daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2009, 01:07 AM   #4041
dubart
HAL9001

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
if Slovenians and Croats are nationalists according to music on air, what are Italians?! ultranazis?!
Has he ever been there? Oh, Radi - it's language.
dubart no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:08 AM   #4042
SpicyMcHaggis

Likes (Received): 1795

edit

Last edited by SpicyMcHaggis; July 27th, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:09 AM   #4043
ivan_ri
rekreativac

Likes (Received): 220

radi you managed to make me laugh

btw there are radio stations in croatia which play strictly croatian music and other which play strictly foreign music. I assume you didn't bother to look for more than one station in both countries
perhaps you should buy some sort of ultra modern shiny cd/radio player for you vehicle, which will constntly search for non slavic music

ivan_ri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:10 AM   #4044
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojc View Post
Germanic, but not German. And left the region unpopulated and without place name substratum. So it is a bit different case.
You are correct, I changed it. However in the same way I as i should have made sure to write Germanic, i wrote Slavic speaking, in the linguistic sense, because it most certainly would have incorporated people who did not originally speak a Slavic language. I think it is good to be aware and care for such heritage, but also have a sense of practicality .

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:12 AM   #4045
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alle View Post
I have a suggestion then, get their music and play them yourself. It is not illegal neither in Croatia nor Slovenia to express such things .

Anyhow, about the other points, so the Adriatic Alps are not alps? Well call them what you want but they have played an important role for a very long time.

Bojc:

In places you can see the other way around as well. After the collapse of the Roman Empire the German populations moved and many Slavic speaking settlements were founded in those places in that time.
The adriatic Alps are Alps but I think Slovenia should stick to the warmer mentallity and donīt try to look like Austria and Germany which are more north and without the great feelings you have in the south. After the Karavanke tunnel in Jesenice the Alps donīt look that harsh because everything feels warmer, the slovenian alps look more like some Bulgarian mountains then like the real Alps because Slovenia is more south then Austria and Germany and Swizerland, but it seems they want it to be Austria with all the alps music etc, canīt they appreciate their mountains without using the Austrian and Swizz traditions?
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:15 AM   #4046
SpicyMcHaggis

edit

Last edited by SpicyMcHaggis; July 27th, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:17 AM   #4047
Alle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish2 View Post
The adriatic Alps are Alps but I think Slovenia should stick to the warmer mentallity and donīt try to look like Austria and Germany which are more north and without the great feelings you have in the south. After the Karavanke tunnel in Jesenice the Alps donīt look that harsh because everything feels warmer, the slovenian alps look more like some Bulgarian mountains then like the real Alps because Slovenia is more south then Austria and Germany and Swizerland, but it seems they want it to be Austria with all the alps music etc, canīt they appreciate their mountains without using the Austrian and Swizz traditions?
Still, they are Alps, but yet not real Alps. Well, obviously they are not the Austrian or Swiss Alps. Anyhow, as far as the music there, maybe there are simply reasons that it is eminent in Slovenia as well. In that it is not only confined to Austria and Switzerland.

I am not a Polka expert and where and how it has developed, but I do not see why it would not have been used in Slovenia as well. Further with Slovenes arriving there, as well as other Slavic speaking tribes, indigenous peoples were absorbed into those nations.

Old April 21st, 2009, 01:19 AM   #4048
SpicyMcHaggis

edit

Last edited by SpicyMcHaggis; July 27th, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:20 AM   #4049
bojc

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
You are correct, I changed it. However in the same way I as i should have made sure to write Germanic, i wrote Slavic speaking, in the linguistic sense, because it most certainly would have incorporated people who did not originally speak a Slavic language. I think it is good to be aware and care for such heritage, but also have a sense of practicality .
Yes, you are right, it is never just black and white.

Quote:
"Austrian" and "Slovenian" traditions are connected since thousand years. Besides Alpine music has a "warm feeling" in my opinion.

Last edited by bojc; April 21st, 2009 at 01:30 AM.
bojc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:28 AM   #4050
Ban.BL
BANNED

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
First of all unlike such tiny Balkan ""Adria Alpe"" laungaces English is an international languace and second of all itīs not about languace but about music. Because all countries in europe have several channels that play the Pop charts up and down, the music that is playing on Krone Hit for example, altough I listen mostly to Goa Trance and Ambient Pop music is very nice for travelling, in Slovenia I didnīt find even one channel that plays such music, nor did I in Croatia. International music doesnīt have to be in English exclusively, for example Arash is good Pop music, but his songs arenīt often in English.
Austria has almost none radio station which play Austrian music. So Krone Hit is not exception it is the rule.
Are people from England close-minded if they listen only English music?
Ban.BL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:36 AM   #4051
Radish2

What bullshit are you trying to tell me Ban.BL, The UK or the USa canīt do a thing that English is an international languace, are you trying to say they shouldnīt play the Pop charts like Nelly fortade, Timberland, Madonna, Beyonce, etc etc just because itīs English. The music is made to be heart from all parts of the world, itīs not some oh how beautiful our Slovenian/Croatian girls are, oh how clean and fresh our sacred waters are, etc.
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:41 AM   #4052
Alle

Quote:
What bullshit are you trying to tell me Ban.BL, The UK or the USa canīt do a thing that English is an international languace, are you trying to say they shouldnīt play the Pop charts like Nelly fortade, Timberland, Madonna, Beyonce, etc etc just because itīs English. The music is made to be heart from all parts of the world, itīs not some oh how beautiful our Slovenian/Croatian girls are, oh how clean and fresh our sacred waters are, etc.
You are correct, they are not. As I said, why play foreign music just for the sake of it being foreign? If you listen to much of "mainstream" music, it in fact, as you said, doesnt sing about clean and fresh water or beautiful human ideals. Rather much of it is filled with nonsensical trash, so no wonder it is not played. (no, that does not mean you have to sing about the aforementioned or be like it to be good music, but some music is just outright trash)

Still, the bigger issue is, that there are like in any nation a wide variety of people who listen to different music from different nations. But the market for a single type of foreign music may not be large enough to sustain as many radio stations as the domestic music . There is so much music out there, with much of it not being widely listened to and much being so spread out so it is not always possible to base a radio station mainly on playing that. At the same time domestic music will be largelly most popular in the nation of its origin.

You are talking as if this is not the case in the US, UK etc. But this is not true. There is in a way several americas, in plural. Being in different parts of the US you will hear their local music as well. Even if in the US it is not only as strictly geographically linked (then there are national broadcasters and media as well, but so are there large international media in Europe which may be less locally focused).

Maybe you can find more specialized stations of a broader range of musical types in other nations, but that may have to do more with their size and population, meaning that the market overall is larger.

Last edited by Alle; April 21st, 2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:53 AM   #4053
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Radi, you should listen to what our national hero Kekec says - Good mood is the best.

Go, Kekec! :P

Last edited by Verso; April 21st, 2009 at 02:01 AM.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:55 AM   #4054
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan_ri View Post
I assume you didn't bother to look for more than one station in both countries
This is hard in Slovenia because of our small size. By the time you change radio station you are in another country.
pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 01:58 AM   #4055
SpicyMcHaggis

edit

Old April 21st, 2009, 02:00 AM   #4056
Radish2

Quote:
You are correct, they are not. As I said, why play foreign music just for the sake of it being foreign? If you listen to much of "mainstream" music, it in fact, as you said, doesnt sing about clean and fresh water or beautiful human ideals. Rather much of it is filled with nonsensical trash, so no wonder it is not played.

Still, the bigger issue is, that there are like in any nation a wide variety of people who listen to different music from different nations. But the market for a single type of foreign music may not be large enough to sustain as many radio stations as the domestic music . There is so much music out there, with much of it not being widely listened to and much being so spread out so it is not always possible to base a radio station mainly on playing that. At the same time domestic music will be largelly most popular in the nation of its origin.

You are talking as if this is not the case in the US, UK etc. But this is not true. There is in a way several americas, in plural. Being in different parts of the US you will hear their local music as well. Even if in the US it is not only as strictly geographically linked (then there are national broadcasters and media as well, but so are there large international media in Europe which may be less locally focused).

Maybe you can find more specialized stations of a broader range of musical types in other nations, but that may have to do more with their size and population, meaning that the market overall is larger.
OMG, bullshit. It has nothing to do with size man, why do Macedonian radio stations play electronic music and Pop music, do you know why? Because they want to be cool, they want to be european, openminded, and macedonia is a small country. But it seems slovenian radio stations try to force Slovenians to think they and their music is the best and to not be openminded and cool, but to be extremly conservative.

SpicyMcHaggis, I would just turn off the sound and watch the great girls.
Old April 21st, 2009, 02:02 AM   #4057
SpicyMcHaggis

edit

Old April 21st, 2009, 02:03 AM   #4058
pijanec

Likes (Received): 6

pijanec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 02:14 AM   #4059
banjabuja

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
OMG, bullshit. It has nothing to do with size man, why do Macedonian radio stations play electronic music and Pop music, do you know why? Because they want to be cool, they want to be european, openminded, and macedonia is a small country. But it seems slovenian radio stations try to force Slovenians to think they and their music is the best and to not be openminded and cool, but to be extremly conservative.
Radi, radio stations around europe play music that their audience would enjoy.
For example in ukraine they play more russian music towards the East, and more English music towards the West because that is what the PEOPLE like.
Macedonians prefer techno and pop music.
I have driven through Slovenia many numerous times and if you switch radio stations you get English Music, and what is wrong with "Alpine" music if Slovenes like it?
Yes Italians must be uber musicnazis playing only Italian Music
banjabuja no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2009, 02:17 AM   #4060
Radish2

You get English music yes, but itīs like 1 English song, followed by 4 Slovenian tracks.

Tags
highways, motorways