daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 5th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #16961
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

...well, who doesn't why did you go to Izola, and then all the way back?
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #16962
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
...well, who doesn't why did you go to Izola, and then all the way back?
It was a beach recommended by you there

I have also a new passport stamp

Last edited by cinxxx; November 5th, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
cinxxx está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #16963
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Old November 5th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #16964
Surel

Likes (Received): 2156

Surel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:34 AM   #16965
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio
Guys (& gals if some are reading)... I need advice for a destination for a 3-4-5 days trip in the beginning of January... Some place with mild climate as it is in the middle of winter, and enough thing for a tourist to visit and see. Also a place with an international airport, as I want to go together with my wife and 1.5 yo daughter which means many hours of travelling by car isn't a good option.
In Sardinia is too cold for sea turism in this period. I would recommend better Sicily or mainland southern Italy. You won't sunbath there but there are more historical sites than in Sardinia, that are pleasant to visit in the chilly, but rarely cold especially on the coast, winter weather.
You can also go to Greece or Turkey, that is easily feasible also by car from Bulgaria.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

Last edited by italystf; November 5th, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #16966
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg

Venice is cold. Florence might be, but there is no sea. Sea is good for climate in the winter, it keeps warm. Sardegna is also quite cheap.

@cinxx nice videos. how come you went to predjama? I don't think anyone suggested that to you
Florence isn't much warmer than Venice in winter. It's two parallels more south but also in a more continental area and closer to mountains.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #16967
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx

It was a beach recommended by you there

I have also a new passport stamp
Did you asked for it? Afaik they usually don't stamp it, since you can enter HR with ID.
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:39 AM   #16968
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Chilio, I'd suggest Genoa, but the airport is not so well connected... you may find interesting connections with Milan airports, and then trains. And, even though the climate is mild in winter, the city gives its best with lots of sunlight

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #16969
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
@cinxx nice videos. how come you went to predjama? I don't think anyone suggested that to you
A friend of mine was there and also in the cave, and Postojna too.
I didn't have the time for the caves, but liked the idea with castle in the cliff, so I went there. It was really nice
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #16970
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Did you asked for it? Afaik they usually don't stamp it, since you can enter HR with ID.
No, I didn't ask.
The customs officer looked inside the pages, and then stamped it.
I only had a touristic stamp of Liechtenstein, my GF also had a stamp from Beograd airport 2 years ago.
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:23 AM   #16971
hofburg
middle lane hogger

Likes (Received): 464

eh, del

Last edited by hofburg; November 5th, 2012 at 02:56 AM.
hofburg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 02:25 AM   #16972
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Oh, come on... that's not funny.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Wilhem275 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #16973
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

Likes (Received): 9161

Anyway, as I already posted in this thread... I think places near Milano are good options, as there are a lot of low-cost air connections to Bergamo. But I'm not asking only about Italy. So any advice about central European capitals etc. also is welcome. Any views of the January weather in Prague, Budapest... Is it tolerable for sightseeing?

Last edited by Chilio; November 5th, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
Chilio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #16974
Gyorgy

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Rarely if crossing by car, always on a train.
Gyorgy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #16975
italystf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio
Anyway, as I already posted in this thread... I think places near Milano are good options, as there are a lot of low-cost air connections to Bergamo. But I'm not asking only about Italy. So any advice about central European capitals etc. also is welcome. Any views of the January weather in Prague, Budapest... Is it tolerable for sightseeing?
Prague and Budapest may be too cold and snowy in this period. What about Spain or Southern France? Or Central Italy (Rome)?
Old November 5th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #16976
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

I thought also of Spain and Portugal, but they are too far away and flight time is longer (it will be the first time my daughter will fly, so I don't know how it will be, as she is too small) and also flight tickets are quite more expensive.
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #16977
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2122

Just mounted winter tires. 23°C here
g.spinoza está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #16978
Attus

Likes (Received): 1039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilio View Post
Budapest in January may be very cold.
Attus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #16979
Chilio
Небостъргачевград

And what about Bucharest (probably by car)... I think there's also things for sightseeing and is a city worth visiting?
Old November 5th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #16980
seem
Mornar bez mora

Likes (Received): 79

Quote:
Prague and Budapest may be too cold and snowy in this period. What about Spain or Southern France? Or Central Italy (Rome)?
Budapest or Prague might be really cold (but rather rarely snowy) but I think that also windy and wet weather by the medditeranean might be harsh. At least in England it felt really cold by the sea when it was like 8C. Maybe inner Spain might be better in the Winter. I was thinking to go to Madrid in February/March.

Zauvik si tu, u mojim mislima i grudima..
seem no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways