daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 14th, 2010, 08:17 PM   #7201
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3441

I just don't really feel like learning those Scandinavian languages. The countries are awesome and beautiful but it's not worth it IMO. I speak 4 languages fluently atm. I'm still learning French and Italian. Not bad for a 17 year old huh
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #7202
Danielk2
DanielKK

Likes (Received): 2

Actually, you can speak english to people from denmark, norway or sweden. In some countries, people do speak english, but don't want to because they think their national pride is being hurt.
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:29 PM   #7203
Ni3lS

I know that Scandinavian people speak English quite well. You have to know that I'm not an American though
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #7204
Danielk2
DanielKK

then what country are you from??
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:33 PM   #7205
Ni3lS

I'm Dutch like Chris and Timon
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:35 PM   #7206
Danielk2
DanielKK

Soooo many dutchies on the H&A section
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #7207
Ni3lS

Yup. I'm a foreign Exchange Student in the USA if you're wondering why I'm living here. I'll be going back in may and I'm probably going to study in Germany
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #7208
Danielk2
DanielKK

you could write the US + NL as your location. Then people would know you're from the NL
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:42 PM   #7209
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

I speak Dutch, English and German, and I can read French and Spanish, and a bit of Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Portuguese and Italian. I know a few words in Polish and Romanian, but that's about it. Romanian is actually not that hard if you know some other Roman languages like French. I can also read the Greek and Cyrillic alphabet (from the age of 12, had nothing to do at school, so I decided to decipher Russian maps, that how I learned it).
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #7210
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielk2 View Post
you could write the US + NL as your location. Then people would know you're from the NL

No, my location is the location where I actually am. If people are interested in what nationality I have they should take a look at my profile
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:11 PM   #7211
Danielk2
DanielKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I speak Dutch, English and German, and I can read French and Spanish, and a bit of Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Portuguese and Italian. I know a few words in Polish and Romanian, but that's about it. Romanian is actually not that hard if you know some other Roman languages like French. I can also read the Greek and Cyrillic alphabet (from the age of 12, had nothing to do at school, so I decided to decipher Russian maps, that how I learned it).
i speak danish, english, norwegian, swedish and know some german and dutch road-related words.
I can read and write the cyrillic alphabet (russian and ukranian), and read some of the greek alphabet.
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:56 PM   #7212
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2269

As for me, I speak in Latvian, Russian, German and English of course, and I know a few words in Polish. I can understand Slovak, Czech and Slovenian text.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:28 PM   #7213
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

I envy you guys when you just happened to understand other languages f.ex neighbouring countries etc...
Like scandinavians.
When you come from a country as Hungary, you have to study other languages otherwise you are on your own.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 10:34 PM   #7214
Morsue

Likes (Received): 46

I speak Swedish, Maghreb Arabic, English and French fluently, I speak Spanish and German with quite well, although not fluently. I can understand some Italian, Portuguese, Catalan and Romanian (Romance languages) in both writing and speech. I can communicate with Danes and Norwegians in writing, but I can only speak with Norwegians because I really don't get what Danes are saying.
Morsue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:14 PM   #7215
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

I can speak English and Portuguese fluently, understand and speak a bit of Spanish and French, and I can understand a bit of written German and Dutch. I can read the Greek alphabet, providing that it's not in Greek
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:29 PM   #7216
TheCat
IsraCanadian :)

Likes (Received): 6

Well, to join in the conversation, I know English, Hebrew, and Russian fluently and am currently studying Chinese at university. I also know some French because I learned it for about 2 years when I came to Canada.

When reading, I can understand Slavonic languages to varying degrees. I also learned the Arabic script in my final year in Israel, but I moved to Canada before we finished and I don't remember much at this point.
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:35 PM   #7217
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

i thought that more people here speak italian. so i can be proud of it (beside english, some german and french)
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:47 PM   #7218
Danielk2
DanielKK

don't you speak any slavic languages??
Old January 14th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #7219
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielk2 View Post
don't you speak any slavic languages??
do you really want me to mention that i speak croatian, serbian, bosnian, montenegrian, some slovenian and some macedonian? i feel like polyglot
btw, i know few words of czech, too
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 03:33 AM   #7220
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17034

I passed a reservoir today that supplies water to New York City & Jersey City, its 118 miles Northwest of Midtown NYC.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Looking on the other side of the Dam

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

~Corey
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways