daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 11th, 2013, 12:04 AM   #19181
makaveli6
(:

Likes (Received): 1315

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
i really don't know what should Microsoft offer me with IE to start using it. money maybe? i can't think of anything else.
I tought the same, until I tried the new IE.

My clinched highways in Latvia (updated Jan 2018), Lithuania (updated Jan 2018) &
Poland.
makaveli6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #19182
Alex_ZR

Likes (Received): 4003

That map is just one of the whole set with maps of European countires. Friend of mine also has it.

Zagor666 liked this post
Alex_ZR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #19183
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

I also have this old road atlas,europe and yugolsvia very detailed from the 70s

and this INA map of yugoslavia(late 70s or early 80s)

Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #19184
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.W.N View Post
Are there any plans for Google street view in Slovenia?
Yes, there are, but we'll have to wait for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagor666 View Post
i found i my stuff some old distance map of yugoslavia
That's a modern map! I don't understand something though. If that side is L-P (Ljubljana-Priština (actually Lj-P )) and the other side I assume is A-K, then where is R-Ž, with major cities like Zagreb, Skopje, Sarajevo and Titograd (Podgorica)? And where did they get Treviso?

On another topic: does anyone else think that Photobucket became shit last year? You can't even set image size any more, it's always set on 1024×768, you can only resize it after you already uploaded an image. You can't upload URL either (although they say it's coming back soon).

Zagor666 liked this post

Last edited by Verso; February 11th, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #19185
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Yes, there are, but we'll have to wait for a while.

That's a modern map! I don't understand something though. If that side is L-P (Ljubljana-Priština (actually Lj-P )) and the other side I assume is A-K, then where is R-Ž, with major cities like Zagreb, Skopje, Sarajevo and Titograd (Podgorica)? And where did they get Treviso?

On another topic: does anyone else think that Photobucket became shit last year? You can't even set image size any more, it's always set on 1024×768, you can only resize it after you already uploaded an image. You can't upload URL either (although they say it's coming back soon).
there were 2 papers(so 4 sides) with all major cities from yugoslavia.which one exactly you can see on the map(the cities have a green cover).i asked myself often why treviso and not venezia

Verso liked this post
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:43 AM   #19186
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

Bill Cosby "I'm 83 and Tired"

I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for when I was doing my National Service, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly 40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired.
I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.
I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; Muslims burning schools for girls; Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.
I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and Madrasa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia , New Zealand , UK, America and Canada , while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance..
I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate.
I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?
I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.
I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.
I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck themselves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves unemployable and claiming money from the Government.
Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 83.. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and their children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #19187
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

About young people with tatoos I wouldn't blame them but the employers that make discriminations in relations with appearances. Personally I don't like tatoos and pearcing and I would never get one, but it's just a matter of taste. Not giving a job to someone just for that reason is backwardness and bigotry, not to mention against the meritocracy (you may assume a less competent person just because appears like you like). But unfortunately such discriminations in employment still exist.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #19188
Mateusz

Likes (Received): 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
Found this on Facebook and had to share it with you guys.

Don't you just love 60's Italian movies
I really like Italian movies from 70s and 80s based around Mafia with all these mad pursuits... immense amounts of cool Alfas, Lancias and so on.
Mateusz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #19189
Orionol
Mötesplatsen

Likes (Received): 263

This, I like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanzo_Criminale
Old February 11th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #19190
x-type
con los terroristas

Likes (Received): 3437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
set it back to old view. this new thing is crap. i think you have that option somewhere, i managed to do it.

Old February 11th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #19191
RipleyLV

Likes (Received): 2268

New Photobucket is a complete rubbish, I went to the old one straight back.
RipleyLV no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #19192
Nordic20T

Likes (Received): 55

New Photobucket is really horrible. I went back to the old view too, but they say they will change it anyway in 21 days?
Nordic20T no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #19193
italystf

Likes (Received): 2185

Meanwhile in Forlì, Italy

Zagor666 liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #19194
Road_UK
BANNED

Obviously a very weak wall. What a about very fat men?
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #19195
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipleyLV View Post
New Photobucket is a complete rubbish, I went to the old one straight back.
which change was good???evrything new is crap
Old February 11th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #19196
Road_UK
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagor666 View Post

which change was good???evrything new is crap
I know. You remember when mobile phones came out and all the crap we had to read in the papers about answering phones in public...
Old February 11th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #19197
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-type View Post
set it back to old view. this new thing is crap. i think you have that option somewhere, i managed to do it.

Quote:
I hate this new photobucket I think its unfair to those that have used photobucket faithfully as their number one editing site especially when you provide no option to now go back to the original photobucket.
http://support.photobucket.com/entri...otobucket-back
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #19198
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Get used to it. They will probably change some very annoying matters but new view is surely here to stay (as with almost all new things).
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #19199
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18299

I saw today on the road to work a Toyota Corolla Verso
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #19200
bgd77

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionol View Post
Thanks! I have put it on my to-watch list.

Orionol liked this post
bgd77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways