daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 7th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #13121
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Would ride a bit and try to figure out which road is more traveled, or goes down an inhabited area. With such weather, other traffic is probably lifting some dirt up in the air.
Actually we counted number of tracks. On better road there were two pick-ups and on worse road about ten motorcycles. So we chose worse road and it was correct decision despite it got much worse later on, because rivers crossings were without bridges and some trees blocked the dirt road which was more walking route in some places. First village appeared two hours later.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #13122
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
From a Slovenian newspaper. Map of Italy. :facepalm:

http://www.delo.si/novice/svet/leto-...arcevanja.html
Wow, the guys from your country want to be part of Italy. And I like how Slovenians name the UK: "Old Britain".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
Easter in Tallinn - snow and -2C
Well, yesterday it snowed in Valladolid too. And it is located at 41şN!
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #13123
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

what do you guys think about the thread, where we would tell what kind of jobs or professions do we have. or this is too 'DLM' like...?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #13124
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Today I found my first Cypriot euro coin (10c). I never saw in real life coins from San Marino, Monaco and Estonia.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #13125
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
And I like how Slovenians name the UK: "Old Britain".

Old Britain?
Old April 7th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #13126
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
From a Slovenian newspaper. Map of Italy. :facepalm:
Welcome, brothers!

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #13127
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275

Welcome, brothers!
Lubiana e' nostra!
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old April 7th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #13128
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Today I found my first Cypriot euro coin (10c). I never saw in real life coins from San Marino, Monaco and Estonia.
I have somewhere an 500 lira (lire?) coin of San Marino.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #13129
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
You almost don't note that very little difference
I think it sticks out quite a bit. Maybe I wouldn't notice if it was put between Sicily and Calabria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I like how Slovenians name the UK: "Old Britain".
No, "Velika Britanija" is Great Britain ("Old Britain" would be called "Stara Britanija"). UK is called "Združeno kraljestvo", but we use (Velika) Britanija much more often.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #13130
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus
I have somewhere an 500 lira (lire?) coin of San Marino.
Lire from San Marino were quite common in Italy until 2002. On the countrary, euros from that country are very rare in circulation even in San Marino itself. BTW, I found 2 50c coins from Vatican. You cannot find Vatican coins other than 50c.
Old April 7th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #13131
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

in France there are mainly spanish and german coins. beside french ones of course.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #13132
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

I spotted this car in Prague 2 days ago

(pic is not mine)

That looked very ugly, certainly in a city like Prague.
keokiracer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #13133
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg
in France there are mainly spanish and german coins. beside french ones of course.
In northern Italy the most common foreign coins are Austrian, followed by German, French, Spanish and Slovenian.
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #13134
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9122

When I've been to northern Italy several times during last years, I wondered about origin of so big amount of Spanish coins there - because I've met maybe a few Spaniards...

italystf - wait for rush of Polish coins, when Poland finally join to euroland

I've seen just one Cypriot coin - 1€ in my uncle's collection.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #13135
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Haha, I have also one. And I keep a €0.10 coin from Slovenia too, got soon after Verso's country got into the eurozone in 2007.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #13136
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_
italystf - wait for rush of Polish coins, when Poland finally join to euroland
Around 2015?
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #13137
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Hard to say. They're bigger priorities here now. We should reform more important things, like retiring system, organise Euro 2012 as well as it's possible and finally explain the reasons of Smoleńsk's disaster... I guess Poland and Czech Republic will be the last members of euroland from countries of new EU.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:05 PM   #13138
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_
Hard to say. They're bigger priorities here now. We should reform more important things, like retiring system, organise Euro 2012 as well as it's possible and finally explain the reasons of Smoleńsk's disaster... I guess Poland and Czech Republic will be the last members of euroland from countries of new EU.
After Romania and Bulgaria? I though CZ was more developed than most of former communist countries.
Old April 9th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #13139
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Maybe after - Czech and Poland aren't even in ERM II group now. Entering euroland is not caused by some level of development - all new members should only execute some requirements which take sure of their stabilisation. About Czech development - they have bigger GDP per capita than Portugal, but I can't see its advantage over Poland, Slovakia or Hungary - these countries are at comparable step, I think. In my opinion the only visibly richer post-communistic country of new EU is Slovenia.

Old April 9th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #13140
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Following the current euro-crisis, all non-euro nations stepped back, some nations even two or three steps. Many people now think that introducing euro currency = providing several millon euros for Greece just for nothing, and of course people don't think it is desirable for us.
So I don't think any non-euro nations in Europe are in a great hurry to change currency.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways