daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 7th, 2008, 09:39 PM   #521
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Likes (Received): 10

x-type you're correct... i haven't even thought about greece... absolutely none seen by me in croatia... like they aren't going north anywhere

btw... there is a nice amount of brand new cars registered to Vanuatu... avoiding tax or something...
but license plate is pretty awesome... black plate with four numbers and on left and right side are palm trees
it's only strange to see a croatian man exiting a car that suppose to be thousands of kilometers away

Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #522
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZG View Post
x-type you're correct... i haven't even thought about greece... absolutely none seen by me in croatia... like they aren't going north anywhere

btw... there is a nice amount of brand new cars registered to Vanuatu... avoiding tax or something...
but license plate is pretty awesome... black plate with four numbers and on left and right side are palm trees
it's only strange to see a croatian man exiting a car that suppose to be thousands of kilometers away
i have seen them, but really rarely (what is weird when we cinsider about A3/E70 as one of main routes that connect Greece with rest of Europe).

about those really exotic - i don't pay attention on them anymore because most of them are not originally from those countries, but owned by local ppl avoiding high taxes
Old October 7th, 2008, 10:59 PM   #523
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Guys, you don't pay attention to license plates. I see plenty of odd plates. From Moldova, Belarus or Georgia, to Greece, Montenegro or Albania, and even Malta and Iceland.

PS: Hi!
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #524
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19376

Where have you been?
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #525
Verso
Islander

Ask my PC. Destroyed graphic card, charger and whatnot. Why can't I post with my mobile?
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #526
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

hehe man, good to see you back i knew something was missing in this subforum

coincidence... my graphic card also died a month ago, and now i'm temporary using a Riva TNT 16Mb lol

but not for long... in five days i'll be going to the store and buy myself a beast GTX hehe...
Old October 10th, 2008, 12:53 PM   #527
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2262

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJZG View Post
in five days i'll be going to the store and buy myself a beast GTX hehe...
Lucky you! For now I have ATI Radeon X1300, maybe I should start collecting cash for the GeForce GTX 280 and buy it till 18. November, because that should do it, if I want to run GTA IV on my PC!

Last edited by RipleyLV; October 10th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.
RipleyLV está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #528
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I just drove the A1 motorway in the Netherlands from Apeldoorn to Almelo (about 50km).

Trucks: mostly non-Dutch, like German, Polish, Lithuanian, Estonian, Finnish, Norwegian, Belgian and Czech trucks.
Cars: Mostly Dutch, but there were some Germans.

What I have noticed in the last few months I barely see cars from Poland anymore. I used to see them all the time with seasonal workers. Apparantly, they aren't here anymore, perhaps returned to Poland?
Old October 10th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #529
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Well, the difference in wage between the two countries definately decreased, so it doesn't make that much difference as it used to, I think.
Old October 10th, 2008, 05:41 PM   #530
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
Lucky you! For now I have ATI Radeon X1300, maybe I should start collecting cash for the GeForce GTX 280 and buy it till 18. November, because that should do it, if I want to run GTA IV on my PC!
hehe i wait for GTA too hehe... although i already played it on my friends PS3, but i can't get used to controllers...

btw, some magazines say 200 series isn't that much better than older GTX cards and they suck power like vacuum... friends talked me into buying this GTX+ that came few days ago, much cheaper than GTX and performances are negligible...

@Chris... maybe they bought dutch cars with your plates so you don't recognize them now infiltration starts from buying a new car
Old October 10th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #531
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

I don't care, I stick with XBOX 360 and my HDTV And I can play GTA without any worries about weak graphic cards or processors...
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 11:54 AM   #532
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I saw a truck with strange license plates. Actually they were 2 trucks without a trailer, from the Scania factory in Zwolle, I'm searching where they were from, perhaps Austria, but the plates don't exactly match. I also saw a car from GBJ : the island of Jersey. You don't see those often.

The license plate I can't recognize had about 2 characters on the left, a flag, and about 4 characters on the right. The plate was light blue and the characters where faded light yellow. The flag was a striped flag with white and red (looks Austrian but the colors don't match). It were probably temporary plates. It didn't had a country code on it.

A bit like this Austrian one.
Old October 11th, 2008, 12:04 PM   #533
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

hm... you've describing a flag like austrian but colors don't match?
could be Latvian maybe? their red is somewhat darker and middle white line is a little bit narrower than Austrian...
Old October 11th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #534
ChrisZwolle
Road user

No, the flag was about the same (I don't remember the flag exactly) but the colors of the plates and letters don't match at all.
Old October 11th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #535
DJZG
...rodjen na Balkanu...

hm... only flag that is somewhat similar to austrian could be Lebanon, but they have a green cedar in the middle... other than that i can't be helpful not many information maybe someone else will recongize symbol positions on plates...
Old October 11th, 2008, 01:12 PM   #536
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2262

Maybe this pic of a latvian license plate will help.

Chris is this it?
RipleyLV está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 01:19 PM   #537
ChrisZwolle
Road user

No, definatly not. As I said, the plate's background was faded blue and the letters were faded light yellow. The letter combination seems about right though. It didn't have a country code (like LV or A) in it.
Old October 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM   #538
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post

The license plate I can't recognize had about 2 characters on the left, a flag, and about 4 characters on the right. The plate was light blue and the characters where faded light yellow. The flag was a striped flag with white and red (looks Austrian but the colors don't match). It were probably temporary plates. It didn't had a country code on it.
light blue should be Austrian (i guess temporary), but they have white, not yellow characters
Old October 11th, 2008, 05:31 PM   #539
Verso
Islander

Sth like the one in the upper-right corner?

Check this out:

Ormož?

1. it's in Slovenia, not Croatia;
2. I've never seen such a plate here
Old October 11th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #540
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The color blue seems about right, but the flag was different, as well as the colors of the letters (light yellow). They were driving southbound on the A50 from the Scania factory, so that should rule out anything north of the Netherlands/Germany/Poland.

Tags
highways, motorways