daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:24 PM   #16881
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lum Lumi View Post
How's that fair trial fir that Brazilian guy executed in cold blood by UK police going?
How the hell should I know.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:24 PM   #16882
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Actually, a lot of these criminals in the UK are ethnic Romanians, not gypsies. Also the ones that cause a steer in Innsbruck are ethnic Romanians. Same with the ones who pose as police officers in Austria, Spain and Italy...
How do you know? I am quite interested, becaue the racits EE Czech republic police is not allowed to notice the ethnicity of the perpetrators down, because that would be racists, unlike it is done in many advanced democratic countries.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:26 PM   #16883
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surel View Post
How do you know? I am quite interested, becaue the racits EE Czech republic police is not allowed to notice the ethnicity of the perpetrators down, because that would be racists, unlike it is done in many advanced democratic countries.
The ones that robbed me in Italy, as well as the ones that robbed my colleague in Austria are Romanian white boys. A TV program followed Romanian skimmers around undercover, and they were white. Don't blame your criminals on gibsies...
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM   #16884
Surel

Likes (Received): 2155

Quote:
The ones that robbed me in Italy, as well as the ones that robbed my colleague in Austria are Romanian white boys. A TV program followed Romanian skimmers around undercover, and they were white. Don't blame your criminals on gibsies...
You wrote this:

a lot of these criminals in the UK are ethnic Romanians, not gypsies

Besides you are putting words into my mouth:
Quote:
Don't blame your criminals on gibsies...
I was just sincerely intersted whether there exists a statistic in the countries like UK, NL, France of the criminals based on their ethnicity. Thats all. If it does. Isn't it racists? I believe in the US such statistic exists.
Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM   #16885
Lum Lumi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK

How the hell should I know.
Don't you have fair trials in that island of yours? Or do you simply execute brown people and ask questions later?

P.S. This is what you sound like, but the roles are reserved.
Lum Lumi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:59 PM   #16886
Satyricon84
Ice Road Metaller

Likes (Received): 110

Not all gypsies have dark skin. The Sinti for example are tendentially white. They own in general the wander-circuses and somehow they try to integrate themselves with their work. Some of them also emerged and became famous (In Italy everybody know the Orfei Circus). Roma gypsies instead......
Satyricon84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM   #16887
piotr71

Let's learn from more developed parts of the world how to make Roma people integrated.

Quote:
Home News Nation / World
Over 100 Romanian Gypsies leave N. Ireland after attacks
JournalNow Staff | Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:00 am

DUBLIN -- More than 100 Romanian Gypsies who suffered racist attacks and intimidation in Belfast are being flown back home at taxpayer expense, the Northern Ireland government said yesterday.
Northern Ireland housing minister Margaret Ritchie said that 25 of the 117 Romanians targeted by stone-throwing extremists have already been flown back to Romania, and most of the rest were expected to leave soon. All were having their temporary housing and flights paid by the government's Housing Executive.
She said that only 14 planned to stay in Belfast, where Eastern European immigrants housed in the poorest Protestant districts frequently have suffered hostility ranging from bigoted graffiti to broken windows.
She said that the anti-Romanian violence demonstrated that parts of Northern Ireland still view other ethnic groups with hatred, despite more than 10 years of peacemaking between the territory's British Protestant majority and its Irish Catholic minority.
----------------

Let's back to roads

However, let me ask a question first, question to RoadUk. You probably know this part of Greater London, don't you? It's Southall, very nice place with an exotic touch.
I am only wondering why and where (I actually know where - as far away as possible) all white people moved from this nice, inhabited by 'well integrated' minority, area?

A map

And the road:

Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:26 PM   #16888
Road_UK
BANNED

LOL
Point taken.
I have driven through that High Street a few times, and it is actually a very nice area, but it is like being in a foreign country. These are one of the better areas. You should try Bradford, Luton or Leicester, which makes me miss home whenever I am there. But these minorities (!) are ever so friendly...

But people are free to stick together, and the authorities give them everything they need. A bit too much in my opinion at times...
Old November 3rd, 2012, 05:28 PM   #16889
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9157

I'll get back to the roads too... Literally. In about an hour maybe I'll drive back some 250 kms from Veliko Tarnovo in central northern Bulgaria to Sofia, which I drove in the opposite direction this morning.

So greetings from Veliko Tarnovo in this sunny and hot day here, surprising weather for early November, as I drank a coffee in a T-shirt outside, when one would think that you need a pullover and a jacket.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:41 PM   #16890
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18308

Greetings from Piran and Portoro˛!
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 08:55 PM   #16891
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 10:58 PM   #16892
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

So, I was just watching TV (well, fooling around on the computer with the TV on, not actually looking at the TV) when I heard a bit of a sizzling noise, looked up and saw that the picture had contracted and the color was off.... When I went to change the channel, thinking it was just that one, I noticed a bit of smoke coming out of the top of the set.

I got it the heck out of my apartment; it is currently sitting in my back garden. I guess tomorrow, it'll go in the trash. Good thing I was home!

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
AB BC MB NB NS ON PE QC SK ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:23 PM   #16893
Road_UK
BANNED

To the store to get a new one?
Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:26 PM   #16894
piotr71

Was it one of this?

What a pity
Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:37 PM   #16895
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
To the store to get a new one?
On line to price them first. Of course, if it means I miss the last few days of this campaign it may be just as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr71 View Post

Was it one of this?

What a pity
It was not a little box with a red X in it. :-)

It was a Panasonic I'd owned since about 1990 and never had any trouble with; knew I'd have to replace it eventually....

But the sizzling and the smoke was a dramatic way to go. (The smell's only starting to fade now.)

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
AL CA CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN KY ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NH NJ NY NC ND OH OR PA RI SC SD TN UT VT VA WA WV WI WY ---
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:53 PM   #16896
Road_UK
BANNED

So now you will get a smart tv, with flat-screen, YouTube, Facebook, SSC, USB and options to have sex with it...
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #16897
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
So now you will get a smart tv, with flat-screen, YouTube, Facebook, SSC, USB and options to have sex with it...
I'm wading through stuff about features like ethernet ports... All I want is a picture! Sheesh....

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old November 4th, 2012, 01:01 AM   #16898
Road_UK
BANNED

Oh but a tv is soooo much more then just a picture these days... Don't tell me you just want to watch programmes on it... It's like putting a cd on to listen to music. Although, I remember the days when I wanted to change channels: I actually had to get up out of my chair and walk over all the way to the tv set...
Old November 4th, 2012, 01:11 AM   #16899
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

That would be all well and good if I were prepared for this and had had time to research what's out there. In other words, if I had a working TV but was ready to spend money on a new one, I'd spend some time on that and then do it. Right now, I just want to restore the status quo ante with a minimum of effort, in a minimum of time, and for a minimum of money.

DRIVEN IN BEEN IN:
A B CH D F GB I L NL
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #16900
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9157

Quote:
Although, I remember the days when I wanted to change channels: I actually had to get up out of my chair and walk over all the way to the tv set...
And people invented the first "remote control" - a long stick with which they could press buttons on the tv-set, without getting up from the chair or sofa...
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways