daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM   #10821
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

You're most welcome :-)
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #10822
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19411

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Guys, have you heard anything from Verso recently? I'm worried. His last post on SSC was this one, on August 4th:

Quote:
Last Activity: August 6th, 2011 07:19 PM
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #10823
Road_UK
BANNED

You don't really think that he did what he was going to do in his last post, do you?
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #10824
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post

Morning, G.
Lovely day today in Mayrhofen, what about Munich?
It sucks. 28 degrees and sunny all week, but during weekends it turns to 16 and raining

Quote:
Yes, it's the only mirror I can use. I've got a "blind" panel van, but the mirrors are big, and I've got a dead angle mirror underneath it. So it's not a problem.

Thanks. I guess it's just a matter of adjusting and get used to it, indeed.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #10825
bogdymol
bogdymod

I thingk it was harder for Road_UK to drive through Romania (to Cluj), because it's a simple 1+1 road from the Hungarian border. Overtaking with a RHD van on that road is dangerous.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #10826
Road_UK
BANNED

Most dangerous part was driving faster than 30 km/h bypassing that border town, through that industrial estate. I've never even driven on a road like that before, not even in Belgium. Other than that I've overtaken a lot of lorries and gypsy's on horse and carriages - not a problem.
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #10827
bogdymol
bogdymod

You mean Oradea bypass.

It has improved a lot in the recent years, and it will be improved further on on some sections.
Old August 19th, 2011, 10:58 AM   #10828
Road_UK
BANNED

I don't remember that road. I remember going around Oradea on a narrowish very badly surfaced road with fields, some industry and a very strang looking Ceausescu-era building.
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #10829
bogdymol
bogdymod

There are commie blocks at 1:13 and 1:50. If you were comming from RO/H border crossing at Borş and heading to Cluj, bypassing Oradea, you had to take this route, which is on that video (not all of it, just a part). It is 2x2 on some parts only since last year or so, and it will be upgraded to 2x2 on it's entire length.
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #10830
Road_UK
BANNED

No, I remember now, the road I was on about is actually in Bors, and I did use that bypass at Oradea on my way down, and coming back I cut across through the city centre, using the one-way system.
Old August 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #10831
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
How can you post that often on SSC if you are driving so much? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but do you have internet access everytime you stop for resting?

PS: have you started to make your clinched highways file?

I only saw this post just now. I've taken a break - it's quiet in the summer season anyway, but after this weekend I'm on the road again. I will get a new touchscreen phone, so I will keep you updated on my travels and take pictures, getting a new laptop as well, and other than that plenty of internet cafe's to be found, especially at Autohofs in Germany. So you will all be traveling with me. May even start a thread updating you on my journeys, if I get permission from one of the mods...
Tomorrow night I'm going to Holland, on Tuesday I will be in England.
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #10832
Agurv

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
I only saw this post just now. I've taken a break - it's quiet in the summer season anyway, but after this weekend I'm on the road again. I will get a new touchscreen phone, so I will keep you updated on my travels and take pictures, getting a new laptop as well, and other than that plenty of internet cafe's to be found, especially at Autohofs in Germany. So you will all be traveling with me. May even start a thread updating you on my journeys, if I get permission from one of the mods...
Tomorrow night I'm going to Holland, on Tuesday I will be in England.
that must be an interesting job, do you ever get sick of driving though?
Agurv no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 08:13 PM   #10833
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agurv View Post
that must be an interesting job, do you ever get sick of driving though?
Yes, all the time. But if I don't do it for a long time, I get sick not doing it...
Old August 20th, 2011, 02:58 AM   #10834
Pansori
planquadrat

Likes (Received): 6911

Gentlement, I need a quick advice on parking in Munich. I have been to Munich twice before and found it fairly decent in terms or availability of parking (sometimes even free, or so I assumed) not far from central areas. However if I read some online discussions most say that parking situation is very bad blah blah blah. The thing is that I'm planning to be there during the Oktoberfest (first week of October later this year) which will be busy in terms of car traffic. I will try my luck with free parking before going for paid car parks.

Could I simply park the car in this location as seen in the Google streetview (this is near Hilton Park hotel which is near Mitlerer ring and perhaps 15-20 minute walk from main central areas): http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=48.1535...03.61,,0,29.24

I remember I left my car there somewhere overnight last time and it was fine. Also, if this is really free parking are there any more similar spots in Munich within the limits of inner ring where you can just leave your car on the street for free?
Pansori no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2011, 05:11 AM   #10835
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

I thought I should post this here.

Some dude ruined his/her car by driving the car into wet concrete. You would think the orange cones would be a clue.
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #10836
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pansori View Post
Gentlement, I need a quick advice on parking in Munich. I have been to Munich twice before and found it fairly decent in terms or availability of parking (sometimes even free, or so I assumed) not far from central areas. However if I read some online discussions most say that parking situation is very bad blah blah blah. The thing is that I'm planning to be there during the Oktoberfest (first week of October later this year) which will be busy in terms of car traffic. I will try my luck with free parking before going for paid car parks.

Could I simply park the car in this location as seen in the Google streetview (this is near Hilton Park hotel which is near Mitlerer ring and perhaps 15-20 minute walk from main central areas): http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=48.1535...03.61,,0,29.24

I remember I left my car there somewhere overnight last time and it was fine. Also, if this is really free parking are there any more similar spots in Munich within the limits of inner ring where you can just leave your car on the street for free?
I don't use much the car inside the city so I cannot be sure, but free parkings do exist. In front of my house, which is near the umwelt zone limit (but 5 km from the city centre) parking is free.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #10837
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 897

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
I thought I should post this here.

Some dude ruined his/her car by driving the car into wet concrete. You would think the orange cones would be a clue.
Her, in Houston, TX, she was still in the car and waited for the car to be lifted by the police, it was in London edition of the Metro newspaper
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 10:22 PM   #10838
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

still 30°C at 21:22 o'clock in Nova Gorica
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 10:31 PM   #10839
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Same in Šibenik 2 days ago.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 11:01 PM   #10840
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

you had the sea at least
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways