daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 20th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #4021
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

Why would we translate music? We don't translate (dub) foreign TV shows or movies. Not even in cinemas.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:58 PM   #4022
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
No, but only listening the music with native languace is definatly not openminded, especially if they translate tracks and play original tracks from Pop artists in Slovenian languace.
This is the motorway section, but anyhow. It would only show that foreign music is not very popular there and has little to do with the open-mindedness of the nation as such. Beside, how was it now again; did not listening to foreign music make you less open minded, or did not listening to foreign music indicate that people are less open minded?

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 11:58 PM   #4023
E.L. SLOVENIA

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
I don´t wonder why at all, because you seem to not have enough intellect to get it. If a country for example Serbia would play only Serbian music on all radiochannels, wouldn´t that show that the people are very patriotic and not very openminded for foreign things?
And why is wrong to be patriotic if there are only cca 2.300.000 Slovenes in the whole world and Slovenia is only 18 years independant? How can you judge people only by driving through their county?
E.L. SLOVENIA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:05 AM   #4024
Alle

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.L. SLOVENIA View Post
And why is wrong to be patriotic if there are only cca 2.300.000 Slovenes in the whole world and Slovenia is only 18 years independant? How can you judge people only by driving through their county?
I think it encourages responsibility.

Old April 21st, 2009, 12:09 AM   #4025
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alle View Post
It would only show that foreign music is not very popular there
Just for the record: foreign (English, American, ex-Yugoslav ...) music IS popular in Slovenia, maybe a bit less outside Ljubljana, but local radio stations play way too much Slovenian music, so don't judge the country from them. I personally don't listen radio much.

I think listening different music is open-minded, but this thread is about highways, so let's stick to that.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:14 AM   #4026
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Just for the record: foreign (English, American, ex-Yugoslav ...) music IS popular in Slovenia, maybe a bit less outside Ljubljana, but local radio stations play way too much Slovenian music, so don't judge the country from them. I personally don't listen radio much.

I think listening different music is open-minded, but this thread is about highways, so let's stick to that.
then I am happy and am looking foword to go through the highest quality Slovenian motorways next time again!
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:14 AM   #4027
Alle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
I was not actually making any assumptions as to the validity of Radi's impressions and the conclusions drawn therefrom. Rather I was writing about what it 'would' show directly, anywhere, and insinuating that such broad conclusions do not feel sensible to draw from that .

There may be some kind of connection to the way of Radi's speculation here, but then there is bad foreign music also. Further, again, I feel it goes too far when conclusions about open mindedness, patriotism etc are drawn from this lone factor (he even talked about racism, oh my, what in the world, it is considered to be claiming rights over other ethnicities to play music in your own language? I did not know it was considered a right which you can demand, to have your music or other such production played in another nation).

But you are correct, with the risk of this turning into a musicsociological topic, if such a term has even been used before, lets end this.

How are the Slovenian parts of the Pan-European corridors progressing?

Last edited by Alle; April 21st, 2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:20 AM   #4028
dubart
HAL9001

Likes (Received): 158

Radi wasn't driving thru Slovenia for days and days to be surprised. I guess it was just a coincidence. Whenever I drive to Zagreb, I stumble upon Slo radio stations, and they're no different than Cro ones at all... And if he heard an exYu song, how would he tell the difference?
dubart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:22 AM   #4029
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubart View Post
Radi wasn't driving thru Slovenia for days and days to be surprised. I guess it was just a coincidence. Whenever I drive to Zagreb, I stumble upon Slo radio stations, and they're no different than Cro ones at all...
Who says that Croats aren´t patriots and play mostly homemusic?
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:24 AM   #4030
dubart
HAL9001

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
Who says that Croats aren´t patriots and play mostly homemusic?
You did. A couple of posts ago
dubart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:29 AM   #4031
Radish2

I found a channel with ok music, but I know that Croatian radio plays lots of homemusic, which is not very good.
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:35 AM   #4032
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1795

edit

Last edited by SpicyMcHaggis; July 27th, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:43 AM   #4033
Alle

Quote:
I found a channel with ok music, but I know that Croatian radio plays lots of homemusic, which is not very good.
Croatian radio stations playing Croatian music, how horrible, no, unimaginable, who could guess such a thing .

In comparisson, how much non-english music do you hear on the radio stations in England or the US? I am sure there are many people who listen to different kinds of music from more or less everywhere, but why would it be played on major radio stations.

Old April 21st, 2009, 12:48 AM   #4034
Radish2

First of all unlike such tiny Balkan ""Adria Alpe"" laungaces English is an international languace and second of all it´s not about languace but about music. Because all countries in europe have several channels that play the Pop charts up and down, the music that is playing on Krone Hit for example, altough I listen mostly to Goa Trance and Ambient Pop music is very nice for travelling, in Slovenia I didn´t find even one channel that plays such music, nor did I in Croatia. International music doesn´t have to be in English exclusively, for example Arash is good Pop music, but his songs aren´t often in English.
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:50 AM   #4035
bojc

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Sorry, but the Alps music is invented by the German speaking countries, slovenia shoulnd´t pretend to be an Alps country because it isn´t! Because a few Alps peaks are here and there doesn´t mean Slovenia is an Alps state!
How do you come to such conclusions? You seem not to know history and geography of the Alps very well?

Almost whole eastern part of Eastern Alps is of Slovene heritage... from East Tirol to parts of Salzburg, whole Carinthia and Styria... Slovenia is just a part of Slovene ethnic territory. You can still see thousands of place, river, lake and mountain names that were absorbed into Austrian German from Slovene (in many parts they make up the majority of those names). To stay a bit on topic for example Tauernautobahn comes from Tauern which comes from Ture and Pyhrnautobahn comes from Pyhrn mountain pass which comes from Slovene word Brdine.
bojc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:51 AM   #4036
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1795

edit

Last edited by SpicyMcHaggis; July 27th, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:52 AM   #4037
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

if Slovenians and Croats are nationalists according to music on air, what are Italians?! ultranazis?!
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:56 AM   #4038
Radish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
if Slovenians and Croats are nationalists according to music on air, what are Italians?! ultranazis?!
In italy only Italian music is played?
Old April 21st, 2009, 12:58 AM   #4039
Alle

Quote:
First of all unlike such tiny Balkan ""Adria Alpe"" laungaces English is an international languace and second of all it´s not about languace but about music. Because all countries in europe have several channels that play the Pop charts up and down, the music that is playing on Krone Hit for example, altough I listen mostly to Goa Trance and Ambient Pop music is very nice for travelling, in Slovenia I didn´t find even one channel that plays such music, nor did I in Croatia. International music doesn´t have to be in English exclusively, for example Arash is good Pop music, but his songs aren´t often in English.
I have a suggestion then, get their music and play them yourself. It is not illegal neither in Croatia nor Slovenia to express such things .

Anyhow, about the other points, so the Adriatic Alps are not alps? Well call them what you want but they have played an important role for a very long time.

Bojc:

In places you can see the other way around as well. After the collapse of the Roman Empire the Germanic populations moved and many Slavic speaking settlements were founded in those places in that time.

Last edited by Alle; April 21st, 2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:05 AM   #4040
bojc

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alle View Post
In places you can see the other way around as well. After the collapse of the Roman Empire the German populations moved and many Slavic speaking settlements were founded in those places in that time.
Germanic, but not German. And left the region unpopulated and without place name substratum. So it is a bit different case.
bojc no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways