daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:27 AM   #16761
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18308

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
sorry about the weather
Yeah, not the best weather.
I made a quick stop in Bled ignoring the rain, but didn't drive to Bohinj anymore.
Good thing is that in Ljubljana the rain stopped soon after it got dark, so I could enjoy the nice city center. I will probably do a little walking tomorrow morning if it won't rain.

In Austria on A10 there was much snow on the side of the road, but also on the road and those parts were frozen, I saw a car that was crashed in the side barrier. After Karawanke tunnel it seemed we got from winter to autumn
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:33 AM   #16762
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Yesterday night I was stopped by police outside a disco and it was the first time I was alchool-tested. Like every time I drive, I had 0%.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:34 AM   #16763
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

yeah a10 isnt pleasant to drive these days. It will be warmer on the coast.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:40 AM   #16764
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11831

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.W.N View Post
Not a long ago, court in Prešov has fined a school (I don´t know where) just because they splitted white and gypsy pupils into separated classrooms. Gypsy pupils were dangerous, rude and bullied white pupils.
But courts in Slovakia don´t care about it, they think that splitting pupils is racism.
still, one has only take a look of what people the jails consists of. in hungary most of the people doing time are -you might not guess- roma.

by the way, do you know whats the most shocking with hungarian jails? that according to a report, most of the imprisoned women were sentenced because they either killed their husbands in self-defense, or have taken revenge on their husbands for beating them up or for abusing them permanently.

now that really shocked me. that domestic violence is a private matter in hungary until it comes to an actual crime. i dont know how this is in your countries...
JackFrost no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:46 AM   #16765
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
-what does the little roma kid get for christmas?
-your bike

so anyway, i have also no clue what to do with them. and europe has so much more important problems than dealing with a couple of people who are stuck in the middle age.
Problems such as blatant bigotry (from more than a couple of people)? Talk about the Middle Ages....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:47 AM   #16766
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost
now that really shocked me. that domestic violence is a private matter in hungary until it comes to an actual crime.
Until the 70s in Italy rape was a crime against the moral and not against the person. And until the 50s many men were left free after they killed their "infidel" woman.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:48 AM   #16767
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf
Yesterday night I was stopped by police outside a disco and it was the first time I was alchool-tested. Like every time I drive, I had 0%.
Two weeks ago i ve tried it for the first time too. I had 0.08%.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:55 AM   #16768
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
Problems such as blatant bigotry (from more than a couple of people)? Talk about the Middle Ages....
speaking of political correctness...
btw, heres what your blatant bigotrian neighbors think about this issue:

http://news.sympatico.cbc.ca/home/hu...eport/4b5a56f9

Last edited by JackFrost; November 2nd, 2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 01:22 AM   #16769
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

That agency doesn't speak for all Canadians any more than you, I hope, speak for all Central Europeans or even all Austrians. (Or, I acknowledge before someone says it, than I speak for all Americans. But if you replaced every occurrence of the word "gypsy" or "Roma" on the last page of this thread with, say, "black," you'd come up with the sorts of garbage I sincerely haven't heard in decades except from Tea Partiers on TV or on the Internet. And replace them with "Jewish," you go to a place I would think Europeans would know better than to go to again.)

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 01:27 AM   #16770
JackFrost
Hun Solo

still, its an agency, judging roma after how they behave. i mean this agency experienced that most of the roma are like that.

but anyway, i admit it, i dont like them, not because i am a racist but because of the way they behave. be proud of yourself the you have so much tolerance in your heart, i certainly dont. you can take them all if you want to the US, nobody will miss them here in eastern europe, thats for sure.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 01:31 AM   #16771
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods
That agency doesn't speak for all Canadians any more than you, I hope, speak for all Central Europeans or even all Austrians. (Or, I acknowledge before someone says it, than I speak for all Americans. But if you replaced every occurrence of the word "gypsy" or "Roma" on the last page of this thread with, say, "black," you'd come up with the sorts of garbage I sincerely haven't heard in decades except from Tea Partiers on TV or on the Internet. And replace them with "Jewish," you go to a place I would think Europeans would know better than to go to again.)
Jews and blacks are traditionally part of, respectively, the European and American society. They never had been a problem for the rest of the society (well, there are criminals among them like among whites, Asians, Christians, Muslims,...). Instead, they had been victims of the intolerance of the white and "christian" majority. They had been prosecuted several times for no reason. They want to be integrated.

Gypsies, on the other hand refuse to integrate and refuse the laws of the country where they live. It's not the same thing, sorry.

EDIT: agree to the previous Jack Frost post.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 02:59 AM   #16772
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
you can take them all if you want to the US, nobody will miss them here in eastern europe, thats for sure.
...and neither here in Western Europe!
Satyricon84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 09:01 AM   #16773
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18308

Quote:
yeah a10 isnt pleasant to drive these days. It will be warmer on the coast.
I will stll have to return on it on Sunday
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:35 AM   #16774
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by seem View Post
Two weeks ago i ve tried it for the first time too. I had 0.08%.
Sure? It's rather a high value. 0.08 percent means you're slightly drunk.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 11:52 AM   #16775
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Greetings from Ljubljana!
Very nice city!
Quote:
sorry about the weather
That's why I'm escaping to sunny Turkey in a few hours. Prepare for a flu pandemic.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:01 PM   #16776
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
I don't really think that you understand the problem. As I already noted, the Roma were the most integrated into the majority society during the communism that forced them to integrate. The racial problems that were and are existing in the US were unheard of in e.g. Czech republic during the communism.

I can guarantee you, that the majority doesn't wish anything else than to have them integrated into the society. However, only very few individuals are able to fully integrate and have some success in achieving living standards on their own. It is very difficult for those individuals as the Roma community considers them not a role models, but sort of traitors and tries to drag them down back to the misery.

For example education or their children is not seen as a priority for the parents. However, if you are a politician and want a policy that would condition the payment of social benefits to the parents by checking whether the children are at school, you are of course called racists. Same when you would start special school curriculums, special schools are then unspeakable.

Personally I know a czech majority family that adopted two roma kids and they are doing quite great... Their biggest worry allways was that when the kids grow up, the community will come and drag them. I have also experiences with a community program targeted mostly on the young Roma. I know a few Roma that are working and leading "normal" life. There are a few succesful Roma in the Czech republic music industry. etc etc. On the other side, there are multiple cases that someone I know was threatened or attacked by the Roma people.

Surelly, there are far right movements, that behave racists. Those are also mostly movements identifying themselves with the nazi ideology and I can assure you that they were and are on the radar of the police force and if ever there is attack on the Roma those are investigated as racial attacks with much stricter punishment appliable. The attacks from the Roma community directed towards the majority are although not looked up as racists many times.

It is not black and white problem, but denying that it is a problem is not making it dissapear.

To be honest I dont really think that it makes difference whether you use the word Gypsy, Roma, or the politically correct version Unadaptables when you are talking about the problem. It is anyway an ethnic problem. People of Roma ethnic minority are not accepting the rules of the majority regardless of the ethnicity of the majority around Europe.

It was quite common to hear in the 90s a ctiticism from the west europe about racism against the Roma in the Czech republic. It took only open borders and first Romas that moved into France, Germany, Great Britain, Netherlands etc and you now see real state "racism" in practise going on there. Well, why is that?

The political correctness is only making this problem grow deeper and rot as an untreated ulcer. Due to political correctness no one is allowed to talk about the problem openly, no one is allowed to treat the problem and try to improve the conditions of the Roma community, civilizing them. Programs targeted at the Roma community are deemed racists. What is then left?

some interesting videos:

UK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBydN...eature=related

Serbia:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuCpw...feature=relmfu

Czech republic (some of the photos used are factually incorrect as I see it, but interesting talk neverthless):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JpWJc3HaAI

Czech eurovision representatives in 2009:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsjBPt-GeFc

Attack on a Roma faimly in Czech republic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VY_QoLXbj8

Roma youngsters attacking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsUTUhxSc1g

RomeaTV in 2008 in Czech republic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cMdoY0r6zY

Slovakia(would like to see the arresting in the US ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTltu...eature=related

Slovakia petty crime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5-i...eature=related

Czech republic, Roma aggression
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...qRDhMHmRg&NR=1

well, anyway its more complex than few videos on youtube.

Last edited by Surel; November 2nd, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:14 PM   #16777
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
I'm sure I will be stopped by police for an alcohol test for the first time next Sunday .
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:28 PM   #16778
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
thats the way it is. i couldnt stop laughing in 2010 when some french EU smartass was yelling at hungary for being racists, and in the meantime prime minister sarkozy had... well, lets say, other problems

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11080315

anyway, a big problem for us here, but definately not a race problem. as i said before, you will not value a shower, when you dont have the need to wash yourself. its as simple as that.

and i honestly believe, that western europe underestimated this problem when allowing eastern europe to join eu in 2004 and 2007.

Last edited by JackFrost; November 2nd, 2012 at 12:35 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM   #16779
seem
Mornar bez mora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attus
Sure? It's rather a high value. 0.08 percent means you're slightly drunk.
I had just two beers. After about 1 hour I was going back home on my bike and suddenly police car stoped next to me and they asked me to stop. There is almost no traffic on that road so I was quite surprised.

Policemen asked me if I had some alcohol and of coarse I said I didnt.

After they tested me they just laught ironicaly and asked me why I was lying. I replied that I had some beer a long time ago and I thought it would be ok by now. I had both lights on my bike and they said they are not going to give me a fine as it really is a low number. I just should be more careful about that as the fines are really high. I was like wow, they were really nice for Slovak policemen. 0.08% is really low actually, Slovak parliament was voting about the limit for bikers last month. They wanted to change it to 0.21%, in some EU countries it is 0.5%.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM   #16780
seem
Mornar bez mora

Welcome to Slovakia

Tags
highways, motorways