daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 19th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #7821
Fuzzy Llama
Puszysty samiec lamy.

Likes (Received): 8

You would. But if you are a German resident (or if you are migrating to Germany) you can switch it to German one.

In theory, you should be a Polish resident (which means that you should live in Poland for more than 182 days in year) to take an exam, but in reality nobody checks it anyway.
Fuzzy Llama no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #7822
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

Few months ago it was in the news that illiterate people from Romania made their driving licenses in Hungary. The method was that you can pass the theoretical exam as an oral exam with an interpreter if you don't speak Hungarian. With some bribe, the illiterate just said something to the interpreter who then said the correct answer...
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #7823
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

^ Indeed, a lot of driving licenses were revoked following the discovery of this fraud. The entire scheme was conceived by some ethnic Roma and I must admit it was pretty ingenious.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #7824
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
And I thought about 350 € I've paid for my driving license was much.
Nowadays it is much more expensive also in Slovakia. I mean 350 € is the lowest price, due to new law you have to pass first aid training. (you have to know it )
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 04:03 PM   #7825
Qwert

Likes (Received): 2535

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
Nowadays it is much more expensive also in Slovakia. I mean 350 € is the lowest price, due to new law you have to pass first aid training. (you have to know it )
Yes, I've passed the test couple of years ago. Back then it was possible for more or less this price. However, there wasn't the Euro yet, so it's difficult to convert it precisely. The first aid training wasn't obligatory back then too. Ah, old good times.

On the other hand, I kinda regret there weren't obligatory first aid lessons. It must be fun:

Qwert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #7826
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
we had first aid lessons (and exam) since allways. it is extremely boring. i didn't learn anything special there, and our instructor (usually doctors come and have lessons) told us: this is all theory, but if somewhen you find somebody really hurt and injured in accident, the best thing you can do is to call 112, and not to play doctor with him - you will 99% make him worse if you try to immobilize his broken arm or leg.

btw, driving school here costs over 1000€ (and 11 years ago when I attended it costed about 250€ )
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #7827
Danielk2
DanielKK

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
On the other hand, I kinda regret there weren't obligatory first aid lessons. It must be fun:
You might just as well have to perform CPR on a dude. In that case i do not think you would enjoy doing as illustrated in the video (unless you're homosexual of course)
Old May 20th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #7828
BND
Regisztrált felhasználó

Likes (Received): 277

here you have to do this with a plastic dummy at the exam, it's not fun at all
BND no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 10:37 AM   #7829
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Some people like this kind of stuff

Nope, it's not me

But seriously, here driving course will not teach you anything practical, including how to drive on motorway.
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:25 PM   #7830
philimonas

Likes (Received): 0

In Greece it's forbidden for driving school cars to drive on a motorway (at least that's what my teacher said 3 years ago).
However you are allowed to drive with no restrictions on motorways etc the day you get your license!
philimonas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 06:43 PM   #7831
Falusi
hanzi13

Likes (Received): 192

I'm currently in the middle of my driving school lessons. Tomorrow I will have a CPR lesson....
The whole driving license will cost 550 €, which doesn't seems to be a lot according to other countries. The only bad thing is that it's not allowed for me to drive in foreign countries, because I'm only 17 .

Highways clinched by me
A AND BIH C CH CZ D E F FL GR H HKJ HR I MC MK RO PL SK SLO SRB T UAE
doing MSc in Mechanical Engineering
Falusi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2010, 11:17 PM   #7832
seem
Mornar bez mora

In Hungary is not a same age like in every single EU country? I haven`t already heard about that. In Slovakia (probably also in other states) you can start school lessons till 17, but you get license if you are 18.

Last edited by seem; May 22nd, 2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 12:07 AM   #7833
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

Hungary, Germany, Ireland, the UK and Iceland I think have the age of 17
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2010, 10:00 AM   #7834
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

AFAIK in Germany you still need someone with at least 5 years of driving experience next to you when you're still 17. When you've turned 18, you can drive by yourself.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 11:40 PM   #7835
seem
Mornar bez mora

Thank you, I didn`t know that.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:12 AM   #7836
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3441

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon91 View Post
I've been looking for a cheap driving school in Gronau, but I couldn't find one that was significantly cheaper than a regular driving school in Enschede.
Hey, I'm going to do this 10 day thing. It's most of the times cheaper and you'll get your license faster. Great thing to do over the summer. My dad just send me a couple of websites. I could give you the links if you're interested?
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:37 AM   #7837
Aan
Beijing, China

Likes (Received): 197

russian dancing 6-month old bridge in Volgograd
Aan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:03 PM   #7838
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

i hope they will destroy it because statics are completely wrong there. there is no hope for it.
Old May 23rd, 2010, 03:01 PM   #7839
Timon91
Error

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
Hey, I'm going to do this 10 day thing. It's most of the times cheaper and you'll get your license faster. Great thing to do over the summer. My dad just send me a couple of websites. I could give you the links if you're interested?
Okay, you can send them to me, I'll have a look at it I just don't know if I have time in summer
Old May 24th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #7840
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1819

I have my theory exam tomorrow. Making a driver's license costs around € 450 in Estonia with all the necessary exams and a first aid course included. It's compulsory in Estonia to do 40 x 25min of practice, 41 x 45min of theory and go through a first aid course before you can take the exams. Then you will receive a beginner's license which you will have for 2 years. During that time you cannot drive faster than 90km/h and you also have to attend a slippery-surface driving course(6 x 45min of theory, 8 x 25 min of practice).
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways