daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 19th, 2012, 08:59 PM   #13741
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
Bamboo.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #13742
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
this could be interesting debate: what special locations do you have in your streets? i have orthodox cemetery in my
I have a Catholic one... not really in my street but I can see it from my windows.

Lots of things in my street, it's a rather long one. One of the strangest is a Seventh-day Adventist church. There aren't a lot of those in Italy...
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #13743
bogdymol
bogdymod

VW Sweden

http://g.co/maps/h4pm7

Oups...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #13744
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

C H E L S E A ! ! !
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #13745
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Yeah, I didn't want that to happen at all...
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #13746
bogdymol
bogdymod

I didn't want Chelsea to win. They don't play a nice and spectacular football, but they just care about the result (Italian teams are similar). In the semifinal with Barcelona they had this tactic:

Now they were almost the same. Bayern was attacking the entire game. Chelsea also had incredible luck! They got a goal in '83 minute, but managed to equal in '88 minute. They had a penatly against, but Cech managed to defend it. At the penalty shootout they missed the first one, but they eventually managed to win the game. They are incredibly lucky!

At least Abramovic is happy

Old May 20th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #13747
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #13748
bogdymol
bogdymod

Bad Luck Brian Bayern

Old May 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #13749
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

An earthquake woke me this night, with an epicenter 300 km away:

http://www.corriere.it/gallery/crona...370d244b.shtml
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #13750
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

It woke me up too, I was a little closer. Sadly 4-5 deaths are reported, and several medieval towers and churches collapsed.
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #13751
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9150

On the other side of my street, just in front of my livingroom window is an abandoned many years ago speedway, which back then was outside the city... There are disputes and trials over land ownership between several instutions, companies and restitutes, so it stays like this for many years, in ruins... Here's a view from my window:

And here's the location on the map
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #13752
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9109

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
It woke me up too, I was a little closer. Sadly 4-5 deaths are reported, and several medieval towers and churches collapsed.
Some Pole living close to Padova called to one Polish news TV station (TVN 24) and said that fourth identified person died from fear... Terrible.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #13753
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post
Some Pole living close to Padova called to one Polish news TV station (TVN 24) and said that fourth identified person died from fear... Terrible.
Two people died from fear, a German woman and an Italian one who was more than 100.
Old May 20th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #13754
bogdymol
bogdymod

I've never felt an earthquake...
Old May 20th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #13755
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber
An earthquake woke me this night, with an epicenter 300 km away:

http://www.corriere.it/gallery/crona...370d244b.shtml
Weird that the earthquake was fell stronger in Slovenia than here in southern Friuli, that is closer. Probably it depends by geological reasons (kind of soil, etc).
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #13756
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Torre dei Modenesi, a tower built in 1213, landmark of the city of Finale Emilia, due to earthquakes, is no more. Last quake of 15.18 made even the last pieces standing collapse.

Last edited by g.spinoza; May 20th, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old May 20th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #13757
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Is it just me or is SSC trolling me? It doesn't show new posts anymore here... And after I checked a thread, it's still in my subscribed threads folder with the sign that I haven't watched it yet
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #13758
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

It happens sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Weird that the earthquake was fell stronger in Slovenia than here in southern Friuli, that is closer. Probably it depends by geological reasons (kind of soil, etc).
And look at Parma - weaker than in Ljubljana. I didn't feel it, although I was awake.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #13759
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

I was woken up at 4:05 by the quake... everyone in the house was, except from my dogs
I live between Venice and Padua.

The shake lasted at least 10 seconds. Worst part was getting awake, but then I was not scared, I immediately knew what was going on.
The difference between this and the usual vibrations we're acquainted with (roadworks, heavy machineries) is that the vibration is much wider but with a lower frequency, a sort of slow and wide alternative movement. Like when you're sitting in a car and someone shakes it from the outside.

And the noise, that's unique. A very low tone vibration, it's weird because you hear it but it has no defined origin in space.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #13760
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
I was woken up at 4:05 by the quake... everyone in the house was, except from my dogs
Aren't animals usually more aware of an earthquake than humans? AFAIK your dogs should have woke up before everyone else...

Tags
highways, motorways