daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 9th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #15781
MajKeR_
ˇLa Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peines View Post

I started to driving at 14, legally, in Spain…
…but it was a 50cc scooter. And it not was exactly a driving licence… it was a paper test. Crazy, isn't it?

Then, at 16, I get the A1 EU Driving License: It allowed me to drive 125cc motorbikes, in all type of roads like a car.

So, my first time in a Motorway was at the sweet 16 years. Really nice. Here.

Also, according to the spanish law, for get the A1 licence you should pass the B theorical test

And when I was 18 just needed pass the driving test (practical) for driving a car. A1 + B at 18, and 14 points instead of 8.

That's was easy and nice.
Same as me But as for Polish law you should pass full exam (theoretical+pracital), if your last (for whatever category) was more than half year ago.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #15782
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK
A lot of Russians obtain a drivers license without a theory test OR a driving test.
How? With bribery?
Do they sell driving licenses in Russia like economics degrees in Albania?
(Those who followed recent Italian politics understand this comparison )
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #15783
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Yes, something like that. Or just on the black market.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #15784
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

when doing driving licence lessons, they never take you to the 3+lane motorway (well at least in slovenia they cant), they should.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 04:21 PM   #15785
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

I drove here and here during one of my driving lessons
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 04:51 PM   #15786
bogdymol
bogdymod

In Romania it's illegal to drive on a motorway if you don't have a driver's license (ex: you can't do the driving school on a motorway).

And yes, in Romania you can also get a license if you have enough money...
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 05:26 PM   #15787
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

You're not allowed on motorways on a provisional license in the UK. And in France the speedlimit is 110 on motorways if you passed your driving test less then two years ago.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #15788
bogdymol
bogdymod

In Romania, if you have your license for less than a year, the speed limit is -10 km/h on rural roads and -20 km/h on motorways.
Old September 9th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #15789
Peines
Peter

Likes (Received): 99

Well, I'm experimenting with different designs for motorway signage… and I like to share and show to yourselves:

(A-70 Exit 6, here)
Peines no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #15790
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

ˇHola!

I thought that area was bilingual (Castilian/Catalan)?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #15791
Peines
Peter

Yeah, 3% speak Catalan (Valencian type).
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #15792
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

I didn't know the percentage was so low.

I was just playing with Google Maps for Alicante: they've got street names in Catalan (or Valencian) and landmarks (a museum, a castle...) and the city itself labeled in Castilian. Then there's a town just to the north marked as Sant Joan d'Alacant.

Does that reflect how things really are there, or is Google Maps just being goofy (when they first started a few years ago, they had everything in Brussels labeled in Dutch only.)? What are the rules? Not taking sides, just curious how this sort of thing works.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #15793
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2122

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Sorry, little involontary misspelling, maybe because I was typing with a LG smart phone
Since you entered thousands of notes did you ever find something counterfeit or with printing errors?
I am a tracker too, and recognized a 20€ fake bill my newsdealer gave me as change. It was an Italian note, so J in the little code and S in the long code, but the numbers were absolutely random. Fortunately I knew the newsdealer well and when I showed him the note he gave me a good one - cursing because it was the third bad note he received in a short time.
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #15794
Peines
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
I didn't know the percentage was so low.

I was just playing with Google Maps for Alicante: they've got street names in Catalan (or Valencian) and landmarks (a museum, a castle...) and the city itself labeled in Castilian. Then there's a town just to the north marked as Sant Joan d'Alacant.

Does that reflect how things really are there, or is Google Maps just being goofy (when they first started a few years ago, they had everything in Brussels labeled in Dutch only.)? What are the rules? Not taking sides, just curious how this sort of thing works.
The thing is that Alicante is controlling by the Valencia Goberment (Generalitat Valenciana, Comunidad Valenciana), and Valencian politician are a Language Nazis who doesn't know where are Alicante. It's a sad but true thing: they control a region and they dosen't care about that region (Alicante).

They still believe since late 70's that in Alicante province the people speak Valencian but the true fact is that nobody (or a minory <13%) speaks Valencian in Alicante province: in the coast, East, Alicante-Elche, and Bajo Segura (Vega Baja).

Also, Valencians believe that Valencian is not Catalan, when it's the same language . Stupid Grammar Nazi.

P.S.: People say San Juan Pueblo, not San't Joan d' Alacant or San Juan de Alicante.
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:19 PM   #15795
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
You're not allowed on motorways on a provisional license in the UK. And in France the speedlimit is 110 on motorways if you passed your driving test less then two years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
In Romania, if you have your license for less than a year, the speed limit is -10 km/h on rural roads and -20 km/h on motorways.
Wtf one month after I got my driving license I was driving 160 km/h on R1.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #15796
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
when doing driving licence lessons, they never take you to the 3+lane motorway (well at least in slovenia they cant), they should.
During my driving license lessons and exams I never saw a motorway. And yet I drive on 3+3 or 4+4 motorways without any problems.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #15797
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19424

You only really learn how to drive after you get the license. Experience is what counts.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #15798
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
You only really learn how to drive after you get the license. Experience is what counts.

That's perfectly true. I remember how I was driving the first days after I got my license...
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #15799
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19424

Yeah me too. Driving lessons in the Netherlands are in diesel cars, and using the clutch in a gasoline-powered car is quite different. I remember I stalled quite a few times driving in my parents gasoline car in the beginning. I also had an accident in southern France six years ago that could be attributed to having a lack of experience.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #15800
bogdymol
bogdymod

Driving lessons are usually done in diesel cars because the engine stalls a lot harder than in gasoline cars. I did my driving lessons in a gasoline car, but my girlfriend now does it in a diesel Golf IV.

I remember that after I got my license I was driving quite slow and I was very tense while driving, but now, after 50k+ kms in 13 countries on all types of roads and weather conditions I can drive relaxed.

Tags
highways, motorways