daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 7th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #9581
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
I've got an interesting question: which threads do you always (or very often) check? I used to check (almost) all threads, but it's got too busy in this subforum, so now (of active threads) I (almost) always check: this thread , Slovenia, all neighbors, ex-Yugoslavia, Albania, Switzerland, Russia, Ukraine, border crossings, both license plates threads, roundabouts, trucking, weird and wonderful road signs, roadtrips, where have you driven?, ... What about you?
I usally check: roadsite, Slovakia, Czech republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovenia, Croatia, Netherlands

and rarely: UK, Germany, Austria, ex-Yugoslavia, Ukraine, Romania..

non-national: both license plates threads, roundabouts, weird and wonderful road signs, border crossings, funny accidents

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #9582
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

@ gramercy: don't worry, those pics could have been easily made in Romania. Romania of today, EU, 2011.
In fact, I first thought they were made in Romania, then I saw the .hu domain.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #9583
seem
Mornar bez mora

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramercy View Post
hungary, today, or should i say eu, 2011?
EU 2011. Hungary is not the single one.

Old February 7th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #9584
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

^ It's exactly the same in Romania, DIGI dishes on every so-called "house". I always wondered how people so poor can afford to monthly pay for satellite TV.
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #9585
seem
Mornar bez mora

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
@ gramercy: don't worry, those pics could have been easily made in Romania. Romania of today, EU, 2011.
In fact, I first thought they were made in Romania, then I saw the .hu domain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
^ It's exactly the same in Romania, DIGI dishes on every so-called "house". I always wondered how people so poor can afford to monthly pay for satellite TV.
So is it something what you can see if you travel across Romania?

I heard a lot of Romania I just want to know how does it really look like. I have never been there.

EDIT: Or..

Can you send a picture of average Romanian village?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx☢Power View Post
You think they're paying?
First 5 months are for free if I am sure. Digi is Romanian, damn it.

Last edited by seem; February 7th, 2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #9586
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
I have uploaded on Panoramio few pictures of the two villages where my parents lived as kids: (Ieud, Maramureș county and Revetiș, Arad county). Just browse my uploaded pics and you will find them.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:35 PM   #9587
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Quote:
So is it something what you can see if you travel across Romania?
Well, sometimes. But you won't see such villages when you travel on main roads. Romania doesn't usually looks like that. But almost every main region of the country have from place to place its isolated small villages inhabited by poor Rroma, looking as in your picture.

Quote:
I heard a lot of Romania I just want to know how does it really look like. I have never been there.

EDIT: Or..

Well, I don't think an average type of Romanian village really exists. The villages are different from one main region of the country to another.
But you can try these threads:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1191883
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1217701
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1196793

Quote:
First 5 months are for free if I am sure. Digi is Romanian, damn it.
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #9588
Kulla
BANNED

Likes (Received): 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Brage View Post
wow is that a roadkill ?

Do they also slaugher stray dogs at the roadside? do they have a permit ?

Is this also common in Albania ?

I sometimes check nordic baltic forums also the german and russian forums.
No its only common in Slavic countries to eat roadkills. If we want meat we will go buy it in the store or to the butchers. Why do you allways bring up Albania do you have some sort of fetish or are you that dumb and filled with hate you will do anything to link Albania with anything negative out there?? If so you need help.
Kulla no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #9589
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

I personally know Italian people who ate a wildboar they accidentally killed with their car (and the car was wrecked, lol).
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #9590
Magnus Brage
Another RussianDatingScam

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulla View Post
No its only common in Slavic countries to eat roadkills. If we want meat we will go buy it in the store or to the butchers. Why do you allways bring up Albania do you have some sort of fetish or are you that dumb and filled with hate you will do anything to link Albania with anything negative out there?? If so you need help.
People from Romania or Hungary can show the not very pleasant sides of their countries and discuss that, that is people living of roadkills and gypsies selling stolen pigs. But Albanians have a way of denying every non favorable side of their country.

Albania: average income for a worker 150€/month
Majority of people with low income pay no taxes.
Due to weak authority, corruption (close to failed state) Albania is a major hub for organized crime, human trafficing, trade of weapons, narcotics and stolen cars.

Also in western countries albanian immigrants cause problems preserving their distinct clan-mentality, blood feuds/vendettas are deeply associated within their culture. In the USA the albanian mafia is now taking controll of the prosperous black market, which before was governed by the italian camorra.

Due to bad harvest, In the late 19th century 1.5 million swedes immigrated to the USA, did any of them found a mafiasyndicate engaging in organized crime ?? the answer is no, they were all decent hard working people.

Albanian immigrants, I don't want to meet these albanian boys in town a late evening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BdYR...eature=related
Magnus Brage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #9591
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I personally know Italian people who ate a wildboar they accidentally killed with their car (and the car was wrecked, lol).
i don't see anything wrong with that. except that is some kind of breaking the law, but hell with the law, it is way better than somebody other eat it or destroy it.
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #9592
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I personally know someone who accidentally killed a quite large rabbit while returning home from Hungary and he put it in the cars trunk after that. The border patrol officers didn't notice it so he had a rabbit stew for dinner
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #9593
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5408

No albanian youth in Belgium yet, but they do run a big part of the sex industrie...

Buth Uhm you really don't have to look in eastern Europe to find such poverty. Gipsy villages around Paris and other big French cities are common. Last year an illigal Gipsy setlement was buldozed in here in Belgium
Old February 7th, 2011, 10:59 PM   #9594
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I personally know someone who accidentally killed a quite large rabbit while returning home from Hungary and he put it in the cars trunk after that. The border patrol officers didn't notice it so he had a rabbit stew for dinner
well the hell, i will admit, i did it with pheasant i made an excellent ragout of it
Old February 7th, 2011, 11:07 PM   #9595
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5408

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsam View Post
Buth Uhm you really don't have to look in eastern Europe to find such poverty. Gipsy villages around Paris and other big French cities are common. Last year an illigal Gipsy setlement was buldozed in here in Belgium
So these are the type of settlements I'm talking about:

http://isabelpousset.files.wordpress...pg?w=460&h=305

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UvfoNkXjqh...62180549_5.jpg

http://www.innsalzach24.de/bilder/20...is-lager.9.jpg

http://static.theatlanticwire.com/wi...ma%20Getty.jpg

Picture taken near a French railway line:

http://www.jeanmiaille.fr/2009/image...0312095157.jpg

Milan,Italy:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_b0yA8AUKJ9...o6%2Bcopia.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_b0yA8AUKJ9...26%2Bcopia.jpg

Last edited by joshsam; February 7th, 2011 at 11:18 PM.
joshsam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 11:36 PM   #9596
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiberoptik View Post
This border isn't correct. From Wiki:
Quote:
There is no legally binding agreement as to where the boundaries lie between Switzerland, Germany and Austria where these three countries meet in Lake Constance. While Switzerland holds the view that the border runs through the middle of the lake, Austria is of the opinion that the lake stands in condominium of all the states on its banks. Germany holds no unambiguous opinion. Legal questions pertaining to ship transport and fishing are regulated in separate treaties.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Co...tional_borders

No one else will answer my question?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #9597
Kulla
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Brage View Post
People from Romania or Hungary can show the not very pleasant sides of their countries and discuss that, that is people living of roadkills and gypsies selling stolen pigs. But Albanians have a way of denying every non favorable side of their country.

Albania: average income for a worker 150€/month
Majority of people with low income pay no taxes.
Due to weak authority, corruption (close to failed state) Albania is a major hub for organized crime, human trafficing, trade of weapons, narcotics and stolen cars.

Also in western countries albanian immigrants cause problems preserving their distinct clan-mentality, blood feuds/vendettas are deeply associated within their culture. In the USA the albanian mafia is now taking controll of the prosperous black market, which before was governed by the italian camorra.

Due to bad harvest, In the late 19th century 1.5 million swedes immigrated to the USA, did any of them found a mafiasyndicate engaging in organized crime ?? the answer is no, they were all decent hard working people.

Albanian immigrants, I don't want to meet these albanian boys in town a late evening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BdYR...eature=related

Shouldnt you be busy drinking parfume because your to poor to buy descent alcohol?? Like all you fellow ruskis?? I am done replying to you in a mature manner because as soon as i come with (facts) you dont reply anymore. If your (country) was so good you wouldnt of ran to Sweden to live and work there, yet you talk about others. Now what does that say about you?? You take pride into living and working in Sweden when you arent even from there shows how much you actual country must suck.

Even in 2003 that number was higher. So i dont know where you get all this kind of information from, but it wouldnt hurt you to post a link from time to time now would it??

How do i know the picture provided by you that there are actual Albanians in it?? Because they wear (red) (even Bloods(gang) in USA wears red but that doesnt make them Albanians now does it? Or doesnt your tiny brain allow you to understand that?

Last edited by Kulla; February 8th, 2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #9598
Kulla
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsam View Post
No albanian youth in Belgium yet, but they do run a big part of the sex industrie...

So do the Russians,Italians,Slavs etc...

So thats an good thing. I cant believe how things were in Holland with the all the morrocans and turkish street thugs there and the government doesnt take any steps whatsoever to put them in jail or even send them back to their own country. I am actually very pro that be it Albanians or whatever nationality if they cant behave in the country they are living in the government should just send them back.
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #9599
seem
Mornar bez mora

Thanks Romanians.

Here you can fund many pictures of villages and nature in Slovak middle income region Turiec - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=740576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulla View Post
Even in 2003 that number was higher. So i dont know where you get all this kind of information from, but it wouldnt hurt you to post a link from time to time now would it??
According to data from 2009 it was 243 € a month.

Btw, I also sometimes think that whatever "wrong" is said about Albania makes flame and lots of angry posts from Albanians.

Old February 8th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #9600
Kulla
BANNED

Quote:
According to data from 2009 it was 243 € a month.

Btw, I also sometimes think that whatever "wrong" is said about Albania makes flame and lots of angry posts from Albanians.
It has nothing to do with whatever "wrong" is said about Albania at all. It has to do with his flame-posts and his anti Albanian behavior. He did the same thing in 4-5 threads allready.

This was about Hungary yet he posts something about Albania and then continues with the off-topic about 10-12 kids on a picture. Seriously like i care even if its true the goverment of that country they are in should deal with that. It has nothing to do with Albania or this topic now does it?? If i am wrong you can tell me dont be shy now.

Tags
highways, motorways