daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 1st, 2010, 12:13 AM   #8421
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5408

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Something is wrong with google
On the Belgian one there is nothing wrong, neither on the French or .com one, guess only the UK one crashed ???

Last edited by joshsam; September 1st, 2010 at 12:19 AM.
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:02 PM   #8422
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

I made a map last night
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:43 PM   #8423
bogdymol
bogdymod

Look how someone found his car this morning:

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:56 PM   #8424
Danielk2
DanielKK

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsam View Post
On the Belgian one there is nothing wrong, neither on the French or .com one, guess only the UK one crashed ???
Click the link
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM   #8425
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielk2 View Post
Click the link
I did...it's the UK google so what? I just don't get it...
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:49 PM   #8426
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Be sure to activate all Java tricks on that page I had NoScript blocking the trick, so it was not so funny

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:25 PM   #8427
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

I've driven 500 kilometers through Italia today My first driving experience in Italy. I've been to Italy before, but I wasn't driving myself back then.

I took A26 all the way to Alessandria, then A21 to Tortona and then A7 to Milano. Then I used the Tangenziale Ovest and A8 back to Gravellona Toce, and the A26/SS33 across the Sempione (Simplon) back to Brig.

The A26 was a pleasant surprise at low traffic and 2x3 lanes, but A7 was loaded with trucks. There was an accident near Pavia with a car completely totaled. There was some kind of rack lying between the right and center lane on the Tangenziale Ovest, people could barely avoid it.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:37 PM   #8428
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:46 PM   #8429
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I've driven 500 kilometers through Italia today My first driving experience in Italy. I've been to Italy before, but I wasn't driving myself back then.

I took A26 all the way to Alessandria, then A21 to Tortona and then A7 to Milano. Then I used the Tangenziale Ovest and A8 back to Gravellona Toce, and the A26/SS33 across the Sempione (Simplon) back to Brig.

The A26 was a pleasant surprise at low traffic and 2x3 lanes, but A7 was loaded with trucks. There was an accident near Pavia with a car completely totaled. There was some kind of rack lying between the right and center lane on the Tangenziale Ovest, people could barely avoid it.
Why didn't you descend to Genova on the A26 to then take A7 back north? You wouldn't pay any extra toll and those tunnels near Genova... not to miss

I've also told you before: spare € 52 and take a round-trip near the Alpine tunnels. A5 and A32 are roads NOT to miss either
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:51 PM   #8430
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Way much better the A7 SOUTHwards! Crazy windy road! Speed limit 80, and you won't feel it as a restriction

For the same price, he could have made this 8-loop: http://goo.gl/maps/Ym3m
A7 down, A26 up

Old September 1st, 2010, 08:56 PM   #8431
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

Quote:
I've driven 500 kilometers through Italia
At last! Now you can cancel that shameful 2.3km clinched
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 09:24 PM   #8432
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Quote:

You now have clinched ~400 km of Italian Autostrade. I have clinched 993.6 km, and Spinoza nearly 4000. But, if you had driven all the way down to Genoa, we would had a bit of autostrade clinched together.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 09:27 PM   #8433
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:

I tought you already drove on Italian motorways before, although just 1.4 mi.

PS: next week I will go (and drive) for the first time in CZ, so wish me luck
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:02 PM   #8434
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
But, if you had driven all the way down to Genoa, we would had a bit of autostrade clinched together.
I'm going to Genoa in a couple weeks for my pal's wedding. Bologna-Florence-Lucca-Genoa with A1-A11-A12, then coming back thru A7 till Tortona and then A21 to Brescia (picking up my gal), then A4 till Verona, A22 to Modena and A1 to Bologna. Almost 300km of never-clinched-before highways
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:04 PM   #8435
Wilhem275
The Transporter

I am making my own clinched hws map in Gmaps.
I have some doubts: should I count both directions or just one? And how should I count when the two directions have sensibly different lenghts?

I mean, the A7 Serravalle Scrivia - Genova Ovest is 49,1 km long, while Genova Ovest - Serravalle Scrivia is 44,7.
Other case: I clinched the A1 between Piacenza and Parma going south, but never going north.

I'm confused...

Old September 1st, 2010, 10:08 PM   #8436
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Well, the website consider an highway clinched even if you drove it just in a direction.

But if you're doing it on your own, you can do whatever you please...
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:54 PM   #8437
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Ok, here I am

I: 2030 km
A: 109 km
D: 96 km

http://goo.gl/maps/Esyy

What a shame, they're on two pages. Stupid Gmaps

Farthest points.

North: [D] A 99/A 94 Kreuz München-Ost
South: [I] A1 Firenze Sud
West: [I] A10 Savona
East: [I] A4 Latisana

Last edited by Wilhem275; September 1st, 2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old September 1st, 2010, 11:01 PM   #8438
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

There's a thread where you can show your clinched highways and roads, but I don't know where. I have clinched around 4000 kilometers of Spanish autopistas.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 11:03 PM   #8439
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Wilhelm, why don't you join the website http://cmap.m-plex.com ?
Old September 1st, 2010, 11:07 PM   #8440
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Wilhelm, why don't you join the website http://cmap.m-plex.com ?
I sent them my clinched highways about two weeks ago, but it hasn't appeared on the website yet

Tags
highways, motorways