daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 18th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #12641
il brutto
Registriran uporabnik

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
New classic of cycling, Tour Slovenije: it's not a stage race but a 1-day one.
There's also the non-stop Race around Slovenia, but it also a bit longer, e.g. in 2010 the winner needed 42h 41min for 1231 km (and the last placed 27th needed 69h 50min)
il brutto no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #12642
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

translation: You have blocked the gate. Thank you!
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #12643
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Likes (Received): 110

Accident in Ostia (I).

Satyricon84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #12644
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2628

This is why BMW drivers are total idiots in traffic
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 12:25 AM   #12645
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 01:09 AM   #12646
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Car with eye lashes
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 09:42 PM   #12647
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post
If you're Dutch you will hear a lot of cursing

At the ferry to Texel (yes, we're on holiday now ) someone in front of us had seriously had to get the money for the ferry out of her trunk... Thank you for your stupid action, thanks to her we had to wait 30 mins for the next ferry. We were just in time, but she ruined it all

She did not go for the money, but for the printed boarding ticked that the machine had to scan... Probably if you stayed in the row, you would get on board...
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 09:56 PM   #12648
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
She did not go for the money, but for the printed boarding ticked that the machine had to scan...
You can't order those tickets on the internet! Only at the ferry:
Quote:
No, we do not accept reservations for crossings. Reservations are not necessary anyway: On busy days TESO increases the capacity and frequency of the ferry service. During the season and in the holiday periods waiting times may occur once in a while. Please check our list of additional sailings and waiting times.

Quote:
Probably if you stayed in the row, you would get on board...
No, she was standing 8 cars behind us in the line. and it wasn't busy at all. Which means she was there for like 5 more mins! We missed the boat by 30 secs Luckily we weren't behind her on the ferry, because she ended up behind us on Texel. She quickly disappeared in our mirrors. She was driving like 60 where you're allowed to drive 80.
Old February 21st, 2012, 11:44 PM   #12649
Surel

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post
You can't order those tickets on the internet! Only at the ferry:
Sure you can buy them on internet and print them out. The only think you do at the ferry is that you put them to the scanner. At least thats what I have done last time I went to Texel. I thought she just went for the ticket, because thats how it looks on the video. Well, then you had bad luck . I remember we boarded the boat as one of the last cars . Luckily the Tom Tom counted the time quite correctly and there was no waiting time for us.
Old February 21st, 2012, 11:53 PM   #12650
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Quote:
Sure you can buy them on internet and print them out. The only think you do at the ferry is that you put them to the scanner. At least thats what I have done last time I went to Texel. I thought she just went for the ticket, because thats how it looks on the video.
Didn't know that, maybe something for the next time we go
BTW: When you print out a ticket, you shouldn't put it in a suitcase or something like that. You should keep it near you, so you can find it easily and just give it at the booth, instead of stressing and needing to search while holding up others. We always start searching for money just before the last junction. We always have the money ready when we're at the booth.

Quote:
Well, then you had bad luck . I remember we boarded the boat as one of the last cars . Luckily the Tom Tom counted the time quite correctly and there was no waiting time for us.
We had that once too, we were with 3 cars (family trip ) and we ll barely squeezed onto the Dokter Wagemaker II (newest ship). We were literally standing less than 1 cm away from the car in front. But hey, at least we didn't had to wait like the time before when there was a huge snowstorm that held our last car up. We had to wait 30 mins and then go to De Cocksdorp (north of the island) when there was like 20 cms of snow. That took us just over 1 hour: normal that's 25 mins.
Old February 24th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #12651
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2086

According to data from local police of Pisa province, in the last 3 years 125 licenses have been revoked to elderly people (70+) because of extreme high velocity. All of them have been determined by speed trap (autovelox), which in Italy takes only a pic of the plate, not the driver. There is STRONG suspicion, head of the police says, that all of them are covering up for their grandsons, nephews, sons etc
http://www.corriere.it/cronache/12_f...8cfc8ce3.shtml
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #12652
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19363

Can you revoke a license based on license plate evidence only? I thought they need to pull drivers over or at least photograph the driver, like in Germany.

The owner of a vehicle may not have necessarily been the driver who made the offense.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #12653
bogdymol
bogdymod

In Romania we have the same problem. If you get caught breaking the law and you are not stopped exactly in that moment, the owner of the car receives a letter from the Police at home and he has to declare all the data of the person who drove the car in that moment. Of course, if the offence you made is a major one the driving licence will be revoqued to the person the owner declares, not the car owner. So it's very easy for the owner to declare that the car was driven by someone else (usually someone that doesn't drive a lot) so he can avoid the licence suspension.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #12654
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Exactly.
Old February 24th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #12655
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19363

So you are not sure you punish the one who made the offense. That sounds like a major undermining of the judicial system to me. If something like that would occur in high-profile court cases...
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #12656
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
So you are not sure you punish the one who made the offense. That sounds like a major undermining of the judicial system to me. If something like that would occur in high-profile court cases...
Unfortunately this is true. It's one of the most infuriating things about Italy.
Old February 24th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #12657
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
In Estonia, the owner of the car has to have a record of who uses his/her car for 30 days. Speed cameras also take photos so if the person driving the car isn't the owner, it's the owner's responsibility to know who was driving and report it to police. If you don't, you will have to pay the fine yourself. But that's just a warning fine, pretty much, so it doesn't show up in your records.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #12658
bogdymol
bogdymod

Guess the highway

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 04:20 PM   #12659
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2262

- Probably shocked by the gas prices
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:03 PM   #12660
Surel

Up until half year or so the owner of a card in CZ could come with excuse that the car was driven by "close person" which gives you the right to not state the name of the person to the authorities (like in a case of criminal offence, it could be a wife or close relative and you are excused from snitching on them) and thus you could completaly avoid the fine, if the authorities could not identify the driver, just by statiting that it was "close person" behind the wheel and not you.

This is now changed and the owner is more or less responsible anyway, thus if he doesnt identify the driver, he pays the fine. The police can seize the driving licence only after an (serious) offence and that means directly from the owner. The driving licence can be lost also due to the cumulative 12 points on your name in the offences database.

Tags
highways, motorways