came home with my mom’s car. There were no more available parkings spaces in front of the flat where I lived, so I parked in front of the next one (free parking available for anybody). Next morning I found one windscreen wiper badly bended, the other one missing and a big chunk of ice put on top of the hood. I have no ideea what happened or who did that.
Probably someone from the next building, in front of which that parking place was located, claimed it's "his" parking place...
Kpc21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 02:05 PM   #37939
tfd543

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway89 View Post
I had the left rearview mirror stolen from my old motorbike. Thankfully I had the mirrors of my uncle's former motorbike (same brand), so I didn't need to buy new ones.

Also, I had the front left side of my car damaged. I think it was a white van

which tried to park in front. The bumper and the headlight were broken.

Is it even worthwile? I always buy a set of VALEO blades after every summer at Oscaro and it costs me less than €20.

The rubber itself is very cheap in ebay. Its a set of 8 rubber pieces.
tfd543 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 03:32 PM   #37940
MattiG

Likes (Received): 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Wiper blades are fairly cheap, you can get them for a few euros and even the higher quality wiper blades with a spoiler are usually not more than € 20 for a set of two.
The last I have bought the rubber parts to the wipers as separate items was in 1980's. I owned a Fiat Uno vintage 1984. That car had headlamp wipers. Spare blades of that size were not available at a reasonable price, and I had to change the rubber, which was damaged.
MattiG está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways