daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 1st, 2012, 04:34 PM   #15621
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post

Btw, would be interesting to know what is the highest speed a vehicle has ever been doing on the German motorway in normal traffic circumstances.

I found this one: 236 miles per hour (381 kilometers per hour): Porsche 9ff GTurbo850 at first google hit: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/5-fast...n-autobahn.htm
I dont know that but the highest speed on the Elzer Berg on the A3 Kln-Frankfurt where the speed limit is 100km/h was 208km/h from a dude that drived a E30 bmw
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2012, 05:11 PM   #15622
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post

Btw, would be interesting to know what is the highest speed a vehicle has ever been doing on the German motorway in normal traffic circumstances.

I found this one: 236 miles per hour (381 kilometers per hour): Porsche 9ff GTurbo850 at first google hit: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/5-fast...n-autobahn.htm
I doubt anyone can do better without driving one of those Slovak MIG-29s...
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 05:13 PM   #15623
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I doubt anyone can do better without driving one of those Slovak MIG-29s...
On the A555 Kln-Bonn on sunday morning,so 5a.m.,you can press the pedal to the metal.Its a good section to figure out how fast can your car go
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM   #15624
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagor666 View Post
On the A555 Kln-Bonn on sunday morning,so 5a.m.,you can press the pedal to the metal.Its a good section to figure out how fast can your car go
I pressed mine as hard as I could and reached an astonishing 162 km/h on A95 towards Garmisch... and still creating queue behind me...
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:07 PM   #15625
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagor666 View Post
I did it on the A9 near Ingolstadt, sadly I can do only 200 on GPS and ~212 on the dashboard .
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:18 PM   #15626
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coccodrillo View Post
I'm using a new notebook with Swiss keyboard but Windows 7 continuously changes the layout to the Italian one - as it does on every newly installed system I used (even if I always choose the Swiss French layout when I install Windows, it automatically switch to the Italian layout). Apparently it's a bug, I wonder if Windows versions in French/German language sold in Switzerland randomly changes to the French/German layouts as well...the only way to solve this is to remove the Italian layout (which I didn't install) completely.

(I have correct the previous post, the tunnel's name is Eyholz, not Ezholy)
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
I created a custom layout - based on the Italian one - that allows me to enter easily characters like , , and so on. Windows seems to randomly switch between my custom layout and the Italian one all the time
I wonder why Italian and French layouts don't allow to type some characters like accented vowels, even if they are really common in that countries' languages (for instance, "" means "it is" in Italian and despite being extremely frequent at the beginning of a phrase it cannot be written with an Italian layout).

Also the Swiss layout has a problem: it cannot write the upper-case "" (but allows the "").

fr Gter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM   #15627
bogdymol
bogdymod

I did 160 km/h on a romanian German () motorway yesterday.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:24 PM   #15628
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Weirdly enough, Spanish layout allows to type far more letters that those necessary for our language: .

PS: I can type the upper-case .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:34 PM   #15629
bogdymol
bogdymod

Romanian truck

My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:34 PM   #15630
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
I wonder why Italian and French layouts don't allow to type some characters like accented vowels, even if they are really common in that countries' languages (for instance, "" means "it is" in Italian and despite being extremely frequent at the beginning of a phrase it cannot be written with an Italian layout).

Also the Swiss layout has a problem: it cannot write the upper-case "" (but allows the "").
I usually use the French-French (franais de France) layout when typing in French, but the Canadian French layout (which is basically QWERTY with accented characters added) permits things like , and .

In the French-French layout, Word will automatically capitalize if you put it at the beginning of a sentence, and can be set to capitalize and so on (The setting is "enforce accented uppercase in French"), so you can do things in Word and copy-and-paste into here, I suppose.

I used three layouts - the default American, the Canadian French and the French-French - in producing this post; I don't use the Canadian French often so I end up hunting for things like quotation marks.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:35 PM   #15631
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Weirdly enough, Spanish layout allows to type far more letters that those necessary for our language: .

It seems to be meant to accommodate Catalan. As in "Parallel."

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:38 PM   #15632
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post

Try the Mac Spanish ISO Keyboard

More letters if you press the alt key ⌥ , and ⇧ shift key + ⌥ alt.
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:41 PM   #15633
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

A 70 meter office tower was imploded today in Eindhoven, Netherlands. However it didn't go as planned, the elevator shaft didn't come down.

ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 09:21 PM   #15634
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Quote:
Precisely my complaint, and the reason why I felt the need to customize my keyboard. It is absurd that Italian keyboard doesn't have "" but has "", non-existent in Italian language, or "", which hardly anyone has ever used.
By the way in Linux you can obtain a lot of accented letters by using some combinations, and I simply translated this feature into Windows.
Old September 1st, 2012, 11:43 PM   #15635
Fane40
Landes-40-SW of F.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I have a Renault Kangoo van. I never had any non-regular wear-and-tear maintenance with it, apart from a lock that had to be replaced on the passenger's side. It's reliable (so far) and fuel efficient. On my last trip to France in July I managed to get 1 L / 22 km with it (or 4.54 L / 100 km)
What a courage !
I enough have driven a Kangoo between 1998 and 2000.
Very very bad souvenir.
"Ska" seats (like a sauna when you have sun), without air conditioned of course, even no assisted direction (power steering), no electrical panes, excessive noise, very tiring on highways, inconfortable, diesel motor with only 55 CV (130 km/h maximum, and 100 km/h on top of hills on highways !!), very dangerous to overtake with on roads because of bad power, noisy seats, etc, etc....
True: I took aspirine very often after a journey in those f...g vehicles.
Before, I had driven with Renault Trafic and old Master.
With that, I decided never to buy a Renault van. Finished !
Germans are the best (VW and MB)
Only interesting adavantages from french: confortable (cars) and economic.
Fane40 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:13 AM   #15636
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fane40 View Post
What a courage !
I enough have driven a Kangoo between 1998 and 2000.
Very very bad souvenir.
"Ska" seats (like a sauna when you have sun), without air conditioned of course, even no assisted direction (power steering), no electrical panes, excessive noise, very tiring on highways, inconfortable, diesel motor with only 55 CV (130 km/h maximum, and 100 km/h on top of hills on highways !!), very dangerous to overtake with on roads because of bad power, noisy seats, etc, etc....
The Kangoo has changed quite a bit since then. It's actually rather fast with its 1.5 turbodiesel. 140 km/h on motorways with long 7% grades is no problem at all. The top speed is about 170 km/h and even from 110 to 140 it accelerates quite nicely, even though it has only 65 HP. Mine also has airconditioning and of course power steering.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:48 AM   #15637
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

my dad's audi does 5,5 l/100km and has 140HP
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:43 AM   #15638
MajKeR_
La Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9111

Quote:
On my last trip to France in July I managed to get 1 L / 22 km with it (or 4.54 L / 100 km)
Quote:
It's actually rather fast with its 1.5 turbodiesel.
1.5 dCi is very good engine - especially if taking into account economic matters. I heavily wonder about Megane with it (but in 105 HP version) for next year, though some Alfa Romeo would be the best choice for me.

Another vote for Renault in Poland is amount of ones bought from Polish dealers in our streets. It takes you a lot of calm, if you want to buy an used car (domestic service book and possibility of checking it in brand service).

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, ktrych chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, ktrzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałw. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, Morfina, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:53 PM   #15639
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

Bitch please…

VW Polo, TDI 1.6 105HP… I do 4.2L/100km …

at 118km/h of average speed, stating in madrid city centre (Gran Va - Tudescos), with the AC compresor connected all the time.

This what I get in a Madrid - Alicante via A-3 E-901 + A-31 (+/- 440km).

Sometimes in my every day i can get 3.7l/100km or less, but, without crossing the barrier "80~100" km/h, and without entering the city.

As usual, my average consumption in a normal week starts in 4.8L/100km to 5.5 L/100km.

Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:24 PM   #15640
MajKeR_
La Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9111

1.6 TDI seems to be as good as old 1.9, so no suprise in that case.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, ktrych chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, ktrzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałw. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, Morfina, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways