daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2010, 05:33 PM   #8061
bogdymol
bogdymod

I already posted this here, but I see my post was deleted (maybe because of the problems SSC had today).
@hofburg: you can try this
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #8062
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

that's not a bad idea. thanks.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 07:19 PM   #8063
Tin_Can

I know that I don't post very often in Highways & Autobahns section,but I think this should be interesting for you all:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin_Can View Post
... Something what I noticed on Pirita road - When camper van is not enough and you also want to take all your friends on a road trip... Yeah,it's German hotel on wheels..rolling hotel..rotel!

[IMG]http://i50.************/ra5jlu.jpg[/IMG]

... I checked company's website and looks like they operate all over the globe. What you see behind the bus,is a sleeping compartment (patented design)

[IMG]http://i47.************/2yn3oxw.jpg[/IMG]
Have you noticed anything similar driving through your country?
Tin_Can no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 12:44 AM   #8064
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1819

I have seen a bus(without a trailer, though), that had similar windows and sleeping spaces for passengers.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #8065
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
guys, how and where do you fix your cameras while recording a driving video?
I use Gorillapod:

I wrap legs around rear mirror holder, so that camera firmly hangs upsidedown. Then I turn around and compress video with a nice program called FormatFactory.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #8066
Danielk2
DanielKK

Likes (Received): 2

Why does it have to be upside-down?
Old July 6th, 2010, 04:13 PM   #8067
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19398

Interesting, what type do you exactly use? The legs must be long enough to get around the mirro.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #8068
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19398

I just bought the gorilla pod for € 24,99 at Mediamarkt. I hate how those pods are quite expensive if you consider how little material they use. I also want to use it to make time-lapse videos from bridge railings.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #8069
TheCat
IsraCanadian :)

Likes (Received): 6

I use the same method as Chris, utilizing velcro strips. However, it is now a bit more difficult on the dash of my Acura CSX (a Canadian luxury version of the Civic). The dashboard on the 2006+ Civic is very large, but it's not flat.

However, overall it's still not too bad. In the first two videos I made the camera was pointed a little too high, but still not too bad. In the latest video I made, I used an eraser to adjust the height

I still have to upload all 3 videos to Youtube, though. Can't seem to find the time to edit.
Old July 6th, 2010, 07:03 PM   #8070
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
I use Gorillapod:

I wrap legs around rear mirror holder, so that camera firmly hangs upsidedown. Then I turn around and compress video with a nice program called FormatFactory.

looks funny, but effective
Old July 7th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #8071
Vallex

Likes (Received): 0

guys, just go into something for road mapping:

http://world.waze.com/livemap/

those black lines are roads that has been passed by drivers who has waze account
Vallex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #8072
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

More pics from new series called "How to park a car in Slovakia"..

seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #8073
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17037

Speaking of Slovakia , i had a Lithuanian Waitress and Slovakian Waterboy at the Tick Tock Diner the other day. It was quite the interesting ethic mix.
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 01:27 PM   #8074
Danielk2
DanielKK

Likes (Received): 2

They can't all be irish or hispanic.
Old July 7th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #8075
Aan
Beijing, China

Likes (Received): 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I just bought the gorilla pod for € 24,99 at Mediamarkt. I hate how those pods are quite expensive if you consider how little material they use. I also want to use it to make time-lapse videos from bridge railings.
ehm, then why you don't buy fake one? it's for 6-10EUR with free shipping, I've just today ordered 2 Nokia batteries for my trip and few weeks ago not original panasonic FZ38 battery for 1/3 price of original with same specifications
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2331
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis View Post
Speaking of Slovakia , i had a Lithuanian Waitress and Slovakian Waterboy at the Tick Tock Diner the other day. It was quite the interesting ethic mix.
ethic or ethnic? because I don't see any ethnic difference between Lithuania and Slovakia and also in world terms we are pretty close nations
Aan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:17 AM   #8076
hofburg
middle lane hogger

thats chinese stuff is crap. on amazon.fr is one for 19 € though. some cameras/camcorders even come with it out of the box.

lithuanians aren't slaves, right? so why are you pretty close? (correct me if I am wrong)

a question: I am going to buy a pocket 1080p camcorder (something like that. ) does it have to have a optical zoom for shooting driving videos? or it's possible to record a video without zoom without dashboard on it.
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:44 AM   #8077
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17037

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielk2 View Post
They can't all be irish or hispanic.
Hehe , the diner has a wide range of cultures working for it. Mostly European & American the day shift and the overnight shift is American & Latino. Its a 24/7 Diner on a popular highway that feeds into NYC. The area where the diner is located is Indian , Polish , and Italian. They own stores and businesses. I go there to buy my real Italian pastas and Polish Deserts. Its nice living in a melting pot Region. The other day i met a Dutch - German Couple on the train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aan View Post
ehm, then why you don't buy fake one? it's for 6-10EUR with free shipping, I've just today ordered 2 Nokia batteries for my trip and few weeks ago not original panasonic FZ38 battery for 1/3 price of original with same specifications
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2331
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13610

ethic or ethnic? because I don't see any ethnic difference between Lithuania and Slovakia and also in world terms we are pretty close nations
I mean't to say cultures......
Visit the New Jersey Section
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 10:16 AM   #8078
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
lithuanians aren't slaves, right? so why are you pretty close? (correct me if I am wrong)
I was also thinking about that..

anyway, Slavic people really can`t understand that, it`s totaly different from any Slavic language..

Quote:
Lithuanian still retains many of the original features of the nominal morphology found in the common ancestors of the Indo-European languages like Sanskrit and Latin, and has therefore been the focus of much study in the area of Indo-European linguistics. Studies in the field of comparative linguistics have shown it to be the most conservative living Indo-European language.

Lithuanian and other Baltic languages passed through Proto-Balto-Slavic stage, during which Baltic languages developed numerous exclusive and non-exclusive lexical, morphological, phonological and accentual isoglosses with Slavic languages, which represent their closest living Indo-European relative. Moreover, with Lithuanian being so archaic in phonology, Slavic words can often be deduced from Lithuanian by regular sound laws.
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #8079
PLH

Likes (Received): 2823

Do you also have a problem with GoogleEarth? For a few day now I cannot browse it fluently.
PLH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #8080
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2285

Same here, I cannot browse fluently for some weeks now, maps work fine, but satelite images are loading slow with lag. I think their server is overheating.
RipleyLV está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways