daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old June 13th, 2011, 02:37 AM   #10241
hofburg
middle lane hogger
 
hofburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nova Gorica
Posts: 3,270
Likes (Received): 464

what about voting from abroad? I did that a few times from Paris.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2011, 03:25 AM   #10242
DanielFigFoz
Registered User
 
DanielFigFoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: No fixed abode
Posts: 4,429
Likes (Received): 894

Is it true that you are voting on

-Water privatisation

-Nuclear power

-Making it impossible to prosecute the prime-minister

Really?
DanielFigFoz está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:08 AM   #10243
Rebasepoiss
Registered User
 
Rebasepoiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tallinn
Posts: 5,818
Likes (Received): 1819

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
It pairs with what happened to me yesterday. I was on my way from Munich to Brescia and then Bologna because I had to go voting there (today and tomorrow big popular ballot questions in Italy, you probably heard of that). At Innsbruck (160 km from Munich) I realize I left my voter registration card in Munich, and without it I could not vote. After a moment of panic, I went back to Munich, got my damn card, and headed immediately back towards Italy.

Result: 970 km instead of 650... but every vote counts!!
Hehee....In Estonia it's 3 minutes at the computer and voila. I live 300m from a voting point but I still voted online
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #10244
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
It pairs with what happened to me yesterday. I was on my way from Munich to Brescia and then Bologna because I had to go voting there (today and tomorrow big popular ballot questions in Italy, you probably heard of that). At Innsbruck (160 km from Munich) I realize I left my voter registration card in Munich, and without it I could not vote. After a moment of panic, I went back to Munich, got my damn card, and headed immediately back towards Italy.

Result: 970 km instead of 650... but every vote counts!!
I woudn't do that But as nenea_hartia says, you are a model citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
Hehee....In Estonia it's 3 minutes at the computer and voila. I live 300m from a voting point but I still voted online
I like your voting system
__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #10245
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,610
Likes (Received): 19397

Internet voting. Man we live in the stone age in the Netherlands A few years ago voting computers were abolished in favor of the good old red pencil...
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #10246
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin
 
g.spinoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Torino
Posts: 9,505
Likes (Received): 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Wow! You are indeed a model citizen!
Thanks, but it was just too important. If it were just to elect some politician, I wouldn't have bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
Spinoza, you could have asked for a new one!
I was told that... afterwards. I mean, I wasn't sure it was possible, so when in doubt, I preferred not to take risks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
what about voting from abroad? I did that a few times from Paris.
I could only if I was registered to an association called AIRE (Association of Italians living abroad). I never registered, because I figured that only for 10 months living abroad it wasn't worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFigFoz View Post
Is it true that you are voting on

-Water privatisation

-Nuclear power

-Making it impossible to prosecute the prime-minister

Really?
Unfortunately, sadly, it is. As a matter of fact our ballot questions are abrogative, in the sense that we were asked if we wanted to cancel some laws. We were asked if we wanted to abrogate the laws you mentioned. To be valid in Italy quorum of 50%+1 must be reached. It was reached this time, for the first time in many years, and it seems that all those laws will have to be canceled. So water will remain public, no nuclear plants will be built and Berlusconi will have to be prosecuted as any other citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
Hehee....In Estonia it's 3 minutes at the computer and voila. I live 300m from a voting point but I still voted online
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Internet voting. Man we live in the stone age in the Netherlands A few years ago voting computers were abolished in favor of the good old red pencil...
I don't trust electronic voting. If it were to be introduced in Italy, I would never ever vote.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 07:54 PM   #10247
Rebasepoiss
Registered User
 
Rebasepoiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tallinn
Posts: 5,818
Likes (Received): 1819

It's a cultural thing, I guess. For me, tens or hundreds of different people handling plastic boxes full of pieces of paper is less trustworthy.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 08:01 PM   #10248
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin
 
g.spinoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Torino
Posts: 9,505
Likes (Received): 2112

Maybe. But I think that a stream of bits and voting machines can be tampered with much more easily than solid papers.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #10249
Attus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rheinbach
Posts: 2,766
Likes (Received): 1039

Hey, the referendum in Italy is valid, since some 57% of the population participated which is a very unusual thing in Italy!
And for each questions about 90-95% voted against the government. Hmm...
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #10250
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin
 
g.spinoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Torino
Posts: 9,505
Likes (Received): 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Hey, the referendum in Italy is valid, since some 57% of the population participated which is a very unusual thing in Italy!
Yes, last time we reached the quorum was 1995. And since then, 8 times we were asked to vote for ballot questions.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #10251
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,244
Likes (Received): 780

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Maybe. But I think that a stream of bits and voting machines can be tampered with much more easily than solid papers.
Some places have moved away from electronic voting and back to paper in recent years for just that reason. Also, if a race is close and they need to re-count, it helps to have a hard copy.
__________________
I didn't vote for him....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #10252
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,610
Likes (Received): 19397

I don't like referendums. Of course, the whole Berlusconi thing was just bizarre, but I don't think you should use binding referendums with questions 95% of the population has no real insight to, especially more technical issues like road construction. For instance, the Swiss canton of Uri voted against a second Gotthard tube. It's bizarre that a few thousand people from a small community can block infrastructure of (inter)national importance. Same with nuclear energy, people most opposed are often living not anywhere near a nuclear plant. And they don't think of the consequences, like energy dependence on other countries (subsequently the import of nuclear energy from France) or the eviction of thousands of people for coal mines or hydropower.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #10253
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin
 
g.spinoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Torino
Posts: 9,505
Likes (Received): 2112

I understand, but do not share, your point.

In any case, referendum in a place like Italy is sometimes the only way to make people's voice count.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #10254
x-type
con los terroristas
 
x-type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bjelovar [HR]
Posts: 13,471
Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
For me, tens or hundreds of different people handling plastic boxes full of pieces of paper is less trustworthy.
they almost always hire me to work on elections here. i was at different voting places around the city and i really don't know how could we cheat. there should be tens of people involved, the whole organized chain.
__________________
Svaki dan sanjam autobahn...
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #10255
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,183

Bucharest, yesterday:

__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #10256
Rebasepoiss
Registered User
 
Rebasepoiss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tallinn
Posts: 5,818
Likes (Received): 1819

True, but then again...everything digitised leaves a mark and it's noticed right away if something goes wrong. We still have regular voting too, of course, which is done on paper. During the last elections, around 20% of voters chose to vote online.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #10257
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin
 
g.spinoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Torino
Posts: 9,505
Likes (Received): 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
True, but then again...everything digitised leaves a mark and it's noticed right away if something goes wrong.
Everything digital can be tampered with almost effortlessly and leaving behind no traces. They said that DVD protection was unsurmountable...
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #10258
Coccodrillo
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 7,200
Likes (Received): 768

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I don't like referendums. Of course, the whole Berlusconi thing was just bizarre, but I don't think you should use binding referendums with questions 95% of the population has no real insight to, especially more technical issues like road construction. For instance, the Swiss canton of Uri voted against a second Gotthard tube. It's bizarre that a few thousand people from a small community can block infrastructure of (inter)national importance. Same with nuclear energy, people most opposed are often living not anywhere near a nuclear plant. And they don't think of the consequences, like energy dependence on other countries (subsequently the import of nuclear energy from France) or the eviction of thousands of people for coal mines or hydropower.
I think the main reason you hate (especially swiss) referendums lies il the underlined phrase (and every referendum against roads)

Anyway Uri voted against his cantonal government proposition to ask the federal government to build a second single lane tube. If the "yes" had won, nothing would have really changed, since any project take decades to be built here. And, if built, the second tunnel would have not increased the number of lanes (then 1+1 or 0+2).
__________________
1.6.2016: Basistunnel!

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #10259
ChrisZwolle
Road user
 
ChrisZwolle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zwolle
Posts: 43,610
Likes (Received): 19397

I often have this problem with pictures that are hosted at Picasa... they randomly do not seem to show. Sometimes others see them, but I don't, or the other way round...

ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #10260
bogdymol
bogdymod
 
bogdymol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 11,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I often have this problem with pictures that are hosted at Picasa... they randomly do not seem to show. Sometimes others see them, but I don't, or the other way round...
Few days ago I bought payed storage at Picasa I like it because it's really easy to upload them from the computer and also easy to get the direct link of each picture.
__________________
Lived, Been, Drove in: A B BG BiH CH CZ D DK E F FIN FL GBZ GR H HR I IRL L M MNE P PL RO RSM S SK SLO SRB UK V
+ Australia, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, United Arab Emirates & United States of America
my clinched highways
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
highways, motorways

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium