daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 20th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #4001
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #4002
gramercy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 799

whats amazing is that he didnt mention the Struma in all that tirade
gramercy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:29 PM   #4003
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Slovenia is a partly Alpine country, and the music coming from the Alpine part of Slovenia, isn't fake-Alpine, but Alpine. This is the most-played song in the world, if someone didn't know (even if you first hear it, which I wouldn't be surprised). I don't know which channels you got, but we certainly listen to foreign music, though local channels mostly play Slovenian music, which is usually crap IMHO.

Oh, and I have heard of Madonna.

PS: what's this gotta do with highways anyway?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #4004
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Slovenia is a partly Alpine country, and the music coming from the Alpine part of Slovenia, isn't fake-Alpine, but Alpine. This is the most-played song in the world, if someone didn't know (even if you first hear it, which I wouldn't be surprised). I don't know which channels you got, but we certainly listen to foreign music, though local channels mostly play Slovenian music, which is usually crap IMHO.

Oh, and I have heard of Madonna.

PS: what's this gotta do with highways anyway?
Verso, why do the local stations play Slovenian music, how does it come that in all other countries foreign music is played, Pop charts are played, even electronic music is played but in Slovenia only homemusic is played?

I know this Alpine track, have heart it often. But when I am going through Ljubliana which is an EU capital, I donīt want to hear patriotic Alps stuff in the radio, I want to hear international music or electronic music, I guess even Albania plays more international music then Slovenia.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:39 PM   #4005
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

And by international you mean only music from english speaking countries, right?

Next time just use your mp3 player when you travel thru Slovenia.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:43 PM   #4006
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijanec View Post
And by international you mean only music from english speaking countries, right?

Next time just use your mp3 player when you travel thru Slovenia.
Itīs not about my mp3 player, itīs about Slovenia being a very patriotic country.
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:47 PM   #4007
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
Verso, why do the local stations play Slovenian music, how does it come that in all other countries foreign music is played, Pop charts are played, even electronic music is played but in Slovenia only homemusic is played?

I know this Alpine track, have heart it often. But when I am going through Ljubliana which is an EU capital, I donīt want to hear patriotic Alps stuff in the radio, I want to hear international music or electronic music, I guess even Albania plays more international music then Slovenia.
did you ever ask yourself maybe people like slovenian music that is why they are playing it?
And what is so progressive in "international" music? And international music is music in English?

It would be nice for a change to actually answer a question.
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #4008
Radish2

Ban.BL, I have no problems with that, but it just shows that Slovenia is very patriotic and doesnīt to play foreign music. To be honest I canīt really imagine that the normal Slovenian knows as much about international music as someone from other countries in europe, because the normal Slovenian listens to the Slovenian radios and doesnīt often hear international music. I listen to music that is not played in the radio at all, but you grow with the music the radio plays usually, and if only Slovenian music is played people wont have much interest in foreign music.
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #4009
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Local radio stations in Slovenia for some reason play way too much Slovenian music, but I don't mean original Slovenian (Alpine) music (which is quality and cheerful IMO, although I don't listen to it), I mean music, which is usually crap. In Ljubljana, you can listen to a lot of foreign music, although not many radio stations are specialized in particular music, which makes it a bad choice to listen, as you have to change stations all the time. I don't know how you only stumbled upon Slovenian music around Ljubljana.

And here is another beautiful Alpine song, titled Slovenia, where do your beauties come from? (I dress like that when I go to Ljubljana downtown )
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #4010
pijanec

@Radish2: Be sure that our youngsters are not really radio fans.
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #4011
Radish2

The new Bypass motorway passes Ljubliana in a big distance I guess, I didnīt get many channels there, the only clear channel was radio Slovenia, a few other channels also, but mostly Slovenian music.
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #4012
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

Quote:
The new Bypass motorway passes Ljubliana in a big distance I guess
Yes, it's also called the Trieste bypass
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #4013
Ban.BL
BANNED

Quote:
Ban.BL, I have no problems with that, but it just shows that Slovenia is very patriotic and doesnīt to play foreign music. To be honest I canīt really imagine that the normal Slovenian knows as much about international music as someone from other countries in europe, because the normal Slovenian listens to the Slovenian radios and doesnīt often hear international music. I listen to music that is not played in the radio at all, but you grow with the music the radio plays usually, and if only Slovenian music is played people wont have much interest in foreign music.
is that bad thing? And by foreign you mean English? Coz i know that in Slovenia they listen foreign music from Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia.
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #4014
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban.BL View Post
is that bad thing? And by foreign you mean English? Coz i know that in Slovenia they listen foreign music from Croatia, Bosnia and Serbia.
Yes, it is a bad thing. In most countries of europe the children grow with international (English) music and become more openminded. A country with radio that only plays homemusic, maybe in Ljubljana not, but that is only the capital, I guess the cildren wont become as openminded but become big patriots and we all know that much patriotysm isnīt good.
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #4015
Ban.BL
BANNED

that is so stupid way of thinking, listening ENGLISH music makes you open minded!
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #4016
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Yes, it is a bad thing. In most countries of europe the children grow with international (English) music and become more openminded. A country with radio that only plays homemusic, maybe in Ljubljana not, but that is only the capital, I guess the cildren wont become as openminded but become big patriots and we all know that much patriotysm isnīt good.
Yes of course, obviously, we can see that you are very open-minded about patriotism and domestic music...

If people care about their nation and such I think it is a good thing. As a visitor I think it is even a plus in many ways, when you go to Slovenia to see it, you want to experience things Slovenian.

Naturally, there is good music of all kinds of languages and origin, but I dont see the point of playing foreign music just for the sake of it being foreign. Nor is it a reason that other countries have a certain phenomena going on, not all nations are the same. They may play foreign music as they see fit, and likewise reject music as they wish.

Other than that I do think you have taken some undeserved criticism for stating some opinions in the highway and motorways section .

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]

Last edited by Alle; April 21st, 2009 at 12:01 AM.
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #4017
pijanec

I don't understand relationship between listening English music and being open-minded.
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:49 PM   #4018
Radish2

Quote:
I don't understand relationship between listening English music and being open-minded.
I donīt wonder why at all, because you seem to not have enough intellect to get it. If a country for example Serbia would play only Serbian music on all radiochannels, wouldnīt that show that the people are very patriotic and not very openminded for foreign things?
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:52 PM   #4019
pijanec

So only listening English music - and not German, French or Croatian music - makes you open-minded?
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #4020
Radish2

Quote:
So only listening English music - and not German, French or Croatian music - makes you open-minded?
No, but only listening the music with native languace is definatly not openminded, especially if they translate tracks and play original tracks from Pop artists in Slovenian languace.

Tags
highways, motorways