daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 21st, 2012, 11:57 PM   #13781
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

That is quite normal, even in England and Holland. I love my nan, she lives in Friesland, Netherlands, and visits me in Austria at least 4 times a year, and I visit her and stay for weekends whenever I´m passing...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:14 AM   #13782
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Yeah I know as I said by this example I don't think it is same in all families, of course it is not, but I have also many friends who hardly ever visit their grandparents.

And you might be right that it is probably a catholic thing, Czechs always say that family is more important for Slovaks than for Czechs.

Btw, I was basically raised not just by my parents but also by grandparents, I used to spend with them so much time when I was little, usually after school, then everyday my parents would come to pick me up and we had lunch together.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..

Last edited by seem; May 22nd, 2012 at 12:37 AM.
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:18 AM   #13783
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
@Verso watching streetview?
Yeah, I saw a funny cemetery in the woods in Latvia or Estonia, but I can't find it any more.

Btw, why doesn't Estonia indicate that it's in the EU? This is all they put.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:23 AM   #13784
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18311

Filmed by me on Sunday at a Gas station in Resita, Romania
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:47 AM   #13785
AnOldBlackMarble
read lightship chronicles

Likes (Received): 5860

Enviro lawn mowers. They do this in Los Angeles. I've seen it several times. It's pretty funny.

Old May 22nd, 2012, 12:58 AM   #13786
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK

You understand what I am saying!
Yeahhh, but fortunately young people here are becaming less and less conservative than their parents. Hopefully that stereothype about Italian will go away in the next decades.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:09 AM   #13787
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

well not everyone can afford a nanny. when parents work there's a kindergarden for kids, and for some occasions out of work time grandparents watch them. that's how it works in SLO.

btw I like how names of countries are displayed in the country official language now on GM.

Last edited by hofburg; May 22nd, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 01:29 AM   #13788
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg
that's how it works in SLO.
And in the whole civilized world.

Plus, some parents feel more safe let theit children with their grandparents rather with a nanny.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 02:02 AM   #13789
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

I think most grandparents are happy they can take care of their grandchildren.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 03:31 AM   #13790
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9157

About 5.8 by Richter scale earthquake just shook Sofia (about 20 minutes ago, about 03:00). It felt quite terrible and many people are now outside on the streets and larger open spaces...

P.S. and several lighter aftershocks, the last one just seconds ago...

P.S.2 strongest aftershock now at about 04:30 local time, about 4.7, but quite shorter...

I heard it was strongly felt all around the Balkans and abroad - reports from Bucharest say it woke people there too. Also in northern Greece, Macedonia, eastern Serbia...

P.S.3 No more sleep this night... another serious aftershock about 05:15, 3.9

Last edited by Chilio; May 22nd, 2012 at 05:19 AM.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:27 AM   #13791
Radish2

Likes (Received): 60

I heart about this earthquake. Bad news for Bulgaria. I alos heart there is no damage to houses and so on. Seems bulgarias houses are stable and can endure such an earthquake. But what I really really hope is that the Struma motorway has not got any damage. it would be just too bad if the motorway after so many years without damage would now have gooten cracks. I wish a report as soon as possible, chillo.
Radish2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:48 AM   #13792
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

I don't know about the motorway, but there are aparently two houses that completely colapsed in Pernik area, many others with minor damages. In Sofia one commie block's foundations in Nadezhda quarter has suffered damages and it is twisted and declared dangerous for living, many roofing elements and chimneys are damaged too. Hopefully nobody died or was seriously hurt. About 60 people went to hospital because of small traumas caused by panic evacuation on stairhouses and also of heart problems cause by the horror.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:50 AM   #13793
Radish2

If the motorway withstood this without damage, it is the best motorway in europe.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:52 AM   #13794
bogdymol
bogdymod

:facepalm:

@Chilio: I'm glad that you are ok and that the first reports say that there aren't victims. You had quite a night I heard from the Romanian TV that the earthquake was also felt in Bucharest. All I can say is that I didn't feel anything in Timisoara.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 08:56 AM   #13795
Radish2

And something else, you will delete the threads in the Bulgarian section, so i will ask here. Is the econimical situation in Bulgaria still so bad. Any time I call to bulgaria people say it is very bad and they barely live, there is no work and nothing? Doesn't the situation finally improv? I get such reports from Blagoevgrad area.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:05 AM   #13796
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Unemployment levels are highest for many many years. But I would not say the situation is so bad, it's for sure not worse than the 90ies. Maybe it is worse for business, not for the common worker.
And I would not delete threads in the Bulgarian section unless they are in the inappropriate place/subsection (in which case I move them, not delete them), doubling other threads or complete offtopic. But that's what you usually do

Last edited by Chilio; May 22nd, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:10 AM   #13797
Radish2

Why is it so bad, what are the reasons? I thought Gerb is a good government, they are doing a lot in the Infrastructure section, but why are the other areas suffering so much?
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:27 AM   #13798
Radish2

so where can I open a thread about the current situation in Buglaria?
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:37 AM   #13799
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
About 5.8 by Richter scale earthquake just shook Sofia (about 20 minutes ago, about 03:00). It felt quite terrible and many people are now outside on the streets and larger open spaces...
That's too bad, first Italy than Bulgaria.
A popular Italian radio host already blamed Mayans and the end of the world...
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:39 AM   #13800
Radish2

The Struma motorway wont have damage.

Tags
highways, motorways