daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #13441
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Meanwhile in Slovakia

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #13442
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
At Ljubljana airport it's free for 15 min in parking lots (used to be 30 min). I don't know about the lowest price, but €2 seems quite a lot to me (who needs parking for 3 hours anyway?). I don't get why you have to pay in the first place. You're already doing them a favour by flying from their airport (shopping centres also have parking free of charge).
airport shuttles cost from 5€ on per direction (in more famous cities that amount is multiplied). in Madrid they will charge you extra fee for using metro and taking exit at Barajas. each kg of extra baggage costs you as hell. some companies (even regular, not lcc) have started to charge each piece of bagagge. food, coffee, water, anything that you could eat or drink makes you instantly not hungry nor thirsty at the airport. if you have to park your car for a week, you could take a loan.
and after all you are complaining for 2€ parking fee, which is regular fee at most of parking lots in the Europe.
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #13443
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19376

Meanwhile in the Netherlands.

image hosted on flickr

N7 Sneek truck accidente by Chriszwolle, on Flickr

This joke cost me 10 minutes. One lane was closed.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #13444
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

I just checked, and at Ljubljana airport it's free up to 30 min.

Today I took my father to Ljubljana outskirts, he went by bus to Brussels, London and Amsterdam. It turns out 2 passengers were still missing, so the bus waited for 5 minutes. The funny thing is they arrived at the hour of departure, but instead of jumping out of their car and informing them they're finally there, they were phlegmatically unpacking their baggage behind the bus, so no one even knew they had arrived (I noticed them, but I thought they were going somewhere else). Then they phlegmatically knocked on the bus's door when it already started moving 5 minutes after the scheduled departure. Just unbelievable. 5 seconds later, and they would stay at home.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #13445
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
@bogdymol: how's the weather in Orosháza?
I will let the pics to speak:

As you can see the weather was nice.

It was extremely crowded here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenea_hartia View Post
Do we get a road film when you come back?
Nope, no road films this time. The route was this one. The Romanian part is all in good condition, but the Hungarian part of the road was good (first half) and very bad and full of potholes (second half). Also, the border crossing check is a joke. At the return trip I wasn't checked at the border... they just waved all the cars to cross.

PS: I might to a road film in about one week in Belgrade
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #13446
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9137

There are few lots outside the parking at Sofia Airport where you can stop to drop someone or take someone from the airport, but you cannot leave the car (I mean driver must be there). But on busy days all these lots are busy...
Entering the parking underneath has no free minutes - you pay for every hour 3 leva which is approx €1.50. Which means compared with Zagrebs €2 for 3 hours, at Sofia Airport for 3 hours you have to pay €4.50.

Chris, at your pic there is very nice retro car on the side of the crash, what is it?

Last edited by Chilio; April 27th, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #13447
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

The weather here is messed up again. A few days ago it snowed, today it was 28°C.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #13448
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

heh, bogdymol has always nice holidays.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #13449
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
The weather here is messed up again. A few days ago it snowed, today it was 28°C.
Here weather is crazy, too. Some days ago there was 27ºC in Zaragoza, now it's raining, and now (12:53 UTC+2) it's sunny with some clouds. Something is wrong...
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Last edited by CNGL; April 29th, 2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Update
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #13450
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Yesterday record temperature in Bavaria for April, over 30 degrees
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #13451
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2101

Just got back from my crazy trip. Feels like I travelled an entire continent, instead of just one nation. 2680 km in 1 week, 11 towns (Castelplanio, Scerni, Fossacesia, San Vito Chietino, Sava, Otranto, Terracina, Sperlonga, Sabaudia, Castiglione del Lago, Signa) 3 seas (Adriatic, Jonian, Thyrrenian), 2 lakes (Lago di Sabaudia and Lago Trasimeno) and a variety of climates (from rainy 14°C in Sava to sunny 34°C in Signa).

Got lots of pics but still have to download and sort them out.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 01:17 AM   #13452
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Nice trips guys, I made some just in Slovakia , hopefully I will go to Prague and Budapest soon, then I am going to Croatia in about 2 months, hopefuly also Milan and London this summer as the flight ticket prices are so low. Milan from 20€ and London from 50€.

Btw, meanwhile in Bratislava... Green street (Zelená ulica) is green -

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #13453
x-type
con los terroristas

i will probably spend the main part of my vacation at turisticly unexposed island Lastovo and i am planning to visit Romania if i will have enough means in budget for it.
Old April 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #13454
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i will probably spend the main part of my vacation at turisticly unexposed island Lastovo and i am planning to visit Romania if i will have enough means in budget for it.
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #13455
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
yep, but i repeat - if the budget would let me to do it. i shoud spare some money for a new car.
btw, don't be dissapointed if I visit Romania - No1 locations to visit there for me are Transfăgărăşan (finally learnt how to spell it!) and Danube delta. so not really urban areas
Old April 30th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #13456
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
yep, but i repeat - if the budget would let me to do it. i shoud spare some money for a new car.
btw, don't be dissapointed if I visit Romania - No1 locations to visit there for me are Transfăgărăşan (finally learnt how to spell it!) and Danube delta. so not really urban areas
Ah, and I hoped to advertise my hometown, Timisoara .
Anyway, those destinations are really great, but since the lack of many motorways, you will pass through lots of urban areas, and some could be worth a short stop.
And if you already plan Transfăgărăşan, you could also check out the Transalpina.

You can fin lots of pictures of all those in my Flickr account:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2710833...7629557079667/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/2710833...7629535220815/
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #13457
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Here's a gem for you. An (almost) 360° picture I took myself on the belvedere in San Vito Chietino (province of Chieti):

Left part of the image you can see a couple viaducts of A14 motorway, with mighty Majella mountains covered in snow in the background; in the center-left, you can see the new part of Adriatic Railway, built in 2005 to replace the old part which was too close to the seaside; in the center part, the town of Marina di San Vito with SS16 road, along the coast; also in the center, just left of those 5 buildings near the seaside, you can see a bridge of the old railway, which I think will be converted into bike path; the pier with 2 trabocchi, old wooden structures used to fish; on the right part of the coast, another lonely trabocco; if you look at the bottom part of the image, far left and far right, you can also see a section of Sangritana Railway, which leads to Lanciano and the center of Abruzzo.

Last edited by g.spinoza; April 30th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #13458
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Here's a gem for you. An (almost) 360° picture I took myself on the belvedere in San Vito Chietino (province of Chieti):

Left part of the image you can see a couple viaducts of A14 motorway, with mighty Majella mountains covered in snow in the background; in the center-left, you can see the new part of Adriatic Railway, built in 2005 to replace the old part which was too close to the seaside; in the center part, the town of Marina di San Vito with SS16 road, along the coast; also in the center, just left of those 5 buildings near the seaside, you can see a bridge of the old railway, which I think will be converted into bike path; the pier with 2 trabocchi, old wooden structures used to fish; on the right part of the coast, another lonely trabocco; if you look at the bottom part of the image, far left and far right, you can also see a section of Sangritana Railway, which leads to Lanciano and the center of Abruzzo.

Error (403)
It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #13459
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

dammit. Gimme a minute to fix.

EDIT: What about now?
Old April 30th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #13460
bogdymol
bogdymod

Yeah, it works now. Nice! What software did you use?

Tags
highways, motorways