daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:04 AM   #16821
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
UK Foreign Office issues travel warnings to British citizens of Asian and Caribbean decent to use extreme caution when travelling to eastern European countries.
Jesus...
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:09 AM   #16822
MajKeR_
¡La Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9111

Quote:
UK Foreign Office issues travel warnings to British citizens of Asian and Caribbean decent to use extreme caution when travelling to eastern European countries.
Fine. They fight themselves but their own weapon - racism against racism.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:18 AM   #16823
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Likes (Received): 11829

Quote:
Welcome to the 21st century. Or don't you think that Los Angeles has problems with Latinos? Or the Netherlands, Belgium and France with Moroccons? But they go about it two different ways. Your situation is not new here. But if they want to be members of society they will have the right to a far chance without being called bloody gibsy.
they dont want chances, they dont want to be members of our society. why is that so hard to understand?

Quote:
I do not have to read the Daily Express to learn that the UK Foreign Office issues travel warnings to British citizens of Asian and Caribbean decent to use extreme caution when travelling to eastern European countries. Many incidents have been reported at embassies and consulates.
well, if thats true, that really makes me want to throw up. sorry, but thats ridicolous. nothing will happen here with caribbean or asian people. we have a lot of chinese/vietnamese people living in budapest anyway.

but i am curious now: what does your smart media tell about us? tell me more. that when night breaks, we go back to our caves and celebrate human sacrifices? or that we dont go shopping, but go for manhunts for black/asian/brown people and eat them?

i think your media is the problem. not us.

Last edited by JackFrost; November 3rd, 2012 at 12:26 AM.
JackFrost está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:27 AM   #16824
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

Greetings from Pula, Croatia!
Temperature reached 20C today!!!
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:32 AM   #16825
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost

they dont want chances, they dont want to be members of our society. why is that so hard to understand?

well, if thats true, that really makes me want to throw up. sorry, but thats ridicolous. nothing will happen here with caribbean or asian people. we have a lot of chinese/vietnamese people living in budapest anyway.

but i am curious now: what does your smart media tell about us? tell me more. that when night breaks, we go back to our caves and celebrate human sacrifices? or that we dont go shopping, but go for manhunts for black/asian/brown people and eat them?

i think your media is the problem. not us.
I have travelled enough around eastern Europe to draw my own conclusions. I pick up from the BBC, my girlfriend is Russian, you live in Vienna probably for a reason and the beer in Krakow is great.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:34 AM   #16826
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

western countries are so tolerant of gypsies so the latter have flooded eastern countries in last 5 years. my city is full of gypsies with foreign plates, mostly french, italian ans spanish. i know there is not fantastic economic situation in these countries, but is one lousy Croatia really El Dorado nowadays so they are flocking here? yeah right
and what do we have now? few hunderds of people who are behaving as they have come from inner Amazonas, and not refined France, jobless, uneducated, not intending to find some jobs at all. just breeding, multiplying and griping and weeping in front of cameras haw the society doesn't want to accept them.
we have also increase of Chinese population. they are also multiplying themselves, but they are WORKING! for god's sake, they are not parasites of society, they want to work because they are conscious of the fact that it is their only opportunity to live.
oh, i forgot. there are also gypsies who are working. stealing copper wires from public infrastructure.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:38 AM   #16827
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
Greetings from Pula, Croatia!
Temperature reached 20C today!!!

told ya how is everything?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:38 AM   #16828
JackFrost
Hun Solo

Quote:
you live in Vienna probably for a reason.
yeah, because of the criminally low salaries in hungary (but i like living in vienna, and i admire austria), but still the main reason is the money. i am not willing to even touch my alarm clock for getting up every day at 6:00 for 3-400 euros/month. my life is too short for that.

but what does this have to do with gypsies now? anyway, i think everything has been said about this people.

by the way, with x-type's post, that must be the 20th user from eastern/central europe with a negative opinion about gypsies. why is that i am asking myself...
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:40 AM   #16829
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Back from the depths of Italian South.
Just in time for this fun topic!

How goes it?

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:43 AM   #16830
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost

yeah, because of the criminally low salaries in hungary (but i like living in vienna, and i admire austria), but still the main reason is the money. i am not willing to even touch my alarm clock for 3-400 euros/month. my life is too short for that.

but what does this is have to do with gypsies now? anyway, i think everything has been spoken about this people.
Me too. I am an immigrant in Austria as well. But I am here for the mountains, the skiing, the schnapps etc etc. Wages are low in Tirol compared to Holland and England, even though it's supposed to be the richest Bundesland..

By the way, I like Hungary... Been there many times..
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:45 AM   #16831
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

And Schnitzel and Spätzle?

Germany and Austria may be the best countries in Europe (in my limited experience) for comfort food....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:52 AM   #16832
JackFrost
Hun Solo

there are the best places in europe -but not for the food. both are modern, healthy and wealthy countries. i like that. hopefully hungary will also among them some day -it doesnt look like that now
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:57 AM   #16833
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18302

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
told ya how is everything?
It's really great, we don't want to return to Germany
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:01 AM   #16834
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post

by the way, with x-type's post, that must be the 20th user from eastern/central europe with a negative opinion about gypsies. why is that i am asking myself...
not about all. in the firm where i work we have employeed few of them and they show that a gypsy can also work and live normal life. but when they refuse it, as they usually do, then we come to those stereotypical things.
(i am crying when i see how much money is being spent for their integration to society, and it isn't helping)
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:07 AM   #16835
MajKeR_
¡La Ley y la Justicia!

Likes (Received): 9111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Frost View Post
there are the best places in europe -but not for the food. both are modern, healthy and wealthy countries. i like that. hopefully hungary will also among them some day -it doesnt look like that now
A quintessence of Europe is northern Italy - not only rich, but also beautiful in many cases.

Kiedy padł ten pierwszy strzał, Kosteczku, to wszystko się zaczęło, zaczęli strzelać ci grenszuce, których chłopcy jeszcze nie zdążyli rozbroić, i zaczęli strzelać ci chłopcy, którzy już mieli jakieś karabiny albo nulachty, i posypało się trochę strzałów. Słyszałeś krzyki:
- Erich dostoł! - i do dziś nie wiesz, czy to krzyczał grenszuc, czy powstaniec.
Szczepan Twardoch, „Morfina”, o wybuchu I powstania śląskiego.
MajKeR_ está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:34 AM   #16836
Broccolli

Likes (Received): 936

Last edited by Broccolli; November 20th, 2012 at 03:07 AM.
Broccolli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:35 AM   #16837
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn's Woods View Post
And Schnitzel and Spätzle?

Germany and Austria may be the best countries in Europe (in my limited experience) for comfort food....
Austria is quite OK, German cousine it's probably the worst in the continent together with the British.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajKeR_ View Post
A quintessence of Europe is northern Italy - not only rich, but also beautiful in many cases.
Thanks.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 02:53 AM   #16838
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

Someone in Salzburg invited me for a dinner to a restaurant with traditional austrian cuisine, I wondered what will that be like and then I realized they eat the same food as us

is anybodyelse's facebook down?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:09 AM   #16839
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Austria is quite OK, German cousine it's probably the worst in the continent together with the British.
I didn't say Germany and Austria had the best food in Europe, but the best "comfort food." Which I suppose I'd define as simple, hearty food that makes you feel good. (My mother's meatloaf with a side of macaroni-and-cheese, for example.) Maybe the expression's not used over there....

[Shit, now I'm hungry....]

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:04 AM   #16840
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Welcome to the 21st century. Or don't you think that Los Angeles has problems with Latinos? Or the Netherlands, Belgium and France with Moroccons? But they go about it two different ways. Your situation is not new here. But if they want to be members of society they will have the right to a far chance without being called bloody gibsy.
If only Roma were at least of the level of Marokkanen, Somaliërs, Arubanen etc (whatever names there are). But never mind. Talking about highly developed country that makes lists of allochtoonen (listing people based on their ethnicity) and spiting filth about racisms, how typical. There is quite a lot of "racism" in the NL whether you like it or not. Several times I was approached by the Dutch having rasistic remarks about their coloured fellow citizens. What was their supprise when I explained them that I am not Dutch and not interested in their theories. Funny, that they actually talked about the people that were right at that moment hard working in front of them and not stealing their cars or doing petty crime. Not at all talking about official political stances that are supported by public in all those advanced countries you mentioned.

You clearly miss the whole point, criticizing eastern europeans for talking about an obvious problem and calling them racists, when they are pointing the problem out and discussing the possibilities. Instead of that I would really like to hear some constructive remarks which you obviously miss altogether with the whole advanced western Europe which most applied solutions for EE gypsy integration were visas or deportations. Yeah, lock them all up. What do you think that the police in the EE does in this respect? Or should they introduce some special program targeted especially at the gypsies and their neighbourhoods, wouldn't that be racists?

Typical. First claim that those people are target of racists attacks in EE and then when those people supposedly flee to the countries where they would thus not be the targets, they are transported back to the hell where they came from.

Well, I would not guarantee your safety if you were black, white, yellow, brown or green, and walking with a thick golden chain around your neck in a gypsy ghetto.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways