daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 21st, 2012, 11:38 AM   #12281
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9161

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielFigFoz View Post
Portuguese for 'go' is 'vai' (2nd person and in the present)
I know this... from this:

Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2012, 08:06 PM   #12282
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 898

What the **** is that??
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2012, 08:59 PM   #12283
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

vaaaaaiii.... vaaaaiiii.... vai, vai, vai, vai...
Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:03 AM   #12284
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

A snow picture:
Today morning in Alpe d'Huez (France) after about 1 m of snow fall in 24 hours:

(partly cleaned car is mine)
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:17 PM   #12285
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

Congratulation to Croatia, set to join EU next year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16670298
Given the present crisis, I don't know if it is a smart move, though.
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2012, 11:22 PM   #12286
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

The crisis is a eurozone debt crisis, not necessarily an EU one. Croatia should've joined in 2007 or even 2004 anyway.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:59 AM   #12287
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Is it true that this was the first referendum in Croatia since 1991? We've had 12 of them since then.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 05:32 AM   #12288
il brutto
Registriran uporabnik

Likes (Received): 1

True. In Croatia 10% of voters are needed to demand a referendum, in Slovenia only about 2.34% (40,000). Also a third of MPs (i.e. opposition in the parliament) or the upper house can demand it.
il brutto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:07 AM   #12289
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

And there where no referendums at all in Bulgaria since 1946, when on a set-up by Soviet occupators referendum communists abolished monarchy and sent the king in exile... And there was something like a referendum in 1971, when in the constitution was added the so called Article 1, saying that the Bulgarian Communist Party is the leading force in the country and no other party can rule.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 10:59 AM   #12290
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio
And there where no referendums at all in Bulgaria since 1946, when on a set-up by Soviet occupators referendum communists abolished monarchy and sent the king in exile... And there was something like a referendum in 1971, when in the constitution was added the so called Article 1, saying that the Bulgarian Communist Party is the leading force in the country and no other party can rule.
I can imagine how honest this referendum was and how your people were freely allowed to express their opinion.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:36 AM   #12291
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Ironically, the same persons, by the time students of sociology, politology etc. in 1971, who created Article 1 and the discussions in the party, that led to the so called "referendum" on the new constitution, were the politicians in 1985-1989 that made the movements in the communist party that led to the changes in 1989 and the abolition of Article 1...

As for 1946, supporters of the monarchy were repressed, all officials from before the occupation were sent to jail or worse - killed without being even judged... A cousin of my gradfather for example was chief police inspector of the town Kazanlak and when the Soviets and the new communist rule came, they took him from his home in front of wife and children and shot him dead otside the town.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM   #12292
italystf

In Italy we say "Bulgarian majority" when the great majority votes in the same way because of the lack of democratic debate or intimidations towards who votes against the government.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:02 PM   #12293
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

But of course, this was the situation until 10.10.1989... It was typical on elections during the communist regime that the Communist Party won 99% of the votes and the remaining 1% was for the "Fatherland Front" which was something like a derrivate of the same...
Since the changes no political party has won more than 40-45% at elections.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:32 PM   #12294
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The crisis is a eurozone debt crisis, not necessarily an EU one. Croatia should've joined in 2007 or even 2004 anyway.
I don't think that Croatia has the power to negotiate an opt-out like UK and Denmark did... for the times coming EU pretty much equals euro.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:54 PM   #12295
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza

I don't think that Croatia has the power to negotiate an opt-out like UK and Denmark did... for the times coming EU pretty much equals euro.
But I don't think it will adopt euro soon, but few years later, the same for Schengen membership.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:59 PM   #12296
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Yes, when Croatia will have to adopt the euro the eurozone is either broken up or the problems are behind us by that time.

Personally I hope the eurozone remains because it's freaking convenient for frequent international travelers.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 02:27 PM   #12297
radi6404

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
Ironically, the same persons, by the time students of sociology, politology etc. in 1971, who created Article 1 and the discussions in the party, that led to the so called "referendum" on the new constitution, were the politicians in 1985-1989 that made the movements in the communist party that led to the changes in 1989 and the abolition of Article 1...

As for 1946, supporters of the monarchy were repressed, all officials from before the occupation were sent to jail or worse - killed without being even judged... A cousin of my gradfather for example was chief police inspector of the town Kazanlak and when the Soviets and the new communist rule came, they took him from his home in front of wife and children and shot him dead otside the town.
Bulgaria really started to improve the last two years, I see law movements which really make me happy. All shops have to connect their counters directly to the tax office for example, very good move. Also some other things that happening are very good, the government does not leave much room for criminalism anymore and will connect much mroe taxes that way.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 03:03 PM   #12298
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Yes, when Croatia will have to adopt the euro the eurozone is either broken up or the problems are behind us by that time.
If eurozone breaks up, so does the EU, and Croatia would have put its efforts into joining for nothing. I think Croatia should have requested a delay, see how the debt crisis is going to solve itself (one way or the other) and then decide whether to access EU or not.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 03:25 PM   #12299
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Even so, aligning laws en economic / environmental standards with the rest of the EU is still useful. Plus Croatia can now apply for structural EU funds, though I don't think they'll gain as much as Poland or Romania did.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 04:53 PM   #12300
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I got a little repair this weekend, the left front brake didn't release properly, so the wheel couldn't turn around freely if lifted from the ground, so while driving it sometimes gives a high squeaky sound, causing people to turn their heads. So I went to the garage (kwik-fit) and they worked on it for 45 minutes and it was FREE. I couldn't believe my ears Didn't have to pay a dime. Glad I didn't go to the official Renault dealer who would've charged me € 40 easily.

Tags
highways, motorways