daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 8th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #16421
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type

its width made me confused. namely, i have seen Po at A14 and A21 bridges. it is very wide at both places, even wider by A21.
Drava at Osijek (so some 20 km before its mouth) is half of that width. that's what made me believe that Po was longer.
You mean A13, A14 doesn't cross the Po.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #16422
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
You mean A13, A14 doesn't cross the Po.
exactly. i consider whole motorway from Padova to Puglia as A14 :rebel:
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #16423
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I consider the "Autostrada Adriatica" E45 from Bologna (boo) to Cesena, then E55 to Bari and finally E843 to near Massafra

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
wow! i never thought that Drava was longer than Po!
And I didn't knew that! Anyway, the Po is the longest river within Italy. Much like Ebro and Tagus, the former is the longest river within Spain, but the later is the longest Spanish river.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #16424
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Are you Belgian?
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #16425
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Nope, I'm Spanish. But I decided to use E-numbers where possible. I say E07 instead of A-23 and N-330, or E11 instead of A71 and A75, but now I find I have to say E45, E55 and E843 instead of A14 . And in the UK I have to write the national number alongside the European, like E13/M1, because E-numbers aren't signposted! British...
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #16426
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

"There'll always be an England
And England shall be free!"

Resist, Britannia!

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #16427
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL
Nope, I'm Spanish. But I decided to use E-numbers where possible. I say E07 instead of A-23 and N-330, or E11 instead of A71 and A75, but now I find I have to say E45, E55 and E843 instead of A14 . And in the UK I have to write the national number alongside the European, like E13/M1, because E-numbers aren't signposted! British...
As long as you're aware that a lot of E-routes are barmy routes, and in a lot of countries you will get to your destination a lot faster by following national route numbers.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #16428
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

I must admit I had to search for the definition of "barmy"

It's also a problem of communication: try asking anyone directions for the E843...

I know the E55 only because it's a great route for a travel; in Italy the only E-road vaguely recognized by travellers is the E45, only because it is a route of national importance not classifed as a motorway.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #16429
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
CNGL, here's one for you: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=4366

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #16430
Coccodrillo

Likes (Received): 768

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
...in Italy the only E-road vaguely recognized by travellers is the E45, only because it is a route of national importance not classifed as a motorway.
And because it's national number is an illogic SS 3 bis (a branch-style number for a main road)

für Güter die Bahn ~ pour vos marchandises le rail ~ chi dice merci dice ferrovia
Coccodrillo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #16431
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Lol, some little kid mistook me for his father today and sat on my lap (I was like 'wtf'). By the time he realized he made a mistake, we started laughing. Poor kid ran to his (real) father and was totally embarrassed, so I had to tell him it happens.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #16432
Wilhem275
The Transporter

You've been at risk of being treated as a pedophile...

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #16433
Verso
Islander

It did look odd. His father told him 'look better next time you decide to climb on someone'.
Old October 10th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #16434
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Lol, some little kid mistook me for his father today and sat on my lap (I was like 'wtf'). By the time he realized he made a mistake, we started laughing. Poor kid ran to his (real) father and was totally embarrassed, so I had to tell him it happens.
i did it once as a kid i remember it as it was yesterday, the weather, the location, everything. it was kinda 27 years ago

i also remember when i went to my aunt's flat, i was playing outside with kids and when i wanted to enter to flat, i entered into wrong apartment i was so confused, but people to whose apartment i entered were so kind and cool, as it happens every day
Old October 10th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #16435
Verso
Islander

^ Then you know how funny it was. I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time.
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #16436
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

The most embarassing street view scene ever
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #16437
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
^ Then you know how funny it was. I haven't had such a good laugh in a long time.
Some 60 years ago, when almost any car in Italy was this one:

my grandfather entered what was supposed to be his boss' Topolino, sat on the passenger seat and began talking about stuff, until the owner of the car asked him if he was sure about what he was doing

Old October 10th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #16438
Verso
Islander

Where is that license plate from?

-----------------------

Jesus is watching them.
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #16439
x-type
con los terroristas