daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 9th, 2009, 01:53 AM   #6521
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

There is some very thick fog here at the moment. I could hardly find my way home (well, there may also be the typical C2H5OH reason )

Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:10 AM   #6522
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Ah fairly warmly where I'm, just nights ARE freezing
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 02:46 AM   #6523
Morsue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
There is some very thick fog here at the moment. I could hardly find my way home (well, there may also be the typical C2H5OH reason )
That's fuel for your car! Just kidding, if you had one, just kidding, which I think you don't, just kidding, but you should, just kidding, the Netherlands is all jammed up so what's the use, just kidding, if everyone thought that way public transport would be jammed, just kidding, it wouldn't because government would spend more on public transport, just kidding, they wouldn't because the Netherlands is so tiny, just kidding, the Netherlands is really big, just kidding, if you compare it to Liechtenstein it is, just kidding, because Liechtenstein has higher mountains, just kidding, those aren't mountains just high plateaus, just kidding, they aren't but I'm just saying that to make you feel better, just kidding, I don't care how you feel, just kidding, I really do, just kidding, I think you should drink beer. Just kidding.
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #6524
Timon91
Error

I'll just cycle
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #6525
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 897

I have 70 odd photos to put on the Portuguese Motorway Thread, but as I am stupid, for me the easiest way to upload photos is to put them on image shack then, from the gallery, individually click on them and take the URL, as the URL's shown on the gallery page do not work. I cannot be bothered to do this. Does anyone know a more time effective way?
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:44 PM   #6526
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Maybe Imageshack uploader? You can upload many pics at one time.

Photobucket is quick unless you have a standard account - thn the bandwidth is exceeded within a few days
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:13 PM   #6527
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLH View Post
Photobucket is quick unless you have a standard account - thn the bandwidth is exceeded within a few days
Depends. I always edit and compress photos to have them only about 100 kB each. That way I never exceeded bandwidth. Also often I upload close to that day in month, when bandwidth counter resets.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM   #6528
Buddy Holly
BANNED

Likes (Received): 120

I have 4 different photobucket accounts that I use. I have to divide my photos into the different account and even then sometimes I exceed my bandwidth.
Buddy Holly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #6529
RawLee

Likes (Received): 1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
There seems to be winter around the corner even for Europe. Who would think that ...
Except for here...it is probable that we wont have snow by Christmas.
RawLee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #6530
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17043

Hmmm , we hadn't had a white Christmas in a long time

On a side note , Niels why did you shop in NYC? LOL , probably in Chinatown or Midtown. I don't shop in NYC , i don't eat in NYC anymore , its too expensive with all the taxes and other sneaky crap. like the sales tax in NY is 7-9% , and NYC has a Clothing Tax, LOL New Jersey Has No Clothing Tax , thus the New Yorkers come here to shop and eat. we have 3% Sales tax in all counties bordering NYC or Philly , and Major populated Counties. Our Gas Tax is lower , thats why you see a stream of New Yorkers head to Jersey City at rush hour , just fill up there tanks Yes i maybe be a New Jersey Nut , but at least i know have to get my bang for my buck. I don't understand why most tourists don't look up these things , its only a NY waterway or PATH trip to the Newport Mall in Jersey City or Hoboken Shopping Disrect

~Corey
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:15 PM   #6531
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

So, I deployed my (fake) Christmas tree. I only decorated it with 200 lights though.

[IMG]http://i49.************/ff022s.jpg[/IMG]
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #6532
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawLee View Post
Except for here...it is probable that we wont have snow by Christmas.
...Hm, the last time we had white christmas in DK. was in ´95.
and the statistics shows about 7 or 8 times ( I don´t exactly remember ) white christmas in the 20th. century. So this is not an everyday event
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM   #6533
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Chris it looks loney in your house makes me want to
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:50 PM   #6534
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I only decorated it with 200 lights though.
You should really visit IKEA, like I did a few years ago:

Now it is happily growing in my garden
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #6535
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis View Post
Hmmm , we hadn't had a white Christmas in a long time

On a side note , Niels why did you shop in NYC? LOL , probably in Chinatown or Midtown. I don't shop in NYC , i don't eat in NYC anymore , its too expensive with all the taxes and other sneaky crap. like the sales tax in NY is 7-9% , and NYC has a Clothing Tax, LOL New Jersey Has No Clothing Tax , thus the New Yorkers come here to shop and eat. we have 3% Sales tax in all counties bordering NYC or Philly , and Major populated Counties. Our Gas Tax is lower , thats why you see a stream of New Yorkers head to Jersey City at rush hour , just fill up there tanks Yes i maybe be a New Jersey Nut , but at least i know have to get my bang for my buck. I don't understand why most tourists don't look up these things , its only a NY waterway or PATH trip to the Newport Mall in Jersey City or Hoboken Shopping Disrect

~Corey
Portugal has a 21%VAT tax... 19% for some things.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:34 PM   #6536
ChrisZwolle
Road user

That 7% is only the state level sales tax. Counties and municipalities can add additional taxes. In New Jersey, gasoline is not subject to sales tax, but it is to excise tax.
Old December 10th, 2009, 10:53 PM   #6537
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Damn, I think my neighbors need to buy new home inventory and new dishware every week. They are fighting so often, just tonight it went on for minutes of yelling and breaking stuff, slamming with doors, cursing, etc.
Old December 10th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #6538
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

So how much tax is in average at the end?
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #6539
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Its low here , but New Jersey has the highest property tax in the US, which i don't understand. I usually shop in the UEZ which has the lowest taxes for everything, i usually shop in Historic Downtown or Newport in Jersey City , the other day i bought a great pair of gloves for 2$ in Historic Downtown and a Hat for 3$ in a small chain Store. That would cost up to 4 to 6$ in NYC with the taxes , hordes of New Yorkers come over here to shop , sometimes theres no Room on the PATH because of all the shopping Bags New York City is ok , for Fun , other then that its expensive and frustrating form Parking to Food Costs. New York is also has alot problems, out towner's are usually taken advantage of. Sadly its not just street vendors who do this , Hotels and Restaurants to, once they assume ur an Out of Towner they stack all these extra charges on u.

~Corey
Old December 11th, 2009, 12:43 AM   #6540
snowman159

Likes (Received): 3

How come you still can't pump your own gas in NJ? What's the logic behind that law?

So the gas may be cheaper than in NY, but you end up having to tip the attendant.
snowman159 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways