daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 8th, 2012, 04:35 PM   #14761
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21251

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
2nd highest road in Europe after Col de la Bonette, right?
BTW, what kind of plate is it?
I don't know which plate is it...

Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #14762
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist

I don't know which plate is it...
Surely Satyricon and Recycle do.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #14763
MattiG

Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
That's criminal.
At the conceptual level, I do not see any difference to the Italian fines of up to 10000 euros for buying a fake Rolex.

Any country is entitled to create their own tax system. At the EU level, there is some harmonization, like the EU-wide ban from using heating oil instead of diesel oil. The preventive measures are up to each country to decide. The current system has been in place since 1992 and the EU has not criticized it. Thus calling it criminal is nonsense.

That sort of a threat is rather a powerful way to prevent the tax system from leaking. The value of non-leakage is well visible especially nowadays when there is a trend to save the counties in the south European corruption zone by using the money collected from taxpayers of the central and north Europe.
MattiG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 07:24 PM   #14764
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiG

At the conceptual level, I do not see any difference to the Italian fines of up to 10000 euros for buying a fake Rolex.

Any country is entitled to create their own tax system. At the EU level, there is some harmonization, like the EU-wide ban from using heating oil instead of diesel oil. The preventive measures are up to each country to decide. The current system has been in place since 1992 and the EU has not criticized it. Thus calling it criminal is nonsense.

That sort of a threat is rather a powerful way to prevent the tax system from leaking. The value of non-leakage is well visible especially nowadays when there is a trend to save the counties in the south European corruption zone by using the money collected from taxpayers of the central and north Europe.
Allowing foreign tourists driving their LPG vehicles for nothing or for a small fee (let's say 5 EUR/day) wouldn't made Finnish tax system leaking since most of a country's tax income come from residents and not tourists. It would be more respectful towards EU integration and would increase LPG car ownership in other nordic countries (I would never buy a car that couldn't be driven for example in Austria).
Fines should be proportioned to the economical or social damage that the violator made to the society and shouldn't just an unhetical mean for making easy money.
About heating oil, apart the fact that it damages engines because it isn't pure, do we really need an EU ban for it? Why not letting single members to legiferate about this small things?
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old July 8th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #14765
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Meanwhile in Russia

keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #14766
void0
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2870

That is not Russia (see number plates).
Might be Caucasis or Cental Asia though. This kind of behavior is not typical for Russians either.
void0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:29 AM   #14767
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9122

Quote:
In Italy motorcycles below 150cc aren't allowed on motorways and blue-signs expressways.
It suprises me. V-max and acceleration of 125 and 150 cc motos is almost the same though. Isn't it for banish from motorways people under 18 (because you can drive a 125 cc with A1 driving license, possible to get from 16 years old)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
here you are
btw i rather think it is between tunnel San Rocco (intersection A24/A25) and L'Aquila

It may be a Vespa PX150 or PX200 of some (old) sort.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:52 AM   #14768
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21251

One of the major complaints about downsides of automatic gearbox cars were that they had just 3 or 4 gears and made driving uncomfortable.

However, more and more we see automatic cars with 6 or even 7 (Volkswagen is jumping into it) gears and also more easy-to-operate semi-automatic gear mode (when you just pull the stick up or down to change shifts instead of going through the 1-2-3-4-(N)-D sequence.

This should take care of the former concerns. I think cars in Europe should have more automatic options for similar prices, as it is much easier on the body coordination to drive them. Maybe they could even conceive some stick embedded in the wheel so that you click one arrow to change up, other arrow to change down (like some cars already have a 3rd wheel-base stick for radio, navigation control, cruise control or what else.

What do you think of it?
Old July 9th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #14769
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_

It suprises me. V-max and acceleration of 125 and 150 cc motos is almost the same though. Isn't it for banish from motorways people under 18 (because you can drive a 125 cc with A1 driving license, possible to get from 16 years old)?
Probably. There are too much 125cc motos around that would flow the motorways and slow traffic.
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #14770
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post
(because you can drive a 125 cc with A1 driving license, possible to get from 16 years old)
I've took my A1 driving license when I was 16
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #14771
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Guys I need your help now I was planning to cycle to Istria. I am thinking to take train from Vienna to Ljubljana (costs 30€, very cheap for Austrian standarts) and then cycle to Croatia on road 10 through Logatec, Postojna, Divača, Loka - 208, Croatian border - Buzet. How high is AADT on these roads?

Is this safe or I should rather use some other roads (the problem is they run through quite hilly part of Slovenia)? I mean it is the main 1st class road between the coast and Ljubljana, but there is A1 right next to it so I was hoping this road is wide and empty.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #14772
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

How about you cycle in Holland instead? Nationwide cycle path network with traffic lights, proper lane markings and safety interests registered in the Highway Code, makes Holland the best country to cycle in, with the exception of Amsterdam where cycle-anarchy rules...

And of course Holland is as flat as a tat.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #14773
seem
Mornar bez mora

You forgot to mention great weather all year round and beautifle landscape.

Well firstly I wanted to cycle from Slovakia all the way down to Istria but as half of the route is pretty much just flat puszta I think I d be better to get there by train and then explore Istria and spend more days by the sea.

Old July 9th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #14774
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19415

Forget the Netherlands then. We haven't had a single ADS day so far (Above Average, Dry & Sunny) while some summers score over 50 ADS days. It's currently 17 C and rainy and it will stay that way for the next 2 weeks or so.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #14775
seem
Mornar bez mora

In countries with ocenic climate you sometimes get better weather in Spring than in the Summer.

Old July 9th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #14776
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

I think he's not looking for urban cycling but for some nature.
where did you pick those road numbers? road Ljubljana - Divaca is 409. from Ljubljana to Vrhnika aadt is about 20.000 - to 10.000, then towards Postojna it is lower than 10.000.

Ljubljana, Vrhnika is 300m above sea
Logatec 500m
Postojna 600m
then you go generally down
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #14777
bogdymol
bogdymod

Today I went to a mechanic and decided to convert my car to LPG. I have an appointment for Wednesday and the total cost is 2400 lei (=530 € ... btw: how much does it cost in your country?). Hopefully everything will be fine. The mechanic is authorised (official) and has installed about LPG on about 8000 cars in the last years.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #14778
Angelos

Likes (Received): 448

In Greece it costs about 1000-1500 euro depends on the car cc displacement
Angelos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #14779
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg
I think he's not looking for urban cycling but for some nature.
where did you pick those road numbers? road Ljubljana - Divaca is 409. from Ljubljana to Vrhnika aadt is about 20.000 - to 10.000, then towards Postojna it is lower than 10.000.

Ljubljana, Vrhnika is 300m above sea
Logatec 500m
Postojna 600m
then you go generally down
Holland is not urban, and there are some wonderful countrysides all over the nation. I miss some of my summers on the Frisian lakes, but I generally don't miss the weather in Holland. Here in Mayrhofen we have been huffin and puffin for weeks now, temperature never went below 20, and has reached levels of 40. We usually have good weather here, with 25+ temperatures as early as March sometimes.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #14780
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

I tried putting google streetview little man randomly in Netherlands (btw why do you say Holland?), and 4 times of 5 I got urban area. And I tried putting it in the 'empty' areas between cities.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways