daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #9621
joshsam
JR

Likes (Received): 5408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulla View Post
So do the Russians,Italians,Slavs etc...

So thats an good thing. I cant believe how things were in Holland with the all the morrocans and turkish street thugs there and the government doesnt take any steps whatsoever to put them in jail or even send them back to their own country. I am actually very pro that be it Albanians or whatever nationality if they cant behave in the country they are living in the government should just send them back.
Well, Its still the same with the Marrocans and Turks in Holland, Belgium or the whole of central/western europe for that matter... Morrocan and turk 'gangs' make neighborhoods unsave and especially have something against everyone who isn't Islam... But in Belgium ,jails are full, young offenders are back on the streets in a matter of hours, police have no authority anymore and don't feel like doing their jobs anymore in cases where North africans are involved, because it really doesn't matter because they are set free next day. Criminality rates amoung young N-Africans skyrocket as does the % of people without a diploma or job...(up to 40% and higher)

There is no way sending them back. Most of them are born here and are second and third generation. They are citizens of the EU and Belgium.Just not very good ones...

Enough said about this because I got my as banned already once for speaking on this subject. Everything said bad and what is the truth about N-Africans in Europe is regarded as Islamofobia and racism, everywhere, not only on this forum. That's why people have no way to speak up, If one speaks up,one is a racist.

Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2011, 09:43 PM   #9622
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Let´s stop it!!! There must be a reason we call it european culture, although there are 40+ countries in Europe.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #9623
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Llama View Post
I have a skiing trip to plan, the problem is that in the past years we've only traveled on Saturday. This year we're going on Sunday and I want to know if the traffic near the Alps allows to make an excursion to Italy in one day... On Saturdays it's almost impossible, but it's the Saturday when most people travel, so it might be better.
Usually there is quite a lot of traffic on winter weekends in the Alps, but never large queues like in summer. I never heard of some big traffic before important tunnels because of "skiing traffic".
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #9624
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

There is significant traffic congestion on the Austrian A12, German A8 and A93 and sometimes on German A9. The tunnels are less of a problem as many ski destinations are before the tunnels, unlike summer holiday destinations which are generally south of the tunnels.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:32 AM   #9625
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

German A8 south of Munich is almost always congested ...
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #9626
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

München - Rosenheim has 6 lanes, Rosenheim - Salzburg has 4 lanes with a very outdated alignment. Did you know Walserberg is the busiest border crossing in Europe? 75.000 vehicles per day.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #9627
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
There is significant traffic congestion on the Austrian A12, German A8 and A93 and sometimes on German A9. The tunnels are less of a problem as many ski destinations are before the tunnels, unlike summer holiday destinations which are generally south of the tunnels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
German A8 south of Munich is almost always congested ...
Quote:
München - Rosenheim has 6 lanes, Rosenheim - Salzburg has 4 lanes with a very outdated alignment. Did you know Walserberg is the busiest border crossing in Europe? 75.000 vehicles per day.
Don't scare me guys
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM   #9628
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

you're driving there soon? Yeah, rosenheim - salzburg is like normal local 4lane road.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #9629
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Don't scare me guys
Nothing very serious. You may encounter sporadic traffic jams, but mostly traffic flows ok.

Although, going for an one-day ski trip from Poland to Italy? Ridiculous, if you ask me.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #9630
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
It is so busy also because people use it to get from east of Austria to west (Salzburg-Innsbruck for example).

I have never seen this motorway(s) empty.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #9631
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
It is so busy also because people use it to get from east of Austria to west (Salzburg-Innsbruck for example).
I will be doing exactly this thing on Sunday
Old February 10th, 2011, 03:33 PM   #9632
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Cheer up, the Rosenheim-Innsbruck stretch is not as congested as the Salzburg-Rosenheim
Old February 10th, 2011, 03:36 PM   #9633
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Cheer up, the Rosenheim-Innsbruck stretch is not as congested as the Salzburg-Rosenheim
Yes, but to reach Rosenheim - Innsbruck stretch I have to pass through Salzburg - Rosenheim stretch
Old February 10th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #9634
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

I know. But half the pain's gone
Old February 10th, 2011, 03:46 PM   #9635
seem
Mornar bez mora

Quote:
I will be doing exactly this thing on Sunday
Have a nice time Südtirol!

Last year - Salzburg - Kiefersfelden / A8 and A93 - http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=2664

Old February 10th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #9636
bogdymol
bogdymod

Thank you seem. I will take a look there.

later edit: OMG! Now that's a crowded motorway.
Old February 10th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #9637
seem
Mornar bez mora

Quote:
Thank you seem. I will take a look there.
I can't imagine to go all the way down there from Romania though.

Btw, no Jasná this year?

Old February 10th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #9638
bogdymol
bogdymod

No. I've been at Jasná for 3 years, and everyone says that skiing in Austria is the best, so on Sunday morning I will have to cover up 1020 km to a ski resort near Innsbruck.
Old February 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #9639
panda80

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
No. I've been at Jasná for 3 years, and everyone says that skiing in Austria is the best, so on Sunday morning I will have to cover up 1020 km to a ski resort near Innsbruck.
You can avoid the crowdy A8 by using the more direct (25km less) and very nice route through Bad Reichenhall, Lofer, St. Johann. The road bypasses many settlements and it's a high quality one (many 2-level interchanges).
Skilldetector A new HR platform where everything is about your skills!

Last edited by panda80; February 10th, 2011 at 09:31 PM.
panda80 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #9640
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda80 View Post
You can avoid the crowdy A8 by using the more direct (25km less) and very nice route through Bad Reichenhall, Lofer, St. Johann. The road bypasses many settlements and it's a high quality one (many 2-level interchanges).
Thank you for the advice. I checked on Google Maps and it seems that it would be on;ly about 15-20 minutes longer. But I have to say that I never drove on German autobahn and I won't miss this oportunity

Tags
highways, motorways