daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 18th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #11941
void0
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2870

Would look stylish if it is grey, but those awful colours... Still something comparing to neighbouring Afganistan
void0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #11942
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21239

It is really bad the Asian ex-USSR republics, for most of it, didn't clean up and didn't eradicate symbols of communism like the Baltic states, Georgia, Ukraine etc.
Old December 18th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #11943
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 892

Thats pretty cool .
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #11944
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

I can see that we still haven't reached the level of high developed Russia, they even have tables at bus stops!

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #11945
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
It is really bad the Asian ex-USSR republics, for most of it, didn't clean up and didn't eradicate symbols of communism like the Baltic states, Georgia, Ukraine etc.
Maybe they kept them as historical memorials. There are still fascist symbols in Italy, kept for that purpose even if fascism is outlawed in Italy.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=990555
And hammer and sickle is still legally adopted by left wing extremists in western countries:

The pic above is merely informative and doesn't have any propaganda aim. I personally dislikes both far right and far left extremists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
I can see that we still haven't reached the level of high developed Russia, they even have tables at bus stops!
Even in western world we usually don't have tables at bus stops, sometimes even benches are missing.

Last edited by italystf; December 18th, 2011 at 10:06 PM.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #11946
Suburbanist
on the road

Whenever I see anything the PCI symbol, I remind me of how they pushed a death and terror campaign in Italy, including many "stragi" and the horrendous death of a PM in 1978! And I'm sick to think I have some friends who honestly think Marx had/has answers for anything now that the country is in a deep financial crisis.
Old December 19th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #11947
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist
Whenever I see anything the PCI symbol, I remind me of how they pushed a death and terror campaign in Italy, including many "stragi" and the horrendous death of a PM in 1978! And I'm sick to think I have some friends who honestly think Marx had/has answers for anything now that the country is in a deep financial crisis.
You should have the same horror feeling when you see swastikas or fasci littori. Although ideologically opposited, they brought the same things in Europe during the 20th century: wars, death, repression and povertry. And "stragi" in Italy between 1969 and the 80s were made both by red and black terrorists.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old December 19th, 2011, 01:39 AM   #11948
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Even in western world we usually don't have tables at bus stops, sometimes even benches are missing.
Not even time-table...
Old December 19th, 2011, 02:08 AM   #11949
italystf

Quote:
Those countries are still underdeveloped and ruled by antidemocratic or half-democratic governments. I think they have most serious problems than this bus stop that is no more than a curious thing that who go to Dushanbe see and photograph.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old December 19th, 2011, 04:22 AM   #11950
il brutto
Registriran uporabnik

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
There are still fascist symbols in Italy, kept for that purpose even if fascism is outlawed in Italy.
I remember seeing "viva il duce" in Padova a few years ago, my memory says it was in the courtyard of university, on this wall maybe, but I'll have to check my photos.
---
Like in many other places everywhere around the word, there are also fasces in Ljubljana, thanks to Austrians (presidential and government HQ) and, indirectly, French, here's a website with pictures, fighting against these "fascist symbols of state authority".

Last edited by il brutto; December 19th, 2011 at 04:34 AM.
il brutto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 04:29 AM   #11951
Suburbanist
on the road

Quote:
You should have the same horror feeling when you see swastikas or fasci littori. Although ideologically opposited, they brought the same things in Europe during the 20th century: wars, death, repression and povertry. And "stragi" in Italy between 1969 and the 80s were made both by red and black terrorists.
Sure!

But I don't think any political party uses swastikas, and the use of fascist allusions is heavily frowned upon, whereas communists symbols kept seen as "cool" or "alternative".
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:02 AM   #11952
italystf

Quote:

Sure!

But I don't think any political party uses swastikas, and the use of fascist allusions is heavily frowned upon, whereas communists symbols kept seen as "cool" or "alternative".
Hammer and sickle is illegal in some eastern countries such Hungary, Poland and the Baltics. That's because they suffered for the real comunism.
Old December 19th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #11953
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Soo, handball world championships are over (congratulations for Norway, world champions). I'll have time again for SSC :-)
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:46 PM   #11954
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2102

Meanwhile in Russia... someone needs a new pair of pants:
http://video.repubblica.it/mondo/il-...ge/84037/82427
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #11955
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Hammer and sickle is illegal in some eastern countries such Hungary, Poland and the Baltics. That's because they suffered for the real comunism.
so Austrian coat of arms is also illegal there?
Old December 19th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #11956
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Slippery roads in The Netherlands cause a car crash and multiple near misses:

keokiracer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #11957
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
so Austrian coat of arms is also illegal there?
Of course!!! The idiot was austrian.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #11958
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

Before you kill me guys, just kidding.
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2011, 08:57 PM   #11959
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
NIMBYs are no new species. In 1839 (that is right), they were already campaigning against new railroads in Pennsylvania

I've been away for a couple of weeks, so sorry if this is late, but may I point out that the issue here wasn't just "a railroad in Pennsylvania" but a railroad running down a main street in a major city? (I've seen that poster in local-history books, by the way...)

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL

Last edited by Penn's Woods; December 19th, 2011 at 09:30 PM.
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #11960
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Meanwhile in Northern Slovakia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali18 View Post
Kuriózna situácia 19.12.11 na Kragujevskej ulici (E50/E75/18). Našťastie sa to drevo zosypalo na mieste, ktoré sa dalo obísť:

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways