daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 11th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #10741
alserrod
Bienvenue Ó Saragosse

Where is that map to clinch?

(JosÚ A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #10742
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Here.

Click on the link that is in my signature to see an example of what is shown when you send a list.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:38 PM   #10743
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

I had a look, and even made a start, but it's simply way too much work. I'm a European Express delivery driver in a van, and I roam the highways of Europe for a living. It's save to say that I've been on every single motorway in Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, UK, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. If I haven't been on every single motorway in France and Germany then I'm only missing out by a few miles. Done most of Spain, Czech and Slovak republics, Hungary and Ireland and additionally I've driven more then one occasion in Slovenia, Croatia, all three Baltic States, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Greece, Romania, Poland... And soon we will start contracting on Turkey, Russia and Morocco.

Have you got any idea how long it's going to take to clinch all this?

Last edited by Road_UK; August 11th, 2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Forgot Portugal. Here it is: Portugal.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:44 PM   #10744
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2115

You don't have to start the project and finish it in one day. You can start when you have some time and progress slowly. Nobody's chasing you, as we say in Italy.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #10745
Road_UK
BANNED

I know, but I'm scared that by the time I've finished, they have started to implement click-able online feed.
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #10746
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2115

I asked them, apparently this is not gonna happen anytime soon.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:52 PM   #10747
Road_UK
BANNED

Pretty soon I will have new laptop. I'll start properly on it then. This computer is too slow. It cracks and it bleebs and it loads, and I don't even know what the hell it's loading, but everything freezes when it does, and I feel this computer is about to explode. If it doesn't explode I probably would have thrown it out of the window, or eaten it or something. Please bare with me, I will have my highways clinched anytime between next week and the end of the world.
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #10748
bogdymol
bogdymod

@Road_UK: take one country each day, so you won't work too hard, but in some 2-3 weeks you should be ready with them
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #10749
Road_UK
BANNED

I will. With countries like Germany and France I probably need more then one day. Having said that, doing Luxembourg is like a day off
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #10750
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I had a look, and even made a start, but it's simply way too much work. I'm a European Express delivery driver in a van, and I roam the highways of Europe for a living. It's save to say that I've been on every single motorway in Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg, UK, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. If I haven't been on every single motorway in France and Germany then I'm only missing out by a few miles. Done most of Spain, Czech and Slovak republics, Hungary and Ireland and additionally I've driven more then one occasion in Slovenia, Croatia, all three Baltic States, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Greece, Romania, Poland... And soon we will start contracting on Turkey, Russia and Morocco.

Have you got any idea how long it's going to take to clinch all this?
Huh... troubles, I believe you will beat my 4668 km mark I have in Spain, I want to retain that mark since I'm a spaniard!
But I want to go further and clinch more kilometers...

BTW, you probably will need more than a day for Spain, simply because all mess of numbers we have!
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Last edited by CNGL; August 12th, 2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old August 12th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #10751
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
BTW, you probably will need more than a day for Spain, simply because all mess of numbers we have!
i have made my trips. i think i haven't enteres all Spanish motorways which i drove, just because of the reason that you have mentioned - mess. and i drove onli La Jonquera - Barcelona, and some motorways in Barcelona region. it took me 45 minutes just to do that.
Old August 12th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #10752
Road_UK
BANNED

I don't think it'll be all that difficult. I've done La Jonquera border and followed the A7 all the way to Gibraltar just for the sake of it. I know there is a shorter route, but my boss thought there might be something out of Barcelona to load. Going down I normally take (and have taken) San Sebastian down to Bilbao, Burgos, Madrid and Toledo. I've done Portugal either via Vigo or Salamanca loads of times, and I've driven from Porto to Barcelona going cross country twice: Once via Madrid and Zaragoza and once via Burgos and Pamplona. That sums it all up really. From San Sebastian to Burgos there are two routes I can take, and done them both loads of time. I don't pay tolls, my boss does, so at times I just don't feel like using the NII. A few years ago I tried using a new motorway that wasn't even built yet, but my Tomtom insisted it was there, so off the motorway for that junction I went and into the middle of a field. Now the motorway is actually there, and it makes going past Burgos easier. It used to be a pain in the ass going through Burgos heading towards Valladolid, but there you have it. And I've driven over that railroad called the A5 a few times from Valencia to Madrid.

Tea anyone?

Last edited by Road_UK; August 12th, 2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old August 12th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #10753
CNGL
Leudimin

E901 (A-3), not E90 Southwest (A-5).
Old August 12th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #10754
Road_UK
BANNED

Sorry yeah A-3.
Old August 12th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #10755
bogdymol
bogdymod

I recommend you to use Google Maps while doing your clinched highways file. I use it to look for the road number.
Old August 12th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #10756
bogdymol
bogdymod

Old August 12th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #10757
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

that made my day
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #10758
Spikespiegel
Used Registrant

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Does that qualify as "drifting" ?
Spikespiegel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #10759
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikespiegel View Post
Does that qualify as "drifting" ?
She was practicing for the world championships, super-light category
Old August 13th, 2011, 02:08 AM   #10760
alserrod
Bienvenue Ó Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I don't think it'll be all that difficult. I've done La Jonquera border and followed the A7 all the way to Gibraltar just for the sake of it. I know there is a shorter route, but my boss thought there might be something out of Barcelona to load.
Going through Madrid is all toll-free motorway except those 90km in the N-II.

They are about 100 km more point to point. Should you want to avoid toll, I recommend it.
Should you are going to travel in "high season", I recommend it too.

Quote:
Going down I normally take (and have taken) San Sebastian down to Bilbao, Burgos, Madrid and Toledo. I've done Portugal either via Vigo or Salamanca loads of times, and I've driven from Porto to Barcelona going cross country twice: Once via Madrid and Zaragoza and once via Burgos and Pamplona.
Porto-Braganša-Zamora-Valladolid-Aranda-Soria-Zaragoza-Barcelona.

Quote:
That sums it all up really. From San Sebastian to Burgos there are two routes I can take, and done them both loads of time. I don't pay tolls, my boss does, so at times I just don't feel like using the NII. A few years ago I tried using a new motorway that wasn't even built yet, but my Tomtom insisted it was there, so off the motorway for that junction I went and into the middle of a field.

Which one?. Maybe someone can tell when it was opened.
In the other hand, I know one motorway that can be useful for avoiding traffic congestions but it appeared in tom-tom and other navigator two years after opening.

Quote:
Tea anyone?

Coffee at this time.... : Cheers:

(JosÚ A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways