daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:07 PM   #7761
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
Bingo!

BTW, Daniel, thanks for helping me searching... I just realized there are only three roads, not 4 :-o
Thats nt th one I was thinking of, but I remember it. I was thinking of some pictures of the evolution of roads under the Aqueducto das Águas Livres in Lisbon, but I didn't find it.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:49 PM   #7762
Fuzzy Llama
Puszysty samiec lamy.

Likes (Received): 8

Can anyone trace a longer route in Google Maps than this one without using any 'via' destinations?
This one would be quite a roadtrip...
Fuzzy Llama no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:01 PM   #7763
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

I think that I got one
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:41 PM   #7764
Danielk2
DanielKK

Likes (Received): 2

It's only 10km longer. C'mon, doesn't google maps work for china or russia??
Old May 3rd, 2010, 04:51 PM   #7765
Fuzzy Llama
Puszysty samiec lamy.

It works for China (as well as for Thailand, Vietnam or large chunk of Africa), but unfortunately you cannot trace a route across Chinese border (so it's very realistic then )
Old May 3rd, 2010, 05:27 PM   #7766
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielk2 View Post
It's only 10km longer.
So what? It's longer
Old May 6th, 2010, 02:18 AM   #7767
Fuzzy Llama
Puszysty samiec lamy.

Being annoyed enough with the fact that the car is only place where I can listen to the radio, and recently discovering that some stations are playing very decent music in the evening I've just bought this beauty
It's older than me and it looks absolutely gorgeous. I will have the package with it next week, I'll see if it is worth 10€ I've paid for it
Old May 7th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #7768
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3441

They have euro's in Poland? Jeez I've been gone for a long time..
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #7769
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
They have euro's in Poland? Jeez I've been gone for a long time..
Man, thay don't It will be a very long story tíll Poland (and Czech rep as well) enters the Eurozone....
Old May 7th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #7770
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Damn I got a speeding ticket, the first one in over two years. I drove 105 km/h, where 100 was allowed (A28 motorway), 4 weeks ago. That'll be € 21 + € 6 administrative cost.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 06:59 PM   #7771
MAG
Keep it simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Damn I got a speeding ticket ... I drove 105 km/h, where 100 was allowed ...
Did you ask to see a valid calibration certificate for the radar?

It seems to me that the police were a bit naughty giving you a fine when the offence is well within the error of your and their equipment (speedometer and radar, respectively). The compound error from the two is bound to be greater than 5 km/h. Typically you would expect a +10% trigger-point with respect to the posted speed limit since the accuracy of the measurement can be easily challenged in a court of law.

By sum-of-squares rule, and assuming equal contribution to the total error, both the speedo and the radar would have to be accurate to ±3.5 km/h. That is quite a challenge at ~100 km/h.

I'd go and complain, if I were you.

Drogowskaz Classic

MAG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #7772
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ Exactly. Since the radars do have a margin of error, the police here won't give you a speed ticket unless you're driving at least 10 km/h over the legal speed limit. Meaning that if, for example, the speed limit is 100 km/h, you won't get a speed ticket if you drive with 109 km/h.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #7773
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

The radar got me at 109 km/h. They subtract a 3% margin at speeds over 100 km/h. and 3km/h at speeds below 100 km/h.

There is only one place they are able to set up a speed camera team on that stretch of motorway, and that's in the last few 100 m of the 100 km/h zone. But that's the Dutch police, they want easy money.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #7774
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman:cz View Post
Man, thay don't It will be a very long story tíll Poland (and Czech rep as well) enters the Eurozone....
I was being sarcastic, but that's okay I hope that eventually their economy's are up for it. Greece was a great disappointment.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Old May 7th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #7775
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

3%? here you have tolerance of 10% up to 100 km/h, or 10 km/h over 100 km/h. but you cannot get that low ticket for speedeing. i think the smallest fine is about 150€.
Old May 7th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #7776
Ni3lS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Damn I got a speeding ticket, the first one in over two years. I drove 105 km/h, where 100 was allowed (A28 motorway), 4 weeks ago. That'll be € 21 + € 6 administrative cost.
Luckily it's not that much, still a bummer.
Old May 7th, 2010, 11:06 PM   #7777
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

In Romania the fine is about 30 € if you drive 10-20 km/h over the legal speed limit. However you can pay only half if you're paying it within 48 hours.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #7778
piotr71

Not too often we have an opportunity to see pictures showing African roads. So now we have. Really beautiful photos made by Zaika. Here is the link:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...9#post56512869
starts with post 123

And a sample:
Quote:

piotr71 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #7779
mapman:cz
Ministerský rada

Likes (Received): 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
I was being sarcastic, but that's okay I hope that eventually their economy's are up for it. Greece was a great disappointment.
Yeah, I realized it after sending it... Never mind, the statement about CZ and PL is somewhat worthwhile, so I kept it... Greece is disappointment for many of us, but it is very interesting to see, how other countries are able to enforce some changes in greek very generous social system... Somehow it helps to abolish some rigid provisions in the system, that any totally independent (in international sense) greek government would not be willing to do...
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #7780
TheCat
IsraCanadian :)

Likes (Received): 6

I am now in the land of perfect roads (at least according to this thread)!

From what I've seen in the past few days, I can't argue, although I didn't drive

Tags
highways, motorways