daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 8th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #15761
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21241

In Wyoming, you can drive as early as 14 if you live more than 2 miles from your school, doesn't have a school bus coming by, is driving alone or only with immediate relatives and only during daylight.

Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:40 PM   #15762
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
No. I just looked it up. A new regulation that came in force recently. You can obtain a valid drivers license on your 17th, but will have to have an older person traveling with you, until you're 18.
True. I still don't mind though. I'll probably drive a lot of long stretches (for instance: At the end of october I hope I can drive to Texel when we go on vacation)
I'm taking my exam on sept 19th (wednesday) early in the morning. I can't wait
keokiracer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #15763
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist
In Wyoming, you can drive as early as 14 if you live more than 2 miles from your school, doesn't have a school bus coming by, is driving alone or only with immediate relatives and only during daylight.
What is the legal age to ride a horse in Wyoming? Or a cow for that matter...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 01:25 AM   #15764
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

14 is way too early IMO. I think 18 is fine, when people start growing up.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #15765
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

I'd like since 17 with parents and after 18 alone.
Remember that microcars (engine below 50 cc) are in Italy assimilated to mopeds and can be driven since 14. They cannot drive over 45kph (like mopeds) although almost all of them are illegally modified.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #15766
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
14 is way too early IMO. I think 18 is fine, when people start growing up.
They could have more serious exams to determine if people can drive from age 14 or 15 upwards and place restrictions such as daytime only driving, no unrelated minors in the car etc.
Old September 9th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #15767
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

I started to driving at 14, legally, in Spain…
…but it was a 50cc scooter. And it not was exactly a driving licence… it was a paper test. Crazy, isn't it?

Then, at 16, I get the A1 EU Driving License: It allowed me to drive 125cc motorbikes, in all type of roads like a car.

So, my first time in a Motorway was at the sweet 16 years. Really nice. Here.

Also, according to the spanish law, for get the A1 licence you should pass the B theorical test

And when I was 18 just needed pass the driving test (practical) for driving a car. A1 + B at 18, and 14 points instead of 8.

That's was easy and nice.

P.S.: When I got the driver's license was allowed to drive without being a "novato" (learner), so, I never used the "L" sign / sticker in my car. (only if you get a licence for more than 1 year.)
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #15768
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
No. I just looked it up. A new regulation that came in force recently. You can obtain a valid drivers license on your 17th, but will have to have an older person traveling with you, until you're 18.
They changed the law also here, now you can get driving license if you are 17 but first three months you have to drive with somebody who has a driving license more then 10 years.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #15769
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peines View Post

…but it was a 50cc scooter. And it not was exactly a driving licence… it was a paper test. Crazy, isn't it?

Then, at 16, I get the A1 EU Driving License: It allowed me to drive 125cc motorbikes, in all type of roads like a car.

Also, according to the spanish law, for get the A1 licence you should pass the B theorical test

And when I was 18 just needed pass the driving test (practical) for driving a car. A1 + B at 18, and 14 points instead of 8.

P.S.: When I got the driver's license was allowed to drive without being a "novato" (learner), so, I never used the "L" sign / sticker in my car. (only if you get a licence for more than 1 year.)
I also got the A1 driving license when I was 16 years old. I had to pass the usual theory test, but I also had to do a practice test. When I was 18 I had to re-do the entire procedure again for the B category.
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #15770
cougar1989

Likes (Received): 103

At Germany you can get the car driving license when your are 17, but you have to drive with your parents until the 18th birthday who has the driving license more then 5 years, older then 30 years and not more of 3 driving ponits at Flensburg.
After the 18th birthday you can drive alone.
cougar1989 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #15771
Road_UK
BANNED

Flensburg?
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #15772
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peines

Not so strange, it's the same here.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #15773
cougar1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK
Flensburg?
It is the city for all German driving license where are all driving points from the drivers saved.
Old September 9th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #15774
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verkehrszentralregister
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #15775
italystf

So in Germany you start with 0 points and you get (negative) points with violation? How much points take your license away?
In Italy it's the countrary. Everybody starts with 20 positive points and lost points with violations. With 0 points you lost the license.
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #15776
Road_UK
BANNED

In the UK you get 3 points for minor offences. 12 points, and bye bye license for a while.
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #15777
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Here in Spain everyone started with 12 points (Beginners start with 8) and if you haven't offended any rules for 3 years, you can get more points, so now good drivers have 15 points, which is the most possible.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #15778
cougar1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf
So in Germany you start with 0 points and you get (negative) points with violation? How much points take your license away?
Yes we start with 0 Points. At 18 Points the Driving License is away.
The German Government want to change the point system and so the driving license can be lost at 8 Points.
For every fine over 40EUR you get a point or more.
Old September 9th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #15779
makaveli6
(:

Likes (Received): 1318

I started driving at age of 16. I didnt even have to pass a theory test lol.

My clinched highways in Latvia (updated Jan 2018), Lithuania (updated Jan 2018) &
Poland.
makaveli6 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #15780
Road_UK
BANNED

A lot of Russians obtain a drivers license without a theory test OR a driving test.

Tags
highways, motorways