daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #16501
SeanT
DK/H

Likes (Received): 63

In Denmark the police is very "edgy" about this scooter ishue. Monday evening, there was a program in the tv about a young fellow, which was taken by the police. He did not have a helmet, he had a passenger and the scooter could run with 60.
He got a fine around DKK 3500,- and if he get cut with a scooter like this within the next 3 years, he can say nothing but good-bye to it!
It will be confiscated!!
SeanT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #16502
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

I hear a lot of stories about Danish police. Apparently they are a bit harsh and oppressive.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #16503
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

That seems to be already for decades. I have relatives from Sweden (which has high fines too) and they often tell stories about Danish police from their friends or Swedish yellow news. I heard that it is almost a major crime to go 160 km/h on a motorway.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #16504
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

I've never seen a speed check in Denmark, nor any speed cameras for that matter. If they are around on the motorway, they must be doing it with unmarked police vehicles.

Anyway, the Danish speed limits are fairly reasonable, except for some remaining 110 km/h-stretches which are sometimes longer than necessary, but I believe it's policy to turn more segments to 130 km/h.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #16505
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

I have seen plenty of speed checks in Denmark. Their favourite is on the motorway bus stop behind the walls on the E47 between Copenhagen and Helsingor. But that is not my point. I am talking about harshness and a repressive police force. Several Danish friends told me about them, and I also had some Swedes confirming this.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2012, 10:48 PM   #16506
Sponsor

Hello guys!

I need help.

I am doing a little elaboration:
The urban transport organization - solutions in Western and Northern Europe (hope I translated it well).
I'd like to gather as much information as possible. It is meant to be about those classic issues like zone 30, congestion charges, priority for public transportation and anything else that make life in the cities better, getting around easier, air cleaner and so on.

We all know those tricks that developed over the years but I can't just write down what comes to my mind. What I need are sources that I could refer to. Books titles, authors, articles, anything...

If you have any ideas, please share with me. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Sponsor; October 18th, 2012 at 10:54 PM.
Sponsor está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #16507
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:15 AM   #16508
Nordic20T

Likes (Received): 55

What's special about these plates apart from the numbers?
Nordic20T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #16509
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Apart from the numbers I'd say nothing. But they could come in quite handy at speed checks
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:31 AM   #16510
Surel

Likes (Received): 2154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic20T View Post

What's special about these plates apart from the numbers?
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell the story. No one wanted to take these plates so the local police was forced to put them on their own car and use them.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 07:33 AM   #16511
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

Any of you have a recommendation for a 4 day mini vacation?
I have the period 1-4 November in mind.
It should be at decent distance from my location though, because booking a flight just 2 weeks before could be a little expensive
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #16512
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19389

Allgäu?
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #16513
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
Allgäu?
Mountains in cold season, not really my thing. I grew up in the plain, love the sun and warmth. Also, don't have snow chains, and have no idea how to use them .

I could maybe try something like Berlin or Dresden or Strasbourg.
The weather is tricky in this period though.
Old October 19th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #16514
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell the story. No one wanted to take these plates so the local police was forced to put them on their own car and use them.
They should have given them to some Chinese residents, 8 is a lucky number for them. I read in the license plate thread that a rich Chinese paid a lot of money to have a plate with many 8s (and someone claimed to have seen that car in Reykyavik ).
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #16515
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
love the sun and warmth.
adriatic coast or termal resort
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #16516
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
adriatic coast or termal resort
That could be a nice choice, Italy or Slovenia or Croatia.
My girlfriend wants Venice, but I heard in November there is high possibility of floods.
Old October 19th, 2012, 04:12 PM   #16517
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

I don't know about the floods. google Venice, Lignano, Grado, Zusterna, Portoroz, Opatija.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #16518
piotr71

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Mountains in cold season, not really my thing. I grew up in the plain, love the sun and warmth. Also, don't have snow chains, and have no idea how to use them .

I could maybe try something like Berlin or Dresden or Strasbourg.
The weather is tricky in this period though.
Berlin could be quite depressing in autumn, as well as Dresden. I'd rather head up to Alsace, however would chose to visit very colourful Colmar and surrounding towns (Riquewihr, Kayserberg) instead of Strasbourg. In nearby Mulhouse is located one of the most impressive car's museums in Europe. They collected a largest number of Bugatti cars in the world, under one roof , including Veyron. After that you may land in charming Basel and make some photos (if you want ) of (CH)(D)(F) tripont. On the way back don't miss to put your foot in beautiful medieval Shaffhausen, nearby Neuhausen with its waterfall (widest in Europe?) and German exclave Bussingen.
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #16519
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg
I don't know about the floods. google Venice, Lignano, Grado, Zusterna, Portoroz, Opatija.
In Lignano there isn't so much in this period, in the nearby Bibione there's a famous spa with a big swimming pool open year round. To stay in hofburg's country I would recommend Catez, even if summer is better for it because there are many facilities outside.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #16520
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
To stay in hofburg's country
Austria?
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways