daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 17th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #12621
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18308

I also parked the car in a Belgrade outside payed parking place, and forgot one window opened for the whole day, and nothing happend .
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #12622
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Several year ago I had a Lada 1200s car. It was my first car (bought by my father as the car was 10 years old). This car had no remote keys of course so you had to put the key into the lock and turn it in order to lock the car.
Once I went shopping, locked my car in the parking area of the shopping center but left the key in the lock! I couldn't believe it was not stolen.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #12623
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

I received a funny SMS today. I was supposed to meet with my friend on a drink, but then two hours before she sends me an SMS: "Hi, see you another time, I have to give birth."
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #12624
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Old February 17th, 2012, 06:15 PM   #12625
bogdymol
bogdymod

There was no damage to the car except the broken windscreen wipers (which were broken clearly on purpose). The windscreen was no affected. The new wipers were about 10 €.

I called the police, they came, took few pictures, had a look, I gave a statement, but they said that it's almost impossible to prove who did this, even though I have some suspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
I received a funny SMS today. I was supposed to meet with my friend on a drink, but then two hours before she sends me an SMS: "Hi, see you another time, I have to give birth."
Nice one

Is it a boy or a girl?
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #12626
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Nice one

Is it a boy or a girl?
It's a boy, but I've forgotten the name.
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #12627
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19410

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
The new wipers were about 10 €.
I usually change the wipers once a year because otherwise you can't clean the window well enough for photography. I think the last time I paid about € 35 for a set of wipers. Dutch labor is much more expensive, I mean walking 20 meters from the warehouse to the counter to get the wipers surely explains the € 20+ price difference.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #12628
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2115

Did you know she was pregnant and close to the time?
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #12629
il brutto
Registriran uporabnik

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I usually change the wipers once a year because otherwise you can't clean the window well enough for photography. I think the last time I paid about € 35 for a set of wipers. Dutch labor is much more expensive, I mean walking 20 meters from the warehouse to the counter to get the wipers surely explains the € 20+ price difference.
In Slovenia they cost about €8, in Austria around €15.
il brutto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #12630
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9157

After so many Slovene jokes, let's move a bit to the East, but to stay in ex-Yugoslavia:

Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #12631
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

My windscreen wipers were stolen last winter in the local P+R equipment at the railway station. I was lucky to realize they were stolen before starting them (it was a medium snow fall) so the windscreen itself was not damaged.
A new set of wipers had a price of 4,700 forint (€16 at current rates).
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #12632
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Likes (Received): 110

The best dashboard! But I miss trollface...I would put it in high temperature
Satyricon84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #12633
bogdymol
bogdymod

I think that someone might be watching me. Here is what wireless networks were in range at the hotel I stayed for New Year in Budapest

------------------------------------------

Shoveling snow game

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog

Last edited by bogdymol; February 17th, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #12634
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by il brutto View Post
In Slovenia they cost about €8, in Austria around €15.
i am sure that in each country you can buy wipers both for 5€ and for 40€. in HR non-name wipers in supermarkets cost from 5€ (set), branded wipers start from 8-10€ (per piece), higher class (branded of course) cost from 20€ per piece, and those aero-something branded things cost about 40-50€ for a set.

i usually use branded (Bosch, Valeo, Champion) wipers for cca 10€ a piece. once i bought Valeo Silencio (that would be higher class), it costed cca 17€ for a piece, but it was a masterpiece of wiper!
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #12635
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

If you're Dutch you will hear a lot of cursing

At the ferry to Texel (yes, we're on holiday now ) someone in front of us had seriously had to get the money for the ferry out of her trunk... Thank you for your stupid action, thanks to her we had to wait 30 mins for the next ferry. We were just in time, but she ruined it all

keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #12636
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Did you know she was pregnant and close to the time?
Yeah, I knew, but it's about two weeks too early. At least he won't be born on 29th February.
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #12637
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

I need some help, I want to buy a Gebrauchtwagen here, budget until 5000 euros, if it works fine for 2-3 years it's perfect, also it should be capable of doing longer trips (to Romania).
I saw today evening near my place, a Seat Leon - details in link.
I'm thinking on calling that number, maybe do a test drive. What's your opinion? About this model, about the price? I found that Seat cars at the same price with VW Golf seem to be more recently built (2000-2002 for Golf, and 2003-2004 for Seat).
If it's not the right thread, please redirect me.
Old February 18th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #12638
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer
If you're Dutch you will hear a lot of cursing

At the ferry to Texel (yes, we're on holiday now ) someone in front of us had seriously had to get the money for the ferry out of her trunk... Thank you for your stupid action, thanks to her we had to wait 30 mins for the next ferry. We were just in time, but she ruined it all

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1KDsG4Mhyw">YouTube Link</a>

When we were returning by bus from a trip to Austria we stopped in the first Autogrill on A23 but they left us only 15 mins. The time was expiring while I reached the counter to pay a single item. In front of me I had a old lady with a bag full of stuff to pay so I politely asked her to let me before because I was late for the bus. She started insulting and cursing me with absolutely no reason. And they say that young generations are rude...
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:12 AM   #12639
Nordic20T

Likes (Received): 55

@ cinxxx
What about that? VOLVO V40 1.9D
Nordic20T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2012, 02:28 AM   #12640
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic20T View Post
@ cinxxx
What about that? VOLVO V40 1.9D
Seems that one is for exporters only.
Anyway, I don't want to make advertising for car dealers and web sites, maybe not all forumers would like that .
I was asking for tips, maybe experiences some of you had, I posted that car, cause it seems to suit me just right for what I would need now, something in the Golf, Leon, A3, Fabia class (I think ).
For me it's all new, I never owned a car before, until I moved to Germany, I used my fathers car, aa Dacia Logan 1.6L, that was bought 6 six years ago, as a new car and it has under 40.000 km driven.

Tags
highways, motorways