daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 12th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #19201
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4752

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
I saw today on the road to work a Toyota Corolla Verso
Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #19202
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara

Likes (Received): 18313

I saw dozens of Toyota Corollas until now, but never one Verso
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #19203
Penn's Woods
Deadpan Snarker

Likes (Received): 781

As has already been pointed out privately, this rant is a hoax:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/bil...Bill-Cosby.htm

http://billcosby.com/2011/09/if-you-...to-hit-delete/

I wasn't going to waste any more time here, but Cosby's very respected in these parts, and I know bullshit when I see it.

Ciao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_UK View Post
Bill Cosby "I'm 83 and Tired"

I've worked hard since I was 17. Except for when I was doing my National Service, I put in 50-hour weeks, and didn't call in sick in nearly 40 years. I made a reasonable salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, it looks as though retirement was a bad idea, and I'm tired. Very tired.
I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.
I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; Muslims burning schools for girls; Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.
I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries use our oil money to fund mosques and Madrasa Islamic schools to preach hate in Australia , New Zealand , UK, America and Canada , while no one from these countries are allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia or any other Arab country to teach love and tolerance..
I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate.
I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses or stick a needle in their arm while they tried to fight it off?
I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of all parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.
I'm really tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.
I'm also tired and fed up with seeing young men and women in their teens and early 20's be-deck themselves in tattoos and face studs, thereby making themselves unemployable and claiming money from the Government.
Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 83.. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and their children. Thank God I'm on the way out and not on the way in
Penn's Woods no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #19204
Road_UK
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1599

I thought it was real. Shame. I really like Bill Cosby.
Road_UK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #19205
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinxxx View Post
I saw dozens of Toyota Corollas until now, but never one Verso
I see them every now and then.
Old February 12th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #19206
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Meanwhile in The Netherlands.

Hobbelpaard = Rocking horse
keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #19207
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 898

I saw something interesting but I've forgotten what it was.
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #19208
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

While Daniel remembers what was that interesting thing, here is my latest catch :
[IMG]http://i50.************/vnnplj.jpg[/IMG]

I got it in Zaragoza for some €20.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #19209
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19424

I prefer Rand McNally for American atlases. I think their 2014 atlas will be released in a month or two.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #19210
bogdymol
bogdymod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
I prefer Rand McNally for American atlases. I think their 2014 atlas will be released in a month or two.
I don't get one thing. Why will the release the 2014 version in 1-2 months? Why not 2013 version in 1-2 months?

This doesn't apply only to road atlases, but to many other products. For example: in 2007 I've ordered my car from the dealer at the beginning of the summer. In August 2007 I actually received it, and at the end of same August 2007 everything regarding it's registration for using on public roads was done. Of course, on the papers it's written "first registration: August 2007". But here is the interesting thing: the car is 2008 version, and everywhere, on all it's papers, it's written "production year: 2008". So I received and registered my car before it was produced
My wife has just started a travel blog. Check it out here: makeitcount.blog
bogdymol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #19211
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1937

I have a book that says it was finished printing on 31st December, 2011 and I had read it before then.

According to AA Roads, the 2014 version of RandMcNally will be out on 3rd of May. But at least since an American road atlas is so rare around here... BTW, it's the second one I buy, the first one I got was back in 2008 and is already in bad condition.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #19212
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19424

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdymol View Post
I don't get one thing. Why will the release the 2014 version in 1-2 months? Why not 2013 version in 1-2 months?
It's an attempt at boosting sales. Nobody wants to travel around with an outdated road atlas (the people that still use them) and they put their "next year atlas" ahead in recent years, so it's released in late April or early May.

While I do have a GPS for city navigation, I still prefer an atlas or Google Maps on something larger than a smartphone screen for planning. There is no way you can get a good context of a route in a region on a tiny GPS or smartphone screen. It's fine for navigating, but not for planning. GPS's have many points of interests for tourists (other than a hotel or gas station), but you need to know they are there in the first place.

Michelin atlases have very subtle but useful ways to show how interesting an area or road is. GPS doesn't have that. They assume you know there is something interesting so the GPS can lead you to it.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #19213
Verso
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
BTW, it's the second one I buy, the first one I got was back in 2008 and is already in bad condition.
Do you sleep with it?
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #19214
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post
Meanwhile in The Netherlands.

Hobbelpaard = Rocking horse
This is the best thing comming from the Netherlands

this summer i must ride to maaskantje
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #19215
piotr71

If it comes to Michelin atlases, I have bought one of Great Britain recently (six months ago, actually ). And have to say it's the best atlas of Britain I have ever had. Do you remember discussion in GB's roads thread how to distinguish grade separated dual carriageways from others on maps? This atlas could be very useful in distinguishing such roads, it shows every junction, crossroads and roundabout in every detail. I really recommend it.

--------------------

Food and ... "not in Western Europe" issue.

Firstly they tried to blame Ukraine and Poland for adding horsemeat to beef, then Romania. However, it did not come so easy with those 3 proud countries. And suddenly emerged...

"This is absolutely shocking. It's totally unacceptable if any business in the UK is defrauding the public by passing off horsemeat as beef.

"I expect the full force of the law to be brought down on anyone involved in this kind of activity."

Slaughterhouse owner Peter Boddy told Sky News: "I have not been supplying meat to Farmbox. I don't know who they are."

http://news.sky.com/story/1051259/ho...erhouse-raided
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #19216
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagor666 View Post
This is the best thing comming from the Netherlands

<video>
I hate those ******* German voice overs

The trailer of the original Dutch movie (the first movie: Turbo)

keokiracer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #19217
Zagor666
Motomaniac

Likes (Received): 349

I like it when dutch people speak german,especialy when the gay say:"ich mach ihn kaputt"

Godius liked this post
Zagor666 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #19218
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
While Daniel remembers what was that interesting thing, here is my latest catch :
[IMG]http://i50.************/vnnplj.jpg[/IMG]

I got it in Zaragoza for some €20.
Is this the border beach between San Diego and Tjuana?
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #19219
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21254

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
Is this the border beach between San Diego and Tjuana?
No

That border looks like this:

Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #19220
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21254

I voted for a minor party on Italian elections (absentee ballots). Tomorrow I'll send it by mail.
Suburbanist no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
highways, motorways