daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 25th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #16121
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Will DARS dissolve? Will SLO motorways be managed by different private companies? Will the vignette system remain the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
why?

potentional buyer would have to build Dravograd Črnomelj motorway by 2017, and, take care of 4 billion Dars debt
Never heard of that planned new north-south route. How are going works for the H5-H6 in the littoral?
What about the project for the long awaited E61 motorway Divaca - Jelsane (or Kozina - Jelsane)? It vould be a vital link between Italy (and then France, Spain,...) and the Balkan region. I know Slovenia has no interest in that project because it doesn't connect Slovenian cities but it's very important from an European point of view, especially after HR will join EU. Trieste and Rijeka are two important industrial cities less than 100km apart and are connected only by a 1+1 road, often overcrowed in summer.

Last edited by italystf; September 25th, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #16122
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

I replied in Slo thread.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #16123
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

giving HR motorways in concessions is hot topic nowadawys, too. i hope it won't happen.
Old September 25th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #16124
hofburg
middle lane hogger

which ones are state owned and which ones already in concession?
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #16125
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4003

From now on, Google Street View is available in Croatia and Chile.
Alex_ZR está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:30 PM   #16126
x-type
con los terroristas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
which ones are state owned and which ones already in concession?
HAC (A1 Bosiljevo - Ravča, A3, A4, A5) and ARZ (A1 Zagreb - Bosiljevo, A6, A7) are 100% owned by state.
AZM (A2) - 51% owned by Strabag, 49% owned by state
BINA Istra - 50,1% owned by French company Bouyges, rest is owned by combination of Croatian companies (HAC included). it has complicated structure because one of the owners is BINA Fincom, which is partially owned by companies which are also direct shareholders of BINA Istra. here is the scheme:
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #16127
x-type
con los terroristas

btw:

Last edited by x-type; September 25th, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
x-type no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #16128
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

We're surrounded.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #16129
x-type
con los terroristas

they have surprised me with coverage, it is excellent! i thought they would cover just major cities and motorways.
Old September 25th, 2012, 08:52 PM   #16130
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

You mean what they did in parts of Chile?

Thanks for showing me your email *starts spamming*
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #16131
x-type
con los terroristas

don't even joke with spamming, i got real bad argue with my friend because of it month ago
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #16132
hofburg
middle lane hogger

nice!! I'm checking it out
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #16133
dubart
HAL9001

Likes (Received): 158

I do it for 2 hours already Time to stop.
dubart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #16134
hofburg
middle lane hogger

found it! my favourite viaduct on D1

https://maps.google.si/?ll=44.057184...,56.87,,0,2.83
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #16135
Nordic20T

Likes (Received): 55

Nice, in Switzerland biggest part of Street View is now deleted.
Btw what about Romania? Will there be more?
Nordic20T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #16136
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

What is it with these German speakers and their dislike of Streetview? All over the world as common as muck, but still a large part of Germany missing, the Swiss deleting and the Austrians whingeing about privacy, even though they are all public roads...
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #16137
Nordic20T

Likes (Received): 55

I am a German speaker and have no problem with Street View. Maybe I'm part of a minority...
Last thing I heard is, that Google lowers the camera and records Switzerland once more. Until now, nothing happened.
Nordic20T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #16138
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist
I really hope someday, somehow the central Austrian government railroads (pun intended) the whining annoying NIMBYs of Tyrol and build all those highway links, regardless of what anti-progress back-to-1830 villagers think.
A villager in northern China attempting to resist a forced government relocation by remaining on his land was brutally crushed to death by a road flattening truck on the orders of a Chinese government official.

The story, which was censored in China’s state controlled media, has caused outrage amongst users of Weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter, given it’s horrifying similarity to what happened to student protesters who were crushed to death by tanks during the Tiananmen Square protests in 1989.

The victim, He Zhi Hua, refused to accept a paltry payment from the government which has forcefully evicted Changsha Village locals in order to re-appropriate their land for commercial use.

When Hua began a protest by lying down on the spot through which construction vehicles had to pass, the local Vice Mayor ordered workers for the state-owned company to murder Hua by driving over his body with a huge road-flattening truck.

Shocking images show Hua’s pulverized brains and his mangled body in the aftermath of the state-sponsored execution.

Fearing unrest if the story got out to a wider audience, the government sent in 200 men to keep angry locals at bay and hide the remains of the body. The man’s family was offered a sum of money in order to keep quiet about the incident.
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:30 AM   #16139
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK

A villager in northern China attempting to resist a forced government relocation by remaining on his land was brutally crushed to death by a road flattening truck on the orders of a Chinese government official.

The story, which was censored in China’s state controlled media, has caused outrage amongst users of Weibo, the Chinese version of Twitter, given it’s horrifying similarity to what happened to student protesters who were crushed to death by tanks during the Tiananmen Square protests in 1989.

The victim, He Zhi Hua, refused to accept a paltry payment from the government which has forcefully evicted Changsha Village locals in order to re-appropriate their land for commercial use.

When Hua began a protest by lying down on the spot through which construction vehicles had to pass, the local Vice Mayor ordered workers for the state-owned company to murder Hua by driving over his body with a huge road-flattening truck.

Shocking images show Hua’s pulverized brains and his mangled body in the aftermath of the state-sponsored execution.

Fearing unrest if the story got out to a wider audience, the government sent in 200 men to keep angry locals at bay and hide the remains of the body. The man’s family was offered a sum of money in order to keep quiet about the incident.
China could look like modern for certain things nowaday. But concerning human right and working condition it's still stuck in the XIX century (if compared to Europe). That's really bad for a growing economical power.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #16140
Road_UK
BANNED

I fully agree. But nobody in the west dares to say anything, as we heavily rely on their economy.

Tags
highways, motorways