daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 30th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #13461
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

I used Hugin which is fairly straightforward to use. Autostitch can give better results, but it's more complicated and it's not free.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #13462
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Didn't here about Hugin before, but look nice.
I used the free tool Windows Live Photo Gallery until now.

Anyway, great shot
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:07 AM   #13463
Jeroen669

Likes (Received): 13

Bad news for drugs tourists in the Netherlands: from today on you can't buy drugs anymore unless you're a dutch citizen in the three southern provinces. This will apply for the whole country by Januar 2013.

http://www.new-rules.eu/

Last edited by Jeroen669; May 13th, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
Jeroen669 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:42 AM   #13464
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
if you look at the bottom part of the image, far left and far right, you can also see a section of Sangritana Railway, which leads to Lanciano and the center of Abruzzo.
What's the rail station name? It seems a decently wide one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen669 View Post
Bad news for drugs tourists in the Netherlands: from today on you can't buy drugs anymore unless you're a dutch citizen in the three southern provinces. This will apply for the whole country bij Januar 2013.

http://www.new-rules.eu/
I don't think it's a bad thing. I've been hearing, for 25 years, descriptions of Amsterdam as a sort of casbah where everything is permitted, thus attracting every sort of young euro-white-trash.
Then I got there, to discover a beautiful and big city which has its classic center ruined and disturbed by hords of young euro-white-trash who think they're in a sort of Disneyland for grown-ups. What a mess. I had to get away from the city center because I was starting to feel agoraphobia (which is not normal for me).

So, getting rid of all this people will not be bad for the Netherlands... come on, if you really want a joint you can get one anywhere in Europe, you don't need to go to Amsterdam.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:26 AM   #13465
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
What's the rail station name? It seems a decently wide one.
Tha rail station doesn't belong to Sangritana Railway (its station in San Vito is located in the part not covered by my picture) but to Adriatic line. It is part of the by-pass built in 2005 from Ortona and Casalbordino-Pollutri, basically all in tunnels, the longest being 9 km long. The station in the picture is named San Vito-Lanciano.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:49 AM   #13466
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

My idea about drugs: I think that places where drugs are legal shouldn't exist. They encourage drug usage (people think: if the state allows it, isn't that bad) and attract a lot of bad people who are likely to commit other crimes including vandalism, harassing, pickpocking, driving under influence,... What should increase the freedom of some, reduces the freedom of others, who lose tranquillity and safety in certains neighborhoods.
I think that the legalization of prostitution is far more acceptable than drugs.

What is important is allowing people who need medicaments containing cannabis to have an easy and legal access to them.

And I think we shouldn't jail people who grow plants at home for personal consumption. Unlikely coffee shops, or worse street dealers, they creates practically no public nuisance and reduces criminal drug clans profits'.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:21 PM   #13467
Jeroen669

Well, there´s also a fear that criminality will increase by making it (fully) illegal. A large movement to the ´underground´ market could eventually result in even more problems.

I personally have never felt the need to try drugs, but I won´t stop others who'd like to try.
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM   #13468
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen669 View Post
Well, there´s also a fear that criminality will increase by making it (fully) illegal. A large movement to the ´underground´ market could eventually result in even more problems.
But the harm reduction policy of allowing coffee shops to operate stays. The difference is that now they will cater to people who live in Netherlands, instead of being a supplier for people living in other countries and travelling to the Netherlands with specific intent of using drugs.

I don't see how Netherlands should deal with the influx of "drug tourists". If they (foreigners using drugs) would be better served by a different policy, that is up to their countries, not to Netherlands.

So far, I've read much more criticism from people living abroad than from people living in Netherlands, who won't be affected anyway. It is like some believe Netherlands would have some sort of international obligation of keeping itself open for the eurojunkies to come in and get their fix legally. This is especially true in regard of older people who have more to lose my risking encounters with the law in their countries and will lose access to their fix on junkie holidays to Netherlands.

Upside note: this will drastically accelerate the gentrification of De Wallen area in Amsterdam, making it more family-friendly and less seedy/rowdy.
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:12 PM   #13469
italystf

Since many people visit NL just to smoke, could this law have negative effects in Dutch economy by reducing tourism-related income? Or troubles brought by those kind of tourists are bigger than economic benefits?
Is there a chance that some Dutch will buy legally soft drugs and later sell them to foreigners? Or the 5 grams/day rule doesn't make this practice profitable?
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:28 PM   #13470
Jeroen669

At least for Amsterdam, I think it will have influence on tourist-related income. For other popular 'drug cities' like Breda or Maastricht not that much, I think. People just go there to score...
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:30 PM   #13471
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
My idea about drugs: I think that places where drugs are legal shouldn't exist. They encourage drug usage (people think: if the state allows it, isn't that bad) and attract a lot of bad people who are likely to commit other crimes including vandalism, harassing, pickpocking, driving under influence,... What should increase the freedom of some, reduces the freedom of others, who lose tranquillity and safety in certains neighborhoods.
I think that the legalization of prostitution is far more acceptable than drugs.

What is important is allowing people who need medicaments containing cannabis to have an easy and legal access to them.

And I think we shouldn't jail people who grow plants at home for personal consumption. Unlikely coffee shops, or worse street dealers, they creates practically no public nuisance and reduces criminal drug clans profits'.
is the marijuana really a drug? i mean, why do you find its consequences more dangerous than alcohol? (i don't consume the weed, so i don't intend to defend it, i took it something like 10 years ago last time, but i just want to say that weed is not real drug)
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:27 PM   #13472
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Since many people visit NL just to smoke, could this law have negative effects in Dutch economy by reducing tourism-related income?
I'd presume that those effects are negligible on Dutch economy as a whole. There will be an effect on particular coffee shops though.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM   #13473
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type

is the marijuana really a drug? i mean, why do you find its consequences more dangerous than alcohol? (i don't consume the weed, so i don't intend to defend it, i took it something like 10 years ago last time, but i just want to say that weed is not real drug)
It's a real drug because it's addictive. Off course has no destructive effects like other drugs but it can lead to bad and dangerous behaviors. It could also give some long term health problems if taken regularily. It's dangerous if taken together with alchol.
In coffee shop they also sell magic mushroom that are more dangerous than weed.
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:05 PM   #13474
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
It's a real drug because it's addictive.
But certainly not that much like nicotine or alcohol.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:54 PM   #13475
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3448

Quote:
It's a real drug because it's addictive. Off course has no destructive effects like other drugs but it can lead to bad and dangerous behaviors. It could also give some long term health problems if taken regularily. It's dangerous if taken together with alchol.
In coffee shop they also sell magic mushroom that are more dangerous than weed.
addictive? i never felt the need for taking some weed. on the other had, occasionaly i feel the need for a shot of grappa or a beer(s). when people get high, they are too relaxed so they hardly move. when people get too much alcohol, they are often agressive, dangerous and self-confident.
Old May 1st, 2012, 04:36 PM   #13476
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type

addictive? i never felt the need for taking some weed.
Obviously because you tried only once and you aren't addict. But I'm aware of people that need to smoke joints every day otherwise they would became very nervous, exactly like alcholists.
I think those people should be helped by the health care system to get rid of their vice, not legally prosecuted.
In Italy until 1993 the CONSUMPTION of any kind of drug was a criminal offence. Now, fortunately, only the possession, production and trade of drugs are prosecuted but unfortunately there are no legal differences between hard or soft drug. Weigh limits are very strict and if you get caugh with few grams of weed that you will smoke in the next days you will be arrested for traffiking. No excuse is valid if you break those low limits. Below them, you can't be arrested because is "personal consumption".
Growing a plant is always illegal, regardeless if it's for personal consumption.
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:10 PM   #13477
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21251

The point in question is not much whether marijuana should be legal but frowned (like tobacco) or prohibited. The issue is only that if one place allows them, but others don't, it will create a huge market from people coming from places where it is illegal. And that creates its own problems.
Old May 1st, 2012, 08:27 PM   #13478
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Yep. That's only a question of market. The Netherlands are simply choosing to close their coffee shop market to foreigners, due to many reasons.
The main one, I think, is that they are spending a certain amount of public money to cope with controls and public disturbances, while most of these services are "used" by foreigners who don't pay taxes in the Netherlands.

I don't think this will enhance black market and illegal traffic, since there will be no point in going specifically to the Netherlands to buy weed, where your rights to do that are exactly the same as at home.

To be more precise: those traffics will probably increase, to compensate for the standard level of "foreigners searching for a joint" typical of every touristic place; but they will keep way lower than the EU average since residents will still have no point in buying from illegal dealers (and home demand is presumably much higher, talking about average EU cities).

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:48 PM   #13479
italystf

The law of tolerance was intended to reduce harms to locals who wanted to use soft drugs and not to attract foreign drug toutists. It was an unintended consequence

I also doubt that those morons bring a lot of money into the country. Those "white trash" are mostly pennyless young that spend most of their money on drugs, hookers, alchool and discos and have no thypical tourist interest. They're likely to stay in cheap motels and eat at fast foods. I doubt most of them are interested in visiting the Van Gogh museum, the Anne Frank's house and buy tulip bilbs (they prefer other plants in their garden ).
Another European destination that attract a similar kind of tourism is Ibiza. No free weed there but everything legal or illegal you can imagine.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:17 AM   #13480
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9161

Quote:
... They're likely to stay in cheap motels ...
Or more likely in even cheaper hostels.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways