daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 30th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #14581
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

You can safely drop the "probably".
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:35 PM   #14582
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
So why have you both left Germany?
Family problems obligated me to come back in Italy. A kind of things you can't control when destiny fights against you. Anyway, during the period I was in Germany I felt the missing of only three things: my family of course, some food my mother cooked and my bunch of closer friends. For the rest was everything good. Even the fact the just arrived I couldn't speak german and my conversations were limited with other people, it was something that with the time I could solve and feel more integrated.
Even the pizza was great in Germany: where I live 90% of pizzerias are managed by egyptians while in Germany italian pizzerias are managed by italians. Excellent food there...
Satyricon84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #14583
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyricon84 View Post
where I live 90% of pizzerias are managed by egyptians while in Germany italian pizzerias are managed by italians. Excellent food there...
I went once to a pizzeria in Erding, managed by Italians, and their pizza sucked big time. I guess they adjusted to the German taste: it is sufficient you write "Italian-style", and they can eat even stones

(just joking, German friends)
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM   #14584
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

I ate sucked pizza in Konstanz, but one of the best I have ever eaten, was in the pizzeria near my home in Gießen. Even my parents found that pizza delicious when they came to visit me, and they had many stereotypes about food in Germany before to come.
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #14585
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyricon84
I ate sucked pizza in Konstanz, but one of the best I have ever eaten, was in the pizzeria near my home in Gießen. Even my parents found that pizza delicious when they came to visit me, and they had many stereotypes about food in Germany before to come.
Some years go I went to a 4 day trip to Munich, Bavaria's castles and Garmisch Partenkirken. I had fun there but the worst aspect was the food. The only pizza I took ended in a trashcan Maybe I was just unlucky but in Italy Germans and Brits are known for having the worst cousine of the continent. I've never been to UK.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #14586
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyricon84 View Post
Italian gelateria in Bad Tölz makes one of the best gelato I've had in my life.
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #14587
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Italian gelateria in Bad Tölz makes one of the best gelato I've had in my life.
Oh yes, I forgot italian gelaterias, they are many in Germany! The ice cream there is delicious too. And also cheaper comparating to prices here in Italy. Even restaurants, I have never found a place that made you pay the "coperto" in Germany. In Italy instead sometimes you pay 5 euro just for to get the table
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #14588
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Bad Tolz is only hour from here, may give it a try sometime. I'm ok here in Mayrhofen, tucked in between Giovanni and Helmut...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #14589
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Some years go I went to a 4 day trip to Munich, Bavaria's castles and Garmisch Partenkirken. I had fun there but the worst aspect was the food. The only pizza I took ended in a trashcan Maybe I was just unlucky but in Italy Germans and Brits are known for having the worst cousine of the continent. I've never been to UK.
In München I ate pizza in Pizzeria Antica Toscana in Landberger Straße and it was delicious! I ate there twice in two days. Just I think the owner has nothing to do with Toscana, I think he was from Calabria
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #14590
MajKeR_
¡La Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9110

There's "Italian" gelateria (called "Gelato Italiano") even in my 60k town. Ice cream from ice machine there is quite different than what I ate anywhere in Italy, but it's comparable tasty. But ice balls are maybe better, and cost 3 PLN (~0,75 EUR), not 2 EUR (but actually that price is quite high as for Poland, in other places they cost 1,50 - 2 PLN).

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #14591
Road_UK
BANNED

Once upon a time in in Skyscrapercity there were two Italians that went to Germany to eat pizza...
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #14592
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

I would eat with pleasure a handmade gelato right now, in my town now there are 33°C (28°C inside house). Just if I would go out to buy one, I would melt myself before to arrive...better stay at home with ventilator today
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #14593
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Bad Tolz is only hour from here, may give it a try sometime. I'm ok here in Mayrhofen, tucked in between Giovanni and Helmut...
I definitely recommend that. It's on Marktstraße, can't remember its name but it's on the left, coming from Lenggrieser Straße...
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #14594
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Once upon a time in in Skyscrapercity there were two Italians that went to Germany to eat pizza...
I ate pizza only twice while staying in Germany... I preferred Nürnbegers and Leberkäse
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #14595
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I definitely recommend that. It's on Marktstraße, can't remember its name but it's on the left, coming from Lenggrieser Straße...
I signed it too, I still didn't visit Bad Tölz but I wish to (right after Berchtesgaden)
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #14596
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satyricon84

In München I ate pizza in Pizzeria Antica Toscana in Landberger Straße and it was delicious! I ate there twice in two days. Just I think the owner has nothing to do with Toscana, I think he was from Calabria
I ate twice in Italian restaurants, one in Munich and the other in Fuessen. Both were very good but the remaining times I went to German restaurants and I didn't like them so much. I think that in Austria, Slovenia and Croatia the couisine is better than in Germany, more similar to our.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #14597
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

I think I remembered its name, its *should*be "La dolce vita".
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:16 PM   #14598
Road_UK
BANNED

Here in Mayrhofen it is anyway. Very Italian orientated here, Italy is only two hours on foot from here. But the local dishes are really nice as well...
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #14599
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

The place where I ate really bad was in Lloret de Mar, food of the hotel was so disgusting the first day that I ate in Burger King almost all the rest. I ate better in the tunisian desert than there.
In Hungary where I spent six months instead the food was very good, I ate a lot of things never heard before of and I was satisfied (Just to drink Palinka before to have breakfast it's too weird for me too ). I love Turo Rudi (here I cant find), Palacsinta, Letcho, Kurtoskalacs (In Budapest was good, but I tried it in Szekesfehervar and I didn't like) and a kind of pasta with Turo that I don't remember the name (it sounded like Turo Csucsa or something like that). Hungarian beer was very tasty (I like the Soproni and the Kobanyai). Gulash, most famous hungarian food instead I don't like at all. Neither pasta with sugar that hungarians (and germans too) are greedy
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #14600
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
I think that in Austria, Slovenia and Croatia the couisine is better than in Germany, more similar to our.
Austrian cuisine is similar to Italian? The only connection I can think of is because Trieste used to be in Austria-Hungary.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways