daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 22nd, 2011, 11:40 PM   #10881
Fatfield

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
We had these cars in Slovakia 2 years ago but still there is no street view.
Thats because the gypos pinched the film!
Fatfield no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2011, 11:47 PM   #10882
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatfield View Post
Thats because the gypos pinched the film!
No, now they probably have these cars in the back garden so they can use batteries for their TVs and petrol for heating in winter and how luxury are gonna be these seats in their living rooms!

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:49 AM   #10883
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

TV alert for American roadgeeks: the next season - no. 17 I believe - of (British) Top Gear starts tonight (9 eastern) on BBC America.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 01:03 AM   #10884
alserrod
Bienvenue Ó Saragosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
btw Street View finally comes to Croatia

It is the same Opel Astra it was at Spain some months ago.

(JosÚ A. Labordeta 1935 - 2010)
alserrod no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:27 AM   #10885
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2102

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
But is so funny and ridicoulous in a country like Slovakia, where people get angry when Austrians think of us as criminals but they do same to Romanians and Ukrainians. Well, Slovaks think of UA and Romania like about shit holes, same as Austrians and Germans think of Slovakia. Fair enough lol.
Stereotypes CAN change. In the '90s in Italy the Albanians were the most hated, feared, and were depicted as thieves and rapists (watch the beautiful movie 'Lamerica' and you can see what Italians thought of Albanians). Now almost nobody in Italy share that idea. Albanians are seen as workers and decent people, and they are well integrated into our society.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:28 AM   #10886
bogdymol
bogdymod

What about Romanians?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:33 AM   #10887
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Unfortunately it's vice versa. Before the 90s Italians, frankly, didn't care for Romanians. As I said Italians think that Roms=Romanians so now possibly they are the most feared.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:42 AM   #10888
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Unfortunately it's vice versa. Before the 90s Italians, frankly, didn't care for Romanians. As I said Italians think that Roms Rroms=Romanians so now possibly they are the most feared.
Fixed it for you... again
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:43 AM   #10889
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
What about Romanians?
Italians have a very bad experience about them. If an Italian meets a Romanian, 90% that s/he is a gipsy, living in Italy, not working, etc. (we all know the situation). Almost no chance to learn that there are another kind of people in Romania as well.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM   #10890
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Italians have a very bad experience about them. If an Italian meets a Romanian, 90% that s/he is a gipsy, living in Italy, not working, etc. (we all know the situation). Almost no chance to learn that there are another kind of people in Romania as well.
In fact, most of the Romanians are nice people, but unfortunatelly only the ones doing bad things stand out. The usual Romanian guy, even if he works in Italy he does this without disturbing other citizens so most of the Italians see only our "best" citizens in the news.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:50 AM   #10891
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Fixed it for you... again
I'm just using the Italian word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus View Post
Unfortunately, even if we finally understand that Rroms.not.equal.to.Romanians, there are still Romanians proper who are seen as violent and thieves. And Italian newspapers never fail to mention the nationality of those who commit a crime:

http://milano.corriere.it/milano/not...38579356.shtml

for instance.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:02 AM   #10892
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
I'm just using the Italian word
Untill few years ago they were called țigani (gypsy), but they protested and say that they are Rroms, not gypsies. I don't like this change because Rrom can easly be confused with Romanian.

Quote:
Unfortunately, even if we finally understand that Rroms.not.equal.to.Romanians, there are still Romanians proper who are seen as violent and thieves. And Italian newspapers never fail to mention the nationality of those who commit a crime:

http://milano.corriere.it/milano/not...38579356.shtml

for instance.
I'm not saying that proper Romanians are angels. We all have our bad guys (even you have proper Italians doing bad things; I've even seen on TV Italians doing bad things here, in Romania). I'm just saying that from the Romanian population of my country, just a small percent of the population does nasty things, but a considerably higher percent from the Gypsy population is doing bad things...
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:19 AM   #10893
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Hi guys. I'm back. I managed to get banned for vacation . That surpasses the fact that last year ChrisZwolle passed his vacation "in the brig" (In Brig, Switzerland)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
In SSC Spain is even worse. A forumer passed away a week ago.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:53 AM   #10894
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Hi guys. I'm back. I managed to get banned for vacation . That surpasses the fact that last year ChrisZwolle passed his vacation "in the brig" (In Brig, Switzerland)
Were you really temporarly banned from SSC or you were just joking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
In SSC Spain is even worse. A forumer passed away a week ago.
RIP
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:13 PM   #10895
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
In fact, most of the Romanians are nice people, but unfortunatelly only the ones doing bad things stand out. The usual Romanian guy, even if he works in Italy he does this without disturbing other citizens so most of the Italians see only our "best" citizens in the news.
I agree that Romanians are - in fact - nice people. When I crossed the Hungarian-Romanian border, I showed my passport to cheerfull police officers (different then Austrians, who are as miserable as hell!!!) and in Romania itself the people were very friendly. And you can say what you want about the gypsy's, but among them are the most beautiful women in the world!

But the Romanian gangsters in Italy, Austria and Spain are a bit of a problem. They don't represent their country though.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:19 PM   #10896
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
]And you can say what you want about the gypsy's, but among them are the most beautiful women in the world! ]
Allow me to disagree on this one. I find most of the gypsy women ugly and completely unattractive. Romanian girls are much more nicer. Check this thread on the Romanian SSC section: Hot Romanian Girls
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:25 PM   #10897
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Allow me to disagree on this one. I find most of the gypsy women ugly and completely unattractive. Romanian girls are much more nicer. Check this thread on the Romanian SSC section: Hot Romanian Girls
I'll never forget this particular girl I saw when I was there. She had a long dress, flowers in her beautiful long black hair, and the most beautiful smile ever. Bare feet. She smiled at me as I was overtaking. She was sitting on the back of a carriage, pulled by a donkey.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:26 PM   #10898
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

I must agree with bogdymol. 100% of Romaný girls and women I saw are ugly, obese and dirty.
Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:53 PM   #10899
nenea_hartia
Skeptic

Likes (Received): 233

Quote:
I must agree with bogdymol. 100% of Romaný girls and women I saw are ugly, obese and dirty.
+1
I don't know where the legend about their beauty comes from. It might be possible to see some beautiful girls among them, but so far I couldn't find one.
nenea_hartia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 01:11 PM   #10900
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Quote:
Were you really temporarly banned from SSC or you were just joking?
Yes, I was temporally banned from SSC, because I said the forumer that passed away died at the same age as some famous musicians, like Jimi Hendrix or Amy Winehouse. And in middle of that I went away for vacation.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways