daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #14741
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2101

I read that Switzerland was gonna introduce a higher priced 1-year vignette (like 100 euro) and introduce a monthly one for the previous 1-year vignette price (30 euro)
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #14742
bogdymol
bogdymod

For someone that drives in Switzerland just one time per year, the vignette is expensive... but if we're thinking at the Swiss that always drive on their motorways it's a lot cheaper than driving a lot in France or Italy...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #14743
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
No it's not. People are able to decide for themselves if they want to use it or not.
Brussels disagrees with you since it forced Slovenia to introduce cheaper vignettes. I found it funny how Italy and Austria had the biggest mouths when it came to our vignettes, while they themselves still have overpriced tunnels.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #14744
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
No it's not. People are able to decide for themselves if they want to use it or not.
so it goes the same for SLO first vignette (35€ month), people were able to decide for themselves if they want to use it or not.

edit: quoted before seeing the next page.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2012, 07:31 PM   #14745
lpioe

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I read that Switzerland was gonna introduce a higher priced 1-year vignette (like 100 euro) and introduce a monthly one for the previous 1-year vignette price (30 euro)
Yes that's planned. Discussions are still going on.
The cheaper one will last for two months and cost 40 CHF.
The 1-year vignette will cost 70 or 100 CHF, not yet decided.

3ds Max Script to create stadium stands for given c-values

my stadium designs (all WIP / unfinished...)

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

lpioe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #14746
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18298

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpioe View Post
Yes that's planned. Discussions are still going on.
The cheaper one will last for two months and cost 40 CHF.
The 1-year vignette will cost 70 or 100 CHF, not yet decided.
That's nasty...
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #14747
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21232

I spotted these in France, on the Iseran road.

Old July 8th, 2012, 01:12 AM   #14748
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

Both great cars!

@Bogdymol: about LPG conversion, are you considering CNG as well? It's usually cheper while having pretty much the same disadvantages of LPG (and no or reduced underground facilities issues). The cost of ordinary CNG maintenance should be lower (no special LPG filter) while, if I remember correctly, the CNG piping and tank system has a shorter lifecycle than the LPG one.

The reliability of LPG/CNG converted motors may vary, mainly to some of the materials used to build the most exposed parts of the engine itself.
A typical problem comes from the lack of lubrication (normally given by petrol) of moving parts, e.g. the valves and their holes.
Usually japanese engines are not so suitable for CNG/LPG conversions.

My MB A160 cannot be converted, due to too many bad cases reported. My Lancia Y, with 1.2 Fiat FIRE engine, would have no problem with that.
You should search for cases of succesfully converted cars with your engine: being a european Chevy, look into Daewoo, Opel, Vauxhall and General Motors archives as well. Also look at Brazilian market "FlexiFuel" versions of your engine.

As a general rule, the CNG/LPG conversion technique cannot be applied to petrol Direct Injection and diesel engines, but experimental systems are being tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG View Post
If a LPG vehicle is caught at a traffic control without proper documents, a 30-100% surcharge to basic fee is payable. In addition, the fee is charged for 20 days if there is no proof of the date of entrance to Finland to show. Thus, in that case 8580 eur is the minimum charge.
I think I could declare war to Finland if such a crazy fine was applied to me... Luckily I have no LPG cars nor I'll ever get there by car

@Road_UK
: is your Sprinter built for LHD or RHD? Do you use headlights masks when travelling "on the wrong side of the road"?

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #14749
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
Isn't this illegal? In Bulgaria you're not allowed to drive a moped/scooter on motorways, because it's technical maximum speed is supposed to be 50 km/h or under.
Of course it is. If I'm not mistaken, in Poland on motorways and expressways only these vehicles aren't forbidden, which are able to get 60 km/h.

Suburbanist: I'm glad how they overtook the new, silly French registrating system.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:35 AM   #14750
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275
Both great cars!

@Bogdymol: about LPG conversion, are you considering CNG as well? It's usually cheper while having pretty much the same disadvantages of LPG (and no or reduced underground facilities issues). The cost of ordinary CNG maintenance should be lower (no special LPG filter) while, if I remember correctly, the CNG piping and tank system has a shorter lifecycle than the LPG one.

The reliability of LPG/CNG converted motors may vary, mainly to some of the materials used to build the most exposed parts of the engine itself.
A typical problem comes from the lack of lubrication (normally given by petrol) of moving parts, e.g. the valves and their holes.

My MB A160 cannot be converted, due to too many bad cases reported. My Lancia Y, with 1.2 Fiat FIRE engine, would have no problem with that.
You should search for cases of succesfully converted cars with your engine: being a european Chevy, look into Daewoo, Opel, Vauxhall and General Motors archives as well. Also look at Brazilian market "FlexiFuel" versions of your engine.

As a general rule, the CNG/LPG conversion technique cannot be applied to petrol Direct Injection and diesel engines, but experimental systems are being tested.

I think I could declare war to Finland if such a crazy fine was applied to me... Luckily I have no LPG cars nor I'll ever get there by car

@Road_UK: is your Sprinter built for LHD or RHD? Do you use headlights masks when travelling "on the wrong side of the road"?
RHD. And I never adapt my headlights, that's something that only fanatic tourists seem to be doing. Keep it on level 2 and you will be ok.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #14751
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

Dammit, another brit driving on the wrong side of the vehicle

But I guess adapting the headlights is the last problem for a white van driver going 170 while reading the newspaper and eating a cheesburger with a ho sitting on his lap

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #14752
Road_UK
BANNED

That's ok, I'm half Dutch living in Tyrol most of the time..
I'm on the phone as well, using the skyscrapercity app...
Old July 8th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #14753
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post

In Romania CNG isn't popular, but LPG is.

I'm worrying about the conversion because I've seen a lot of cars identical to mine that were converted. In fact, many taxi drivers in Romania have my type of car converted on LPG and they work fine.

I think I'll go on Monday at a company that does this type of conversion for more informations.
Old July 8th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #14754
italystf

Likes (Received): 2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
I spotted these in France, on the Iseran road.

2nd highest road in Europe after Col de la Bonette, right?
BTW, what kind of plate is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post
Of course it is. If I'm not mistaken, in Poland on motorways and expressways only these vehicles aren't forbidden, which are able to get 60 km/h.
In Italy motorcycles below 150cc aren't allowed on motorways and blue-signs expressways.
However I spotted 125cc scooters on A11 near Florence and many times on Sicilian motorways. I once saw two people with luggage and backpacks (probably hitchhikers) walking along the SS3bis (E45) south of Cesena!
A friend of mine saw two guys hitchhiking along the A23 near Tolmezzo and called the police. The guy who gave me driving lessons when I was 18 said that he saw someone cycling on the A28.

Last edited by italystf; July 8th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #14755
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
2nd highest road in Europe after Col de la Bonette, right?
BTW, what kind of plate is it?

In Italy motorcycles below 150cc aren't allowed on motorways and blue-signs expressways.
However I spotted 125cc scooters on A11 near Florence and many times on Sicilian motorways. I once saw two people with luggage and backpacks (probably hitchhikers) walking along the SS3bis (E45) south of Cesena!
A friend of mine saw two guys hitchhiking along the A23 near Tolmezzo and called the police. The guy who gave me driving lessons when I was 18 said that he saw someone cycling on the A28.
I have a photo of a guy on Vespa at A24 in Gran Sasso area
Old July 8th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #14756
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1931

There is a section on Spanish A-23 (Exactly between exits 47 and 57) where cycling is allowed despite being a motorway, due to lack of alternative route. On E07 between N-330 and exit 299* too, only Northbound (Southbound you can go directly to N-330, where bikes are allowed despite being dual carriageway because that is not clasified as a motorway).

* E07 continues with the same kmposts of A-23, well actually IS the A-23. But since I prefer E-numbering over national numbering, for me the motorway is A-23 up to Zaragoza and E07 from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
But I guess adapting the headlights is the last problem for a white van driver going 170 while reading the newspaper and eating a cheesburger with a ho sitting on his lap
They say "Don't drink and drive", but I know someone who is a champion of drinking and driving at the same time!
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #14757
Road_UK
BANNED

In Amsterdam they would say: why drink and drive, when you can smoke and fly....
Old July 8th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #14758
italystf

Likes (Received): 2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type

I have a photo of a guy on Vespa at A24 in Gran Sasso area
Even better, since it's a tolled motorway and you must pass through booths to enter and exit. I wonder if he had telepass
Can you post the pic here?
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #14759
bogdymol
bogdymod

google maps link?
Old July 8th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #14760
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Even better, since it's a tolled motorway and you must pass through booths to enter and exit. I wonder if he had telepass
Can you post the pic here?
here you are
btw i rather think it is between tunnel San Rocco (intersection A24/A25) and L'Aquila

Tags
highways, motorways